MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

439 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

by SCIAG » 18 Nov 2020 12:12

South Coast Royal
Hound
Pepe the Horseman Given Bournemouth's squad depth compared to ours, this couldn't really have come at a worse time.

dunno depends who is back fit. We could well have a bench with Baldock, Yiadom, Semedo, Aluko, Puscas, McIntyre or something similar

FWIW Bournemouth's bench might include most of these (with approx transfer costs):
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million
Arnat Danjuna-£16 million
Cameron Carter-Vickers USA int. on loan from Spurs
Riquelme-the winger we had on trial

We of course have Aluko. :cry:

So that’s £7m Aluko and £10m Puscas.

Fees can be an indication of how good a player is but they’re not perfect.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Nov 2020 12:16

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Hound
dunno depends who is back fit. We could well have a bench with Baldock, Yiadom, Semedo, Aluko, Puscas, McIntyre or something similar

FWIW Bournemouth's bench might include most of these (with approx transfer costs):
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

The same Aluko who has actually looked pretty ok so far this season, not like previous seasons?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Nov 2020 12:18

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Hound

Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

LOL @ thinking Puscas actually cost us that much.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Nov 2020 12:22

Hendo
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

The same Aluko who has actually looked pretty ok so far this season, not like previous seasons?

Didn't you know, because he was pretty awful three seasons ago in a role that was out of his comfort zone, he's automatically useless?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2020 12:22

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Hound

Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

Yeah but point was on the timing not how much our players cost relative to theirs

If it’d been 5 subs allowed against Preston for us it’d have been absolutely useless really - whilst now it gives us options

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2020 12:37

URZZZZ
Hendo
SCIAG So that’s £7m Aluko and £10m Puscas.

Didn't you know, because he was pretty awful three seasons ago in a role that was out of his comfort zone, he's automatically useless?

LOL He was shit in the 4 separate chances he was given under 4 different managers and is now just flattering without delivering.

There's a reason he's still back of the line even now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2020 12:38

Hound
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

Yeah but point was on the timing not how much our players cost relative to theirs

If it’d been 5 subs allowed against Preston for us it’d have been absolutely useless really - whilst now it gives us options

Not a fan of changing rules partway through the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2020 12:48

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Not a fan of changing rules partway through the season.

no agreed. Should have been 5 since the start of the season.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Nov 2020 13:31

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Hound

Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

Thoroughly -fees are only an indication and Aluko and Puscas are cases in point in that they are our most expensive and yet can't command a regular starting place.
I put the transfer figures in response to the matter of strength in depth and because other posters may not be familiar with these players.

Anyway please keep the optimism coming as I could do with it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Nov 2020 13:41

South Coast Royal
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

Thoroughly -fees are only an indication and Aluko and Puscas are cases in point in that they are our most expensive and yet can't command a regular starting place.
I put the transfer figures in response to the matter of strength in depth and because other posters may not be familiar with these players.

THose fees relate to what a Premiership club owned by amega rich Russian paid, not how good the players are ! Do PL club actually pay less than £10 million for anyone these days ?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Nov 2020 13:53

Nameless
South Coast Royal

THose fees relate to what a Premiership club owned by amega rich Russian paid, not how good the players are ! Do PL club actually pay less than £10 million for anyone these days ?

Agreed, however their most sought after current players in Josh King and David Brooks cost £1 million and £11.5 million and are now thought to be worth around £15 million and £30 million respectively.
I wish those two had been sold along with those that were.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Nov 2020 13:57

Nameless
South Coast Royal

At the end of the day Bournemouth can still only ever have the same numbers of players on the pitch as Reading and their first XI would supposedly be what their manager regards as their best chance of winning the game. Therefore using their subs can only really weaken their position. :wink:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Nov 2020 14:04

Sutekh
Nameless
South Coast Royal

At the end of the day Bournemouth can still only ever have the same numbers of players on the pitch as Reading and their first XI would supposedly be what their manager regards as their best chance of winning the game. Therefore using their subs can only really weaken their position. :wink:

Of course, but the discussion surrounded squad depth.
BTW some of their starters were even more expensive.

I do so hope that our past injured players are fit.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Nov 2020 14:08

Mid Sussex Royal
South Coast Royal This is the game that I had been waiting for when the fixtures were published and more so after we made such a good start.
Now I am glad that it is on TV and can turn over once the game has finished and watch the racing to take my mind off the performance and fortunately with lockdown will not have to talk to too many about the game and the outcome.

I do believe that Bournemouth, despite 3 significant sales, have the squad to win this division and only got relegated due to bad management.
When you have a £25million current Colombian international in centre midfield a £20 million striker, a Dutch winger who cost £16 million plus various others meaning a first team costing well in excess of £100 million it is likely that they will do ok at this level-not to get promoted would represent failure.

A fully fit squad for us would surely give them a good game but our record in recent years for injuries lasting so much longer than the initial forecasts makes me wary of who out of 3 of our best players in Moore, Meite and Ejaria will make it.
Although we haven't played them for 5 years the memory of Blackman & Co strolling around on a wet Tuesday night has stayed in the memory as well as them winning easily at our place on their way to promotion.

I have backed Bournemouth heavily to be promoted this season but would luv it (in a Keaganesque way) if the headlines in the local paper were on the lines of "Wake up call for The Cherries as they suffer their second league defeat of the season".

Good points but will Columbian/Dutch internationals be up for 12 games in 6 weeks and midweek away trips to Barnsley/Rotherham etc?

They've had some iffy results already and are still suspect at the back even in this league; not a shoe in for promotion in my view

Hope they don't go up anyway - their fans think they belong in the premier league now after just 3 seasons and probably 80 in the bottom leagues before that

Just out of interest which teams do you think will finish ahead of them?
Brentford are significantly weaker this season, Norwich maybe or Watford?

Don't forget that they may lose King and/or Brooks in the next window (neither have played that many games so far) but have the money to buy if they feel that they need to strengthen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Nov 2020 14:13

Who have Brentford lost? Just Benrahma and Watkins isnt it? And Toney has been a success so far - though not sure if his all round play was as good as Watkins who i thought was exceptional.

Expect they'll be up there with Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea and Norwich.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Nov 2020 14:23

Hound Who have Brentford lost? Just Benrahma and Watkins isnt it? And Toney has been a success so far - though not sure if his all round play was as good as Watkins who i thought was exceptional.

Expect they'll be up there with Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea and Norwich.

Would expect those to be the top four at the end of the season with Stoke as dark horses.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 18 Nov 2020 15:00

I predict this to be a score draw. Kinda missed football after the international break, despite us losing 3 on the bounce. Time to put it right and play like lions, nothing less will do.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 18 Nov 2020 15:11

South Coast Royal
Hound
Pepe the Horseman Given Bournemouth's squad depth compared to ours, this couldn't really have come at a worse time.

Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

To be honest, we tend to up our game against the supposed better teams in the league, amd i'm sure bournmouth will try and get the ball on the ground and play good football, which tends to suit us better than those non footballing high press in your face bullying tactic style teams whom we struggle to deal with.
Also, i'm not sure how a group of great players will be motivated against playing Reading in the Championship sat on the bench when they can't even get in the first team.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 18 Nov 2020 17:11

The slide will continue, sorry to say we aint going to get anything, 3 or 4 nil defeat at best. Why did we off load Chris Gunter?.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 18 Nov 2020 17:14

Old Man Andrews
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Diego Rico-£10 million
Chris Mepham -£8 million
Lloyd Kelly-£10 million
Phil Billing £16 million

LOL @ thinking Puscas actually cost us that much.

You been in a coma or on the wacky again?.

439 posts