Mannone

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bristol Paul

Mannone

by Bristol Paul » 20 Nov 2020 23:12

From BBC Sport: Monaco came from two goals down to end Paris St-Germain's eight-match winning streak in Ligue 1, moving second with a stunning victory.

Mannone in goal, always thought it a bit strange he didn’t do well for us with a good pedigree, and still only 32. Monaco obviously a great move and proving his class.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Mannone

by Millsy » 20 Nov 2020 23:31

Bristol Paul From BBC Sport: Monaco came from two goals down to end Paris St-Germain's eight-match winning streak in Ligue 1, moving second with a stunning victory.

Mannone in goal, always thought it a bit strange he didn’t do well for us with a good pedigree, and still only 32. Monaco obviously a great move and proving his class.

Full respect and best wishes to the guy. He deserves it.

He had a horrid time with us with the death of his mother. Especially horrid that I believe she was in Italy AND he lost his dad at a young age. Late 20s already early to lose a parent (I know how shit it is having lost my dad at similar age) but at least I had my mum. With him he had already lost his dad and so she was his everything.

I felt extremely sorry for him and could clearly see it affected him, so perhaps not that strange he couldn't find form here.

Very very pleased indeed it is working out well for him, much better for him being somewhere nicer and warmer instead of cold dark wet cynical brexshitty UK.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Nov 2020 07:06

I’ll always remember that penalty he saved.

He was a perfectly fine goalkeeper who suffered a little bit in comparison to Al-Habsi and his constant miracle saves. As alluded to, he had that bereavement and I seem to remember a few injuries? Plus his wages were so high...

Glad he’s doing well.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 09:23

Bristol Paul From BBC Sport: Monaco came from two goals down to end Paris St-Germain's eight-match winning streak in Ligue 1, moving second with a stunning victory.

I thought our fan base were way too hard on him. He was crucified for that Derby equaliser at the start of the 18/19 campaign. His crucial penalty saves the previous since seemed forgotten about.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 09:53

He was ok, not a lot more. Never seemed to make anything other than fairly routine stops.

Jaakkola was a better shot stopper IMO, Martinez a huge upgrade and Cabral a step up too.

When you look at value for money, we were paying at a rate where you'd expect the best keeper in the league and instead we got a pretty bang average one.

Seemed a good guy, always professional and one of the many treated badly by Gomes, but still wasn't up to it and had to go. It was signings like Mannone that oxf*rd our finances.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 11:39

Snowflake Royal He was ok, not a lot more. Never seemed to make anything other than fairly routine stops.

Jaakkola was a better shot stopper IMO, Martinez a huge upgrade and Cabral a step up too.

When you look at value for money, we were paying at a rate where you'd expect the best keeper in the league and instead we got a pretty bang average one.

Seemed a good guy, always professional and one of the many treated badly by Gomes, but still wasn't up to it and had to go. It was signings like Mannone that oxf*rd our finances.

+1 on all of that

He was ok. Was hoping for a lot better

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Nov 2020 14:47

Mannone was crap. End of.

Sadly Rafael isn't much better.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Nov 2020 15:02

Snowflake Royal He was ok, not a lot more. Never seemed to make anything other than fairly routine stops.

Goalkeeping expert.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Nov 2020 20:20

Pleased for the player.
It helps any keeper playing behind better defenders and let's face it ours weren't the greatest to play behind.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 20:37

I certainly can’t remember Mannone making the number of mistakes that Rafael is making.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 21:00

I may need to revise my assessment of Cabral. Last season he was way better. This season he's fast becoming a calamity.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2020 09:12

He'll sort it out. Come on Rafael!

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1