BFS - Bristol City (H)

209 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFS - Bristol City (H)

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Nov 2020 21:14

Did anyone notice that the commentator on Sky seemed very knowledgeable about our players and dare I say it, a little enthusiastic about us. Tbf he’d probably just done his homework and was pleased to have an exciting game to commentate on but noticeable from the usual negativity we get.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 21:21

Hound Half watching the game on replay. Couple of things

The Martin foul was utterly premeditated. Nasty piece of work

The foul for their goal was ridiculous. Laurent just tackled him

Holmes though not offering a threat down the line is a huge threat from set pieces. What you lose from Esteves down the wing you’re probably gaining from Holmes height

I don’t think we’ve lost anything from “Esteves down the wing”. Can count on three fingers how many good crosses he put in, and for all of his supposed trickery, mostly beat a man and then passed backwards.

Holmes’ delivery also seems to have improved, put in some decent balls.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Nov 2020 22:25

Watching highlights on Quest, as I was at work today. We looked good, nice goals. Great and vital result.

Also on a side note nice to have a young lady presenting and not Colin Murray, I am sure Simmops will agree.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Nov 2020 22:39

What’s wrong with Colin Murray?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2020 22:56

AthleticoSpizz What’s wrong with Colin Murray?

Doing the snooker.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Nov 2020 23:03

Fair fooks..cheers

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Nov 2020 09:51

AthleticoSpizz What’s wrong with Colin Murray?

What’s right with him?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2020 10:13

AthleticoSpizz
marlowuk Not sure if someone has already mentioned this but the City Fans Forum preceded their discussions on the game with a 'summary' of their opponents. I have never seen such a comprehensive essay on our team by an opposition website before!! If you haven't done so yet, take a look at - https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209770-reading-%E2%80%93-sat-28th%C2%A0november-1230-%E2%80%93-what-can-we-expect/

It's only failing is that it concludes that Bristol will beat us 2 - 0!!
WOW :shock: that’s amazing.

Sutekh, you’ve got some work to do :wink:

No, I have a life :lol:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Nov 2020 10:30

3points
Notts Royal
Hound There’s some beef between Martin and Moore I think. Don’t think it was an accident he ‘did’ him like that

Maybe Moore didn’t think Martin pulled his weight when he was here, when in reality the illness had a big impact on him? I didn’t picture Martin as a dirty player but that was pretty bad

Always seen Martin as a cynical player. Buys more fouls as CF than pretty much anyone else I’ve ever seen. Goes down like a sack of spuds, but likes to leave his foot in.

A modern day Trevor Morley?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Nov 2020 11:17

Top of the table 6 pointer and we absolutely demolished them.

Totally in keeping with the opening run of games.

This is not a Stamball boring ugly 1-0 here and there, this is very very good team.

The questions are:

1) what will happen next time we lose ... will it be several games of mistakes and huge defeats or will we be able to bounce back more quickly?

2) what will happen when we lose Meite or Joao or Moore to injury. Again will it be a total meltdown for ages?

There is no doubt that this team when all fit and in good spirits is incredibly good.

I hope if they can the owners will dig into their pockets to get cover in January.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Nov 2020 11:33

Franchise FC how the hell can anyone keep Joao quiet

I think this is my biggest worry.

Joao is something special. I lost count the number of times ball was somewhere near him and he somehow got it, got it past the 4 players around him and turned a nothing situation into an attack.

Big, strong, powerful, skilful, good finisher, he just absolutely has it all and is PL class.

Gooding I think it was said, when he was talking about backup options, he’s the one player there is no backup option for in the championship. I think one of them joked in the whole league or world. I know what they mean. They guy is something else.

Having him also frees up the others to be dangerous. Are the opposition now going to put 3 men on Joao or Ejaria? What about Olise or Meite..? I’d be lost trying to set a team up against us.

Having said that teams had no problem in the preceding few games with this... :?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Nov 2020 11:34

Millsy Top of the table 6 pointer and we absolutely demolished them.

This is not a Stamball boring ugly 1-0 here and there, this is very very good team.

The questions are:

1) what will happen next time we lose ... will it be several games of mistakes and huge defeats or will we be able to bounce back more quickly?

2) what will happen when we lose Meite or Joao or Moore to injury. Again will it be a total meltdown for ages?

There is no doubt that this team when all fit and in good spirits is incredibly good.

I hope if they can the owners will dig into their pockets to get cover in January.

I think the run of defeats just shows how poor our squad depth is, if we can stay relatively injury free we'll have a good season, otherwise we'll have similar runs later in the season.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Nov 2020 11:44

Just serves to highlight that playing both Aluko / Semedo in the absence of Meite / Olise doesn’t give us the same energy, defensive cover or creativity. They’re good replacements if one of Meite, Olise or Ejaria are out but maybe not both playing at the same time :?:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Nov 2020 12:06

tidus_mi2

The questions are:

I think the run of defeats just shows how poor our squad depth is, if we can stay relatively injury free we'll have a good season, otherwise we'll have similar runs later in the season.

Any team losing 3 of their best players are going to struggle tbf

Not that the replacements were bad players but just not the same level

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Nov 2020 15:33

He'll need to be careful in the next few games as the officials will now be looking out for that sort of behaviour, given how it was highlighted on the TV.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Nov 2020 15:41

RoyalBlue

He'll need to be careful in the next few games as the officials will now be looking out for that sort of behaviour, given how it was highlighted on the TV.

Dunno. If you ask me most officials are too incompetent to see what’s in front of them there and then, without trying to think of something that happened before :wink:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Nov 2020 17:26

Hound
tidus_mi2

The questions are:

Any team losing 3 of their best players are going to struggle tbf

Not that the replacements were bad players but just not the same level

Not to the extent of leaking goals as we have done recently.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Nov 2020 17:40

Interesting to see that we’re seriously more defensively sound when the opponents are more concerned with our front 3/4

Have a couple of them missing and the oppo are not so worried so can push on easier.

Suggests that the best form of defence is attack, or something like that

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Nov 2020 18:05

Franchise FC Interesting to see that we’re seriously more defensively sound when the opponents are more concerned with our front 3/4

Have a couple of them missing and the oppo are not so worried so can push on easier.

Suggests that the best form of defence is attack, or something like that

There is a lot to that tbf

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Nov 2020 19:53

Was one of our major issues for years. We carried no threat so teams didn't need to worry about defending, just keep attacking til they got a goal.

Started to change with Clement backing Meite.

Obviously wasn't an issue Stam1 thanks to Yann

209 posts