FA cup 3rd round draw

199 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FA cup 3rd round draw

by Sutekh » 06 Dec 2021 20:03

From Despair To Where? Haven't been knocked out by a non league team for a while, have we?

Colchester in 90 isn't it?

Yes I know Barnet knocked us out of the Mickey Mouse about 20 years ago.

2-1 to Colchester at Layer Road in 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQdFLOl-0lA

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Dec 2021 20:08

Worth resurrecting this chant?

https://youtu.be/YUTTnrs4Myo

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Dec 2021 20:10

You lucky lot. Kiddy is an excellent away trip.

A proper, modern away terrace with a great combo of acoustics and good views. Holds about 900 I think. The station is right next to the ground and is about 50 mins from Birmingham New Street. Pubs are ok as I recall and the locals are a friendly bunch. I think the famous homemade Kidderminster pies are no more, sadly, but the catering is still way better than average.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Dec 2021 20:13

Mid Sussex Royal Are they the lowest ranked side left in? If so will defs be on TV

you would think so, but with headlines like this on the BBC site, it shows where the thinking is these days; three ties where five of the six teams involved will field their reserve teams.

FA Cup third-round draw: Chelsea host Chesterfield, Man Utd v Aston Villa, West Ham v Leeds

Of course, that Man Utd tie should read "Manchester United v Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa, as they are now known.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 20:15

NathStPaul Can't wait for the bitter scramble for tickets. Going to be great to watch many of the Reading FC youth imploding because they can't get a ticket.

I’m oxf*rd here for it.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 Dec 2021 20:22

Jerry St Clair You lucky lot. Kiddy is an excellent away trip.

A proper, modern away terrace with a great combo of acoustics and good views. Holds about 900 I think. The station is right next to the ground and is about 50 mins from Birmingham New Street. Pubs are ok as I recall and the locals are a friendly bunch. I think the famous homemade Kidderminster pies are no more, sadly, but the catering is still way better than average.

Away end holds 1,500 I believe. We will sell out.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Dec 2021 20:28

Barney

I would imagine that total includes a few hundred seats.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Dec 2021 21:03

Man on the ground reporting.

Actually went to Kidderminster Halifax yesterday. Kidderminster were solid, but very, very narrow. Deserved the win but a solid Championship performance should do for them. Very vocal fans.

In terms of the away 'end', reckon we'll get a block of seats next to the end terrace. That terrace was split into two for Halifax, with an unused pen between the two sets of Halifax fans.

In terms of trains, it's not direct from New Street, but Snow Hill/Moor Street. About 35 minutes, give or take.

For the connoisseurs, https://www.svr.co.uk/ goes right past the ground, which is nice. Think my plans for the day will involve treating myself to a day out on the choo choo first 8) . The other railway treat will be a chance to see the Stourbridge Parry People Mover at Stourbridge Junction 8) 8) .

Pubs? The steam train station pub (King and Castle) is a real ale pub next to a steam train terminus decked up like 1940s GWR depot. How. About. Yes. The Railway Bell over the road appeared to be home fans only on Sunday. Small front bar, shows the sports. Down the road, you've got Weaver's Real Ale House, an ale-based micro-pub. There are two pubs at the ground, and the Station Inn is just around the corner from the station, basically overlooking the modern platforms.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Dec 2021 21:05

Barney

You're right. It does. Just checked and I went there with Cheltenham who took 900, so that's where I got confused.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Dec 2021 21:07

stealthpapes For the connoisseurs, https://www.svr.co.uk/ goes right past the ground, which is nice. Think my plans for the day will involve treating myself to a day out on the choo choo first 8) . The other railway treat will be a chance to see the Stourbridge Parry People Mover at Stourbridge Junction 8) 8) .

Worth checking this. I think the SVR shuts down after Christmas for Jan and Feb.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Dec 2021 21:11

oh no, that's *quite* disappointing!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Dec 2021 22:20

stealthpapes Man on the ground reporting.

Actually went to Kidderminster Halifax yesterday. Kidderminster were solid, but very, very narrow. Deserved the win but a solid Championship performance should do for them. Very vocal fans.

In terms of the away 'end', reckon we'll get a block of seats next to the end terrace. That terrace was split into two for Halifax, with an unused pen between the two sets of Halifax fans.

In terms of trains, it's not direct from New Street, but Snow Hill/Moor Street. About 35 minutes, give or take.

For the connoisseurs, https://www.svr.co.uk/ goes right past the ground, which is nice. Think my plans for the day will involve treating myself to a day out on the choo choo first 8) . The other railway treat will be a chance to see the Stourbridge Parry People Mover at Stourbridge Junction 8) 8) .

Pubs? The steam train station pub (King and Castle) is a real ale pub next to a steam train terminus decked up like 1940s GWR depot. How. About. Yes. The Railway Bell over the road appeared to be home fans only on Sunday. Small front bar, shows the sports. Down the road, you've got Weaver's Real Ale House, an ale-based micro-pub. There are two pubs at the ground, and the Station Inn is just around the corner from the station, basically overlooking the modern platforms.

Holy crap, Papes is alive

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 22:41

genome
stealthpapes Man on the ground reporting.

Holy crap, Papes is alive

Guess the clue is in the name as to why he is rarely seen :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2021 22:45

Kidderminster Harriers’ cheapest adult season ticket is for their standing section and is….. £294 :lol: :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Dec 2021 23:03

Don't home teams only have to give 15% so that's only 1,000 as their ground is 6,500ish. Hoping they give us the 1,500 allocation as most of our fans who want to go should get a ticket.

Hoping 3,500 royalty points + a ST should be enough for this one.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 23:03

CountryRoyal Kidderminster Harriers’ cheapest adult season ticket is for their standing section and is….. £294 :lol: :lol:

Not sure whether it’s the same now, but certainly a few years ago, ticket prices at NL and NL N/S were set by the league. Always found Basingstoke tickets on the high side for the level they played at, at the time. Could be a similar thing, I guess.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Dec 2021 23:17

Hendo
CountryRoyal Kidderminster Harriers’ cheapest adult season ticket is for their standing section and is….. £294 :lol: :lol:

Not sure whether it’s the same now, but certainly a few years ago, ticket prices at NL and NL N/S were set by the league. Always found Basingstoke tickets on the high side for the level they played at, at the time. Could be a similar thing, I guess.

Non league football as a whole is expensive. In the national league south the average game paid on the day is £16 I think

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2021 23:32

Royal_jimmy
Hendo

Non league football as a whole is expensive. In the national league south the average game paid on the day is £16 I think

It does just reinforce how good our pricing is.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Dec 2021 00:38

Jerry St Clair the locals are a friendly bunch.

This makes me sad :cry:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Dec 2021 00:41

I would guess Andy Carroll would be missing for this one if his future is still up in the air, he wouldn`t want to be cup tied.

199 posts