MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Tony Barrass

340 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Tony Barrass

by bcubed » 27 Dec 2020 15:17

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
Pepe the Horseman Does he though? Genuine question.

No keeper saves everything

Thanks for that sherlock. :lol:

Cabral has made 41 saves, we've conceded 27 goals. That's 41/68 = 60% shots on target (excluding blocks) saved. Which means he's letting in slightly more than 1 in 3.

I'd like to see some numbers on shots from outside the box on target vs saves and compared to other keepers, but I can't see the stats broken down that way.

Yes I know it’s obvious but was just responding to Nameless saying “keepers need to save everything”! :)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Dec 2020 16:13

bcubed
Snowflake Royal
bcubed

Cabral has made 41 saves, we've conceded 27 goals. That's 41/68 = 60% shots on target (excluding blocks) saved. Which means he's letting in slightly more than 1 in 3.

I'd like to see some numbers on shots from outside the box on target vs saves and compared to other keepers, but I can't see the stats broken down that way.

Yes I know it’s obvious but was just responding to Nameless saying “keepers need to save everything”! :)

It may seem obvious but in terms of comparison with strikers it’s pretty defendable. A keeper who saves everything bar one has essentially failed, a striker that misses everything bar one has probably succeeded.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Dec 2020 16:51

Ejaria had a poor game but it’s very harsh to say he generally has no end product. He set up a goal that really should have counted completely as his against Norwich. This season he has 2 goals and 4 assists in 16 appearances - that’s a very good return. Some of those assists have been really phenomenal passes. If he keeps that up all season he’ll finish on something like 5 goals and 10 assists which is comparable to Barrow’s best season for us (10 goals 4 assists). He’s got plenty of end product.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2020 17:25

bcubed
Snowflake Royal
bcubed

Fair.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Dec 2020 19:14

SCIAG Ejaria had a poor game but it’s very harsh to say he generally has no end product. He set up a goal that really should have counted completely as his against Norwich. This season he has 2 goals and 4 assists in 16 appearances - that’s a very good return. Some of those assists have been really phenomenal passes. If he keeps that up all season he’ll finish on something like 5 goals and 10 assists which is comparable to Barrow’s best season for us (10 goals 4 assists). He’s got plenty of end product.

Spot on.

Anybody who doesn’t like Ejaria doesn’t like football.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2020 19:41

Royal Rother
SCIAG Ejaria had a poor game but it’s very harsh to say he generally has no end product. He set up a goal that really should have counted completely as his against Norwich. This season he has 2 goals and 4 assists in 16 appearances - that’s a very good return. Some of those assists have been really phenomenal passes. If he keeps that up all season he’ll finish on something like 5 goals and 10 assists which is comparable to Barrow’s best season for us (10 goals 4 assists). He’s got plenty of end product.

Spot on.

Yes agreed. He was poor though yesterday. Overall he has been fine.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Dec 2020 21:12

Zip
Royal Rother

Spot on.

Yes agreed. He was poor though yesterday. Overall he has been fine.

Yep

As mentioned he is missing his targets coming in from the right - when we are at our best he can either go down the outside of the fullback or cut in and aim for Meite’s run from the right or Joao in the middle (or shoot)

He just seems a bit out of options at the moment with only Baldock to aim for - and hence ends up just passing it back

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2020 21:59

Royal Rother

Spot on.

Says the guy who sacked off decent professional football to watch some non-league cloggers.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Dec 2020 22:26

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rother

Spot on.

Says the guy who sacked off decent professional football to watch some non-league cloggers.

That’s not really a logical response. But I know it’s all about oneupmanship with you so I can see where you’re coming from.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Dec 2020 22:33

Ian ‘came into football’ when The Royals were on their early-day upward trajectory I guess.

His lack of respect for the NL game evidently, shows his naivety.

A lot of Biscuitmen and Royals came from, and went to the ‘steps’.

He’s a bad toad sometimes, but he’s our bad toad

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2020 09:06

How did Swift get on, when he came on?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Dec 2020 09:31

CountryRoyal How did Swift get on, when he came on?

Didn’t see any of the ball to begin with but was then pretty active. He gave us a bit of composure and looked fine.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Dec 2020 09:33

Zip

Didn’t see any of the ball to begin with but was then pretty active. He gave us a bit of composure and looked fine.

Thanks. Hopefully can get back to form and be an asset to us again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Dec 2020 10:55

AthleticoSpizz Ian ‘came into football’ when The Royals were on their early-day upward trajectory I guess.

The first full seasons I went to we finished 19th, 18th, 24th, 11th, 10th so we were on a downward trajectory. I've seen non league, it's shit. And I remember Rother's flounce.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2020 11:23

He sort of skipped across the white line then broke into a jog.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2020 11:29

AthleticoSpizz Ian ‘came into football’ when The Royals were on their early-day upward trajectory I guess.

Well indeed. I actually find his football observations quite interesting generally and, dare I say it, insightful.

He could do with a lighter touch and a humour transplant sometimes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Dec 2020 11:33

When I was 15/16 and couldn’t get to Reading games I used to see my local team Cheltenham Town play in the Midland division of non League football. I used to really enjoy it. I remember a certain Trevor Senior scoring a few for Dorchester Town v Cheltenham at Whaddon Road in a Cup game. Must have been around 80/81.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Dec 2020 12:50

Royal Rother

Spot on.

I'm not sure what I think about him this season. And find him frustrating at times. Can I still like football? :wink:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Dec 2020 14:23

Royal Rother

He sort of skipped across the white line then broke

Oh no... not again...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2020 16:20

blueroyals
Royal Rother

He sort of skipped across the white line then broke

Oh no... not again...

:lol:

340 posts