MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by a no pressure game

429 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by a no pressure game

by genome » 30 Dec 2020 22:23

Hound Assuming there are contract talks with McIntyre going on? Would be stupid to lose him really

Don't think he'll be in a huge rush to go unless a big big move comes in. He's Reading through and through. Cut him, he bleeds blue and white. He blasts the Reading FC Anthem by Kevin Girdler on repeat in his car. His bedroom walls are adorned with rumblestix

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2020 22:26

Great interview from VP there swatted away speculation about Olise and his release clause.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Dec 2020 22:27

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2020 22:28

Jagermesiter1871 Stinker of a performance by Olise. I'll say it again; I'd rather keep Richards than Olise.

He`s 19, you want him to pull up trees every game?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Dec 2020 22:28

Ascotexgunner
Hendo
genome With Joao, Meite, Moore and Yiadom in the side we would've won that match.

Especially when you add Richards and Swift in and around the starting XI as well.

If 95% of the team stay fit

Dream on m8

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2020 22:31

windermereROYAL
Jagermesiter1871 Stinker of a performance by Olise. I'll say it again; I'd rather keep Richards than Olise.

He’s done brilliantly this season. Look at the goals and assists. He can’t be expected to do so well all the time.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2020 22:32

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound
Thought esteves had a decent game overall. Holmes not at his best today I didn’t think - lost a lot in the air

Thought he defended ok but was otherwise disappointing.

Thought Holmes had another good game.

Think in a game like that defending ok is good enough. Put in a lovely cross and was the man on the break when we were 3 on 1. Thought he was fine

We seemed to struggle a bit from crosses coming in, I’d have hoped Holmes would have been more visible in getting some of those away. The best Rafa save was arguably a result of his hesitancy when Ayew got in front of him

Not being overly critical, he has been excellent this season considering though

We won’t play against many better strikers than Ayew. A PL player any day of the week. A real threat but also worked hard to drop back and set up moves.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2020 22:36

We may be missing our strikers, fullbacks and centre back but we are very strong in midfield. Laurent and Rinomhota to shore up things, Swift, Olise and Ejaria to provide the creativity.
I thought Baldock did ok tonight. One lovely backheel to Semedo which very nearly saw him into the penalty box.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Dec 2020 22:39

All things considered, Is that result of the season?

Rax

by Rax » 30 Dec 2020 22:43

Great point from a fairly entertaining game.

Loved the post match interview from VP to remind Sky about confidentialality (sp??) re contracts - I think that's been well and truly broken tonight.

Fair play VP!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Dec 2020 22:45

Rax Great point from a fairly entertaining game.

Loved the post match interview from VP to remind Sky about confidentialality (sp??) re contracts - I think that's been well and truly broken tonight.

Fair play VP!

? Didn’t see it, can you elaborate please?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Dec 2020 22:46

WoodleyRoyal

Fair play VP!

This

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2020 22:53

WoodleyRoyal

Fair play VP!

Basically he said we want him to continue his development here and contracts are confidential and in not so many words telling the interviewer to mind their own business and he`s still our player.

Rax

by Rax » 30 Dec 2020 22:56

WoodleyRoyal

Fair play VP!

Basically Sky spent all game commenting on the fact they know Olise's release clause is "a little more than £8m" - VP was asked the question would he see a PL club coming in and meeting that - to which he replied along the lines of he didn't want to discuss contracts as they are confidential.

Sky have been utterly disrespectful to Reading on this - it was almost as if they were on commission!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Dec 2020 23:05

Something like this

We have to be very careful talking about contracts. There is always confidentiality involved and if there is anyone releasing that information they need to be careful.
Michael is in the right and best possible place for his career. We want him to be with us for a long time and hopefully together in the Premier League.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 30 Dec 2020 23:29

Good point against a very tidy Swansea side, especially with our injury crisis. With the calvalry back in the New Year and get Swifty back is like a new signing, i really believe we could be dark horses and take a play off spot.

Rafael 8 - MoM, Back to his best tonight and kept us in the game.
Holmes 7 - Looking at home in his more natural position, our future CB for sure.
Morrision 7 - Steady Eddie at the back, always barking orders at the youngsters.
Esteves 6 - Got beat a few times, but slowly getting to grips with the Championship.
McIntyre 8 - Another good game, he is very good on the ball and pose's an attacking threat at the other end. I actually believe this guy could make a great DM in the future, and would have no problem playing him there if the other two need a rest.
Laurant 6 - Steady, not quite his usual swashbuckling display.
Rinhomota 6 - Pretty much as per Laurant, should have done better when played into the area and got the ball across goal.
Ejaria 6 - Better today, but marked out of the game.
Semedo 5 - This guy is no AM, and with Swift back will struggle to get in the starting line up.
Olise 6 - Tried hard but failed to make a mark, should have put Esteves through on that break-away.
Baldock 6 - Again, can't fault his effort, we just don't play him to his strength.

Subs:
Swift 6 - Great on the ball and gives us another dimension. Not sure where to play him though?
Aluko 6 - Good option as a sub, i guess thats about it really.
Richards 6 - Great to have him back fit again, and a must start at LB moving forward.

So a few good headaches moving forward regarding Swift and McIntyre i guess. I would move Holmes to RB and McIntyre to CB and Richards back into his LB role.
I guess Swift into Semedos position, but both Olise and Ejaria want the spot as well!!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Dec 2020 23:41

Hound Assuming there are contract talks with McIntyre going on? Would be stupid to lose him really
hopefully there are also contract talks ongoing with Morrison as well. Definitely worth at least another season.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 30 Dec 2020 23:43

Crowbar6753 Good point against a very tidy Swansea side, especially with our injury crisis. With the calvalry back in the New Year and get Swifty back is like a new signing, i really believe we could be dark horses and take a play off spot.

Rafael 8 - MoM, Back to his best tonight and kept us in the game.
Holmes 7 - Looking at home in his more natural position, our future CB for sure.
Morrision 7 - Steady Eddie at the back, always barking orders at the youngsters.
Esteves 6 - Got beat a few times, but slowly getting to grips with the Championship.
McIntyre 8 - Another good game, he is very good on the ball and pose's an attacking threat at the other end. I actually believe this guy could make a great DM in the future, and would have no problem playing him there if the other two need a rest.
Laurant 6 - Steady, not quite his usual swashbuckling display.
Rinhomota 6 - Pretty much as per Laurant, should have done better when played into the area and got the ball across goal.
Ejaria 6 - Better today, but marked out of the game.
Semedo 5 - This guy is no AM, and with Swift back will struggle to get in the starting line up.
Olise 6 - Tried hard but failed to make a mark, should have put Esteves through on that break-away.
Baldock 6 - Again, can't fault his effort, we just don't play him to his strength.

Subs:
Swift 6 - Great on the ball and gives us another dimension. Not sure where to play him though?
Aluko 6 - Good option as a sub, i guess thats about it really.
Richards 6 - Great to have him back fit again, and a must start at LB moving forward.

So a few good headaches moving forward regarding Swift and McIntyre i guess. I would move Holmes to RB and McIntyre to CB and Richards back into his LB role.
I guess Swift into Semedos position, but both Olise and Ejaria want the spot as well!!

“I guess Swift into Semedos position, but both Olise and Ejaria want the spot as well!!”

Which is why selling Olise isn’t the end of the world

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Dec 2020 00:06

windermereROYAL

Also thought he wasn’t himself.
Perhaps not fully fit? Quite likely
Perhaps not so comfortable playing out wide?
Either way it wasn’t his finest hour and a half

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Dec 2020 00:28

Crowbar6753 Swift 6 - Great on the ball and gives us another dimension. Not sure where to play him though?

At no 10. We've desperately missed him and his influence on the game.

429 posts