Which players are not getting a break ?

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Which players are not getting a break ?

by Westwood52 » 23 Mar 2021 10:28

Anybody know who isn’t getting a break over the International call ups ?
Jao and Laurent clearly need some down time to get back to where they were.I think I read Moore has jetted off for Jamaica ?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Which players are not getting a break ?

by Snowball » 23 Mar 2021 10:52

Westwood52 Anybody know who isn’t getting a break over the International call ups ?
Jao and Laurent clearly need some down time to get back to where they were.I think I read Moore has jetted off for Jamaica ?

Which is "perfick".

Moore will "need a rest" and we can have

Morrison-McIntyre
Morrison-Holmes
or
Morrison-Gibson

v Barnsley

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2021 12:29

Westwood52 Anybody know who isn’t getting a break over the International call ups ?

Sorry Westwood, but it's really bugging me for some reason. Could you spell Joao's name right please?

lolwut

by lolwut » 23 Mar 2021 12:30

Glad that Jao is getting some rest.

As for Moore, the Jamaica game is in being held Austria, which is why so many English based players are in the squad.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 Mar 2021 12:50

Snowflake Royal

Sorry Westwood, but it's really bugging me for some reason. Could you spell Joao's name right please?

Yep sorry..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Mar 2021 12:54

Westwood52
Snowflake Royal

Yep sorry..

Appreciated. :D It's not often that sort of thing has an effect on me. :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Mar 2021 13:40

I'd say Luke Southwood isn't getting a break. Time and time again we see Rafael make horrendous error after error and yet we still persist with him.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 23 Mar 2021 17:49

Ref ; John Smith comments , it’s not that Raphael is a bad goalkeeper - it’s just that he’s not a good one

I’ve also yet to be convinced that Holmes is better on the pitch than the bench .

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Mar 2021 18:09

Once upon a time . Ref ; John Smith comments , it’s not that Raphael is a bad goalkeeper - it’s just that he’s not a good one

I’ve also yet to be convinced that Holmes is better on the pitch than the bench .

Wait until he's out injured. He'll be brilliant then

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Mar 2021 09:16

Once upon a time . Ref ; John Smith comments , it’s not that Raphael is a bad goalkeeper - it’s just that he’s not a good one

I find both comments hard to disagree with, especially Holmes.

What I will say is that there is more room for flexibility with younger players in outfield positions than such a crucial and unique position as the goalkeeper, so there is no scope for messing around.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Mar 2021 10:24

Sometimes keepers just need a shot to show what they can do, look at Emi Martinez, always second fiddle at Arsenal but came on loan to us, did fantastic and his career really took off at that point.

Rafael was in a similar position, constant bench warmer in Serie A for Napoli and then Sampdoria but has come here and done well, he isn't perfect, his ability to save long distance shots notably seems to be a weakness but I would still class him as a higher level Championship goalkeeper and can understand why Southwood isn't getting a shot.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Mar 2021 11:08

From what I've seen he's the best we have. Not rubbish, not great, just the best we have.

As I've said though to me a top team needs a top keeper. Throughout the squad we do have standout players but Rafael is currently not that. He's just ok. If we did have someone like USA, Martinez, Shaka etc then we'd have an extra 6-8 points and would be battling autopro.

The issue though is from what I've seen fishing around looking for this with our youngsters is likely futile as Rafael is best. It'd mean splashing out some cash. And if we are able to do that is the keeper the best to invest in? Are there other areas that deserve more attention eg backup for Joao? LB? Wingers? etc.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 24 Mar 2021 13:56

Snowball

Wait until he's out injured. He'll be brilliant then

Unfortunately Tom got rinsed on Saturday.He really isn’t a FB.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Mar 2021 17:05

Millsy From what I've seen he's the best we have. Not rubbish, not great, just the best we have.

As I've said though to me a top team needs a top keeper. Throughout the squad we do have standout players but Rafael is currently not that. He's just ok. If we did have someone like USA, Martinez, Shaka etc then we'd have an extra 6-8 points and would be battling autopro.

The issue though is from what I've seen fishing around looking for this with our youngsters is likely futile as Rafael is best. It'd mean splashing out some cash. And if we are able to do that is the keeper the best to invest in? Are there other areas that deserve more attention eg backup for Joao? LB? Wingers? etc.

How have you managed to see enough of Southwood to judge Cabral is better?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Mar 2021 17:26

Snowflake Royal
Millsy From what I've seen he's the best we have. Not rubbish, not great, just the best we have.

How have you managed to see enough of Southwood to judge Cabral is better?

Flipping brilliant, I've only gone and confused Walker with Southwood, innit. Walker/Southwood. Sound almost identical.

Scrap that then.

Still, the chances of dropping Rafael in this critical run in and Southwood somehow shining as noticeably better is pretty slim. Next season though yeah sure. If he ends up beign the next McCarthy, great.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Mar 2021 17:42

Yeah. If Rafa wasn't dropped when he dropped clangers in about 5 out of 7 games, he's not going anywhere now when he's not done a huge amount wrong.

If we end up guaranteed in or out of the POs with game(s) to spare I definitely want to see Southwood get a run out.

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1