MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (a)

391 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (a)

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Apr 2021 20:26

Westwood52
Jagermesiter1871 That Sky commentary was horrendous. Never noticed it before but if you were just listening to the audio you'd have thought Barnsley were playing like 1970 Brazil and we were camped in our box.

Ref was awful as well, but that's a given.

TBF I don’t think he got a lot wrong.

Completely inconsistent. The pen was soft and he let challenges go that could easily be reds from another ref.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Apr 2021 20:28

Westwood52
Jagermesiter1871 That Sky commentary was horrendous. Never noticed it before but if you were just listening to the audio you'd have thought Barnsley were playing like 1970 Brazil and we were camped in our box.

Then your sight is as poor as your punctuation and spelling.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Apr 2021 20:32

Jagermesiter1871
Westwood52

Completely inconsistent. The pen was soft and he let challenges go that could easily be reds from another ref.

Mate, Yiadom had his arm round the blokes neck for no reason. You are asking for trouble doing that especially as given where the ball was the ref will be looking at you. In rugby, that could if even be a red card these days that's how stupid it was.

We dropped two points today due to 2 moments of stupidity as we contained Barnsley and gave them nothing apart from the pen.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Apr 2021 20:37

Orion1871
Westwood52

Then your sight is as poor as your punctuation and spelling.

Surely a wind up from Westwood?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Apr 2021 20:37

Stranded
Jagermesiter1871
Westwood52

Mate, Yiadom had his arm round the blokes neck for no reason. You are asking for trouble doing that especially as given where the ball was the ref will be looking at you. In rugby, that could if even be a red card these days that's how stupid it was.

We dropped two points today due to 2 moments of stupidity as we contained Barnsley and gave them nothing apart from the pen.

As Moore said, they were both at each other whole game, that being one of the most minor. And all over the pitch the same was happening.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Apr 2021 20:39

Stranded
Jagermesiter1871
Westwood52

I don't care if Yiadom gave the lad a Stone Cold Stunner. He was never getting anywhere near the ball and you see that sort of jostling in every game. Holmes cleared it and the ball was gone, never a penalty and this ref should've been struck off the day he missed the assault on Oliveira.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Apr 2021 20:43

Hound 2 silly mistakes cost us the game. Played pretty well and stood up to their physicality

Massively frustrating to not win it really. Didn’t think a huge amount of Barnsley. Got a game plan and stick to it, but big lack of quality

Share the general feel over Goodmans nonsense - there was about 3 fouls and a handball leading up to that disallowed goal

This

First half especially we looked really up for it for a change.
There was a determination to keep them out at whatever cost and it was working well
Think this is why Moore was so disappointed at the end

We played pretty much all of the good football in the first half. The passing was crisp and there was plenty of movement off the ball.

Such a shame to give it away against a frankly disappointing team.
Very quick to close down and very physical. They offered little against us and they won’t get away with those tactics in the Prem.

So why shouldn’t we feel upset after that and wet the bed if we feel it helps?
It is our best season for ages but when you have good seasons you need to take advantage
If you don’t and instead you throw away games you should win, you’re going to be pissed off. I am

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Apr 2021 20:43

I was expecting a lot more from Barnsley but they were just a well drilled and fit pub team, the game was largely head tennis and devoid of skill. Effective but dire to watch and they got lucky with the pen, the ref and our misfiring.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Apr 2021 20:50

Orion1871
Stranded
Jagermesiter1871

I don't care if Yiadom gave the lad a Stone Cold Stunner. He was never getting anywhere near the ball and you see that sort of jostling in every game. Holmes cleared it and the ball was gone, never a penalty and this ref should've been struck off the day he missed the assault on Oliveira.

Literally nothing you've said there has any bearing on the fact that Yiadom pulled the guy back by his throat in the box. None.

Doesn't matter if they were having a go at each other the ehole game and the ref misses 99% of it. You don't pull back a guy by the throat in the box because at best you are just hoping the ref misses that too. Do it in the centre circle, corner wherever but not in the box. Stupid.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Apr 2021 20:52

Any idea what the stuff on the bench was about and their manager throwing a strop?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Apr 2021 20:58

Jagermesiter1871 Any idea what the stuff on the bench was about and their manager throwing a strop?

This is the third time one of us has asked this
Not sure anyone knows

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2021 21:07

bcubed
Jagermesiter1871 Any idea what the stuff on the bench was about and their manager throwing a strop?

This is the third time one of us has asked this
Not sure anyone knows

Pauno stormed off straight after FT without offering a handshake. Their gaffer took offence, O’Shea offered a handshake, their now offended gaffer, refused.

Apparently.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Apr 2021 21:10

What was the manager handbags about, anyone know?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Apr 2021 21:12

Felt sorry for Liam tonight. He was absolutely immense and was clearly having to bite his tongue in that interview after the game.

The pen was soft and it was unfortunate it had to come in a game like this. That said, if we had been given it we would have been saying it was the correct decision.

We should have won the game. The chances for Meite and Joao were the best of the game by either team, admittedly both from Barnsley mistakes. Joao also should have done better with a chance in the first half which on form he probably would have scored.

Barnsley I was a bit disappointed with given the rave reviews they have been getting. They looked to be a decent championship side playing the percentages well and on good form but no more than that.

Thought Rino, Laurent, were back to their best, Ejaria was good first half then faded, Holmes did well when he came on.

Wasn’t really a game for Olise but would never take him off personally as he can hold the ball up and find a pass which others can’t.

Only gripe was letting Liam take another free kick. He duly passed it into the wall as he has done with every free kick he has taken for us, great though he was tonight.

Still fairly optimistic we will make the play offs. I think Barnsley are due a result dip on tonight’s evidence and we might go above them.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Apr 2021 21:18

I have a feeling that was the last game Joao ever starts for us.

Repeating myself but his head is gone and he simply has to be dropped.

It’s almost as if his family has been kidnapped and he’s been told if he scores another goal he’ll never see them again.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Apr 2021 22:13

Puscas has to start now. It's incredible that a goal scorer so prolific can fall from grace so quickly in Joaos case.
Puscas for me probably would have been better suited for this game in hindsight.
Them playing so high up needed a striker who can play off the last man.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 02 Apr 2021 22:35

Ascotexgunner Puscas has to start now. It's incredible that a goal scorer so prolific can fall from grace so quickly in Joaos case.
Puscas for me probably would have been better suited for this game in hindsight.
Them playing so high up needed a striker who can play off the last man.

As the most expensive striker in the clubs history, you can’t imagine he’d be happy at not even getting on the pitch when the guy in his place just missed the easiest sitter of the century.

What does he have to do to get a start? Fully expect him to move in the summer.

That doesn’t take away from what Joao has achieved this season, but on current form he should be dropped with Puscas given at least a few starts

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 02 Apr 2021 22:48

Well that was painful to watch.

Barnsley pressed well and are a well drilled team, but as for football they were dreadful like a league 1 side. It’s a travesty they are in the top 6 when there are far better footballing sides in the league,

They spent the entire game pushing and kicking lumps out of our team. Ref missed loads, never a penalty. Joao and meite should’ve scored. How did Joao miss, even my cat could’ve scored.

Barnsley have to rate as the worst side we’ve played this season. Funny how we scored using their hoof ball technique.

Frustrates me that sides like this are in this league that have no intention of playing football, Birmingham are another. The ref missed so many pushes it was a joke.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 02 Apr 2021 22:53

Yeh the sky commentator, wtf. No foul on rafael for their disallowed goal. Is he on drugs, he virtually pushed rafael in the net. You can’t do that, idiot biased commentator should know that.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 02 Apr 2021 22:56

Bristol Paul
Zip Surely their keeper sees red. Clear foul on Yaks before Joao fukks it up.

Thought it was as well, which made the worse miss for years even more horrible

That’s a good point. We should’ve had a penalty. Ref was useless. Defo foul on meite in the lead up to the joao miss.

391 posts