Pauno out

3542 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pauno out

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 13:54

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Those are pretty much as objective as it gets for what you were talking about. :lol:

Well it's obviously not. It would be as silly as saying a striker at a particular club has the worst shots-to-goals ratio, for example.

If Ejaria touches the ball most in a game, then there would not be a surprise if he made the most unsuccessful touches either, obviously. :o
Ejaria's 8th on passes, which is as close as I can find to touches. Pretty much middle of the pack.

So basically, you were just plain wrong.

So in other words, you found a statistic that wasn't what was being discussed and then said I was wrong, lol.

That's about as silly as not being able to find shooting statistics so you've used crossing one's instead and concluded something was wrong.

Perhaps if you actually watched our games, then maybe you would understand.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 13:59

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Well it's obviously not. It would be as silly as saying a striker at a particular club has the worst shots-to-goals ratio, for example.

If Ejaria touches the ball most in a game, then there would not be a surprise if he made the most unsuccessful touches either, obviously. :o
Ejaria's 8th on passes, which is as close as I can find to touches. Pretty much middle of the pack.

So in other words, you found a statistic that wasn't what was being discussed and then said I was wrong, lol.

That's about as silly as not being able to find shooting statistics so you've used crossing one's instead and concluded something was wrong.

I've watched pretty much every game for the last 2 - 3 years thanks. And prior to that had a ST for 3 out of the 4 previous seasons.

Don't turn into paul.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 14:01

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Ejaria's 8th on passes, which is as close as I can find to touches. Pretty much middle of the pack.

I've watched pretty much every game for the last 2 - 3 years thanks. And prior to that had a ST for 3 out of the 4 previous seasons.

Don't turn into paul.

Ok fair enough, it doesn't seem like it, that's all I'll say.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 14:49

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Ejaria is such a tough player to get the ball off and can turn defenders inside out all day long. He can be frustrating with his lack of real goal involvements for his position and sometimes sluggish pace when he has the ball and counter-attacks are on, but he retains the ball so well on his own and wins so many free kicks that he is a key player for us defensively. Without doubt one of the leagues most unique players who can be one of the very best in the league on his day or look like L1 fodder when it doesn't work.

According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.
:lol:

Only marginally ahead of John Swift on both stats.

On the other side of it, he makes twice as many key passes per game (1.2) than anyone in the squad except Swift (2.7!) and Rahman (0.8). Halilovic and TDB on 0.6, is tied for second most successful dribbles per game, and of our midfielders only Danny Drinkwater makes more successful tackles per 90.

Not sure I'd say a 15% and 13% differences are marginal

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Jan 2022 15:16

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.
:lol:

On the other side of it, he makes twice as many key passes per game (1.2) than anyone in the squad except Swift (2.7!) and Rahman (0.8). Halilovic and TDB on 0.6, is tied for second most successful dribbles per game, and of our midfielders only Danny Drinkwater makes more successful tackles per 90.

Ejaria makes 3.1 unsuccessful touches per game, Swift 2.7. Coupled with his (and Swift's) attacking stats on dribbles and passes, quite clearly you get more creative play, and those players also lose the ball more. In the context that they are far and away our most creative players (and only Lucas 'first touch' Joao comes close to the two in terms of losing possession), I think picking at the difference is a bit disingenuous.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 17:36

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
Sanguine

Ejaria makes 3.1 unsuccessful touches per game, Swift 2.7. Coupled with his (and Swift's) attacking stats on dribbles and passes, quite clearly you get more creative play, and those players also lose the ball more. In the context that they are far and away our most creative players (and only Lucas 'first touch' Joao comes close to the two in terms of losing possession), I think picking at the difference is a bit disingenuous.

Given the general numbers for that stat.. .3 or .4 isn’t actually that small though.

Anyway, moved quite some distance from Ejaria being the best player in the squad for keeping the ball. Which he clearly isn’t.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 18:34

Ejaria will attract 3 players to mark him and open space for others to shine. Oppo teams don’t overmark him at their peril.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Jan 2022 20:08

Millsy Ejaria will attract 3 players to mark him and open space for others to shine.

Then try and beat them all and lose it, instead of passing to one of the, now unmarked, players.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 20:20

CountryRoyal
Millsy Ejaria will attract 3 players to mark him and open space for others to shine.

Then try and beat them all and lose it, instead of passing to one of the, now unmarked, players.

That too !

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Jan 2022 21:11

Be ironic if another team's result gets Pauno out - Peterborough 2-0 up, Reading outside the bottom 3 on goal difference

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Jan 2022 21:43

morganb Be ironic if another team's result gets Pauno out - Peterborough 2-0 up, Reading outside the bottom 3 on goal difference

Threw it away in the last 5 minutes, sounds familiar.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2022 22:28

Millsy Ejaria will attract 3 players to mark him and open space for others to shine. Oppo teams don’t overmark him at their peril.

Lots of talent I agree but very little end product. Stops stationary far too often which fragments the attacking play and allows the oppositions defensive formation to reset.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2022 22:28

Lower West
Millsy Ejaria will attract 3 players to mark him and open space for others to shine. Oppo teams don’t overmark him at their peril.

Lots of talent I agree but very little end product. Stops stationary far too often which fragments the attacking play and allows the oppositions defensive formation to reset.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2022 22:51

Lower West

I don't disagree with the criticisms. Just saying a positive, however small, is he does have to be multi-marked.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 25 Jan 2022 23:19

I was talking to Jason Roberts at a charity event on Monday night and we were discussing the state we are in. He's had strong opinions on a lack of black managers in the game so I asked him if he's throw his name into the hat if Pauno gets the bullet. He said he'd love the opportunity.

I'd take that if he had McDermott as his number two.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2022 23:21

Millsy
Lower West

I don't disagree with the criticisms. Just saying a positive, however small, is he does have to be multi-marked.

My concern is that our owner only wants players from the bigger clubs. As if they are going to buy him instant success. So far hasn't been a policy that's reaped rewards. Need more than technical ability to succeed. Not least a mental desireand application to win. That requires hard graft as well as the fancy footwork.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2022 08:41

PATRIQT I was talking to Jason Roberts at a charity event on Monday night and we were discussing the state we are in. He's had strong opinions on a lack of black managers in the game so I asked him if he's throw his name into the hat if Pauno gets the bullet. He said he'd love the opportunity.

If we're going to hire someone under qualified to be our next failure, might as well do something positive about diversity while doing it.

Although we are the place careers come to die.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 08:56

PATRIQT I was talking to Jason Roberts at a charity event on Monday night and we were discussing the state we are in. He's had strong opinions on a lack of black managers in the game so I asked him if he's throw his name into the hat if Pauno gets the bullet. He said he'd love the opportunity.

Of course he has. :roll:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jan 2022 09:24

I wouldn't be taking Jason Roberts as our manager, but I'd have him on our coaching staff if he was sufficiently qualified, as I genuinely don't know if he is or not. I can't say I've seen him have a coaching role at any other clubs, but I could be wrong.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jan 2022 09:36

All up for Gilkesy or Legs to take over in the interim or even longterm and to give Pauno time to mow his lawn.

3542 posts