Pauno out

3542 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by Zip » 24 Jan 2022 19:00

URZZZZ
Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal I'm not looking forward to him coming back in.

I'd like to see someone watch our first goal against Huddersfield and tell me with a straight face we'd have scored it with Ejaria over on the left wing.

Maybe if you went to a game once in a while you'd see the whole pitch and how sides double up on him as he worries them. It's up to the other players to make the most of the space he creates.

How many points have we got since he's been out?

We seem to score more goals when Ejaria is absent but also concede a fair few more too. Whether that’s a coincidence is up for discussion, his defensive work is fairly impressive but he’s been non existent offensively

Would probably prefer him to TDB who seems to have taken over his role during his injury

Ejaria is very good at relieving the pressure on our defence and is missed. He wins so many free kicks in or around the halfway line.
We have not had that in the past couple of months resulting in our defence being under constant pressure.

Be good to have him back.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Jan 2022 19:16

I'd like to see someone watch our first goal against Huddersfield and tell me with a straight face we'd have scored it with Ejaria over on the left wing.

There's a shocking revelation that no one could have seen coming. :lol:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Jan 2022 19:32

So Watford sack Ranieri.. come on Dai show some ambition and sack Pauno!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2022 21:15

Orion1871

There's a shocking revelation that no one could have seen coming. :lol:

I’m almost looking forward to having him back solely to wind up Ian

He’s a good option to have. First 11? Not sure - but definitely a fit and refreshed Ejaria is a handy player to have around

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jan 2022 21:22

A 3-0 defeat with an Ejaria own goal. :lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jan 2022 21:34

Ejaria is such a tough player to get the ball off and can turn defenders inside out all day long. He can be frustrating with his lack of real goal involvements for his position and sometimes sluggish pace when he has the ball and counter-attacks are on, but he retains the ball so well on his own and wins so many free kicks that he is a key player for us defensively. Without doubt one of the leagues most unique players who can be one of the very best in the league on his day or look like L1 fodder when it doesn't work.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Jan 2022 21:38

With an almost fully fit squad in the next month we can draw conclusions if he should go or not, if he turns around our season then maybe some opinions will change.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 23:03

YorkshireRoyal99 Ejaria is such a tough player to get the ball off and can turn defenders inside out all day long. He can be frustrating with his lack of real goal involvements for his position and sometimes sluggish pace when he has the ball and counter-attacks are on, but he retains the ball so well on his own and wins so many free kicks that he is a key player for us defensively. Without doubt one of the leagues most unique players who can be one of the very best in the league on his day or look like L1 fodder when it doesn't work.

According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.
:lol:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:05

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Ejaria is such a tough player to get the ball off and can turn defenders inside out all day long. He can be frustrating with his lack of real goal involvements for his position and sometimes sluggish pace when he has the ball and counter-attacks are on, but he retains the ball so well on his own and wins so many free kicks that he is a key player for us defensively. Without doubt one of the leagues most unique players who can be one of the very best in the league on his day or look like L1 fodder when it doesn't work.

According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.

Which is all subjective anyway and just throwing numbers like that doesn't actually tell you anything either. What happens if he is dispossessed twice a game but "isn't dispossessed" twenty two times a game? Anyone can pull numbers together to suit a narrative.

As said with Southwood on another article, conceding the numbers of goals he has this month looks poor, but when you consider the team has probably faced 100+ shots in all of our games this month, his save ratio won't be massively dissimilar to most in the division I'd imagine.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Jan 2022 09:11

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Which is all subjective anyway and just throwing numbers like that doesn't actually tell you anything either. What happens if he is dispossessed twice a game but "isn't dispossessed" twenty two times a game? Anyone can pull numbers together to suit a narrative.

As said with Southwood on another article, conceding the numbers of goals he has this month looks poor, but when you consider the team has probably faced 100+ shots in all of our games this month, his save ratio won't be massively dissimilar to most in the division I'd imagine.

Exactly a player that receives the ball and turns it over quickly compared to an attacking player who runs at players with the ball?

Stats etc…

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:29

leon
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.

Exactly a player that receives the ball and turns it over quickly compared to an attacking player who runs at players with the ball?

Stats etc…

The point was that you need to put context behind a statistic.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Jan 2022 09:37

YorkshireRoyal99
leon
YorkshireRoyal99

Stats etc…

yes that was my point as well.......I was agreeing with you :|

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:51

leon
YorkshireRoyal99
leon

Stats etc…

yes that was my point as well.......I was agreeing with you :|

My apologies. :)

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Jan 2022 11:38

As the most popular thread on here at the moment...

Just heard that Jim White and Simon Jordon have promised to discuss the Reading situation on TalkSport this morning (before 1pm)

Be interesting to see what they say.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 11:40

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Those are pretty much as objective as it gets for what you were talking about. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 11:55

morganb As the most popular thread on here at the moment...

Just heard that Jim White and Simon Jordon have promised to discuss the Reading situation on TalkSport this morning (before 1pm)

Be interesting to see what they say.

it really won't be

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Jan 2022 12:23

Simon Jordan is tremendous, normally right.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 13:29

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal According to Whoscored he's the easiest of our players to get the ball off. Being dispossed twice a game and making unsuccessful touches over three times a game.

Those are pretty much as objective as it gets for what you were talking about. :lol:

Well it's obviously not. It would be as silly as saying a striker at a particular club has the worst shots-to-goals ratio, for example.

If Ejaria touches the ball most in a game, then there would not be a surprise if he made the most unsuccessful touches either, obviously. :o

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 13:42

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Well it's obviously not. It would be as silly as saying a striker at a particular club has the worst shots-to-goals ratio, for example.

If Ejaria touches the ball most in a game, then there would not be a surprise if he made the most unsuccessful touches either, obviously. :o
Ejaria's 8th on passes, which is as close as I can find to touches. Pretty much middle of the pack.

So basically, you were just plain wrong.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Jan 2022 13:49

Snowflake Royal

Only marginally ahead of John Swift on both stats.

On the other side of it, he makes twice as many key passes per game (1.2) than anyone in the squad except Swift (2.7!) and Rahman (0.8). Halilovic and TDB on 0.6, is tied for second most successful dribbles per game, and of our midfielders only Danny Drinkwater makes more successful tackles per 90.

3542 posts