Pauno out

3542 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Vision » 02 Aug 2021 09:40

Coppells Lost Coat Anyone who thinks we should be considering to replace our manager a week before the season starts is a headcase. A ball hasn't been kicked yet. Dry your pants out. It would be very nice to go more than a season before people start wanting to get a new manager.
Anyway, for perspective - We have no money so cant pay off current manager - have no money to attract a new 'proven' manager. Have no money to back new manager.
So lets play out people wet dreams then. We we sack Pauno, use what ever little cash we have to pay him off.
We then appoint a has been washed up dinosaur / young inexperienced manager because thats all we can afford. The new manager will have to work with the paper thin squad with no new replacements, because we used the cash to pay off old manager.
All the players are unsettled as its the start of the season and they have an old dinosaur / clueless young new manger leading them.

It could be argued that's exactly what we did at this stage last pre-season.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 09:45

Vision
Coppells Lost Coat Anyone who thinks we should be considering to replace our manager a week before the season starts is a headcase. A ball hasn't been kicked yet. Dry your pants out. It would be very nice to go more than a season before people start wanting to get a new manager.
Anyway, for perspective - We have no money so cant pay off current manager - have no money to attract a new 'proven' manager. Have no money to back new manager.
So lets play out people wet dreams then. We we sack Pauno, use what ever little cash we have to pay him off.
We then appoint a has been washed up dinosaur / young inexperienced manager because thats all we can afford. The new manager will have to work with the paper thin squad with no new replacements, because we used the cash to pay off old manager.
All the players are unsettled as its the start of the season and they have an old dinosaur / clueless young new manger leading them.

Beat me to it, the manger he so valiantly wants to save arrived in the exact circumstances that he’s outlined in his post :|

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 09:51

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal If I wanted to get blown by a fat prick, I wouldn't need to travel to Woodley for it.

And you had a pop at me the other day for apparently reverting to type...... Wow.

You need a bit of a break from this place, trust me it will do you good. You're snapping at everyone at the moment, even the mild mannered Zip. Just chill out, take a few days off.

Indeed, a very odd reaction. Is everything ok at home Ian?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 10:03

Brogue
Vision

Beat me to it, the manger he so valiantly wants to save arrived in the exact circumstances that he’s outlined in his post :|

So you want to sack the current manager, that in all fairness just had a decent 1st season, just a very poor end.
I am valiantly trying to keep a bit of consistency. You are just throwing your toys out of the cot after you have wet the bed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2021 10:14

Vision

Precisely. Don’t recall too many complaints about Bowen’s sacking.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Aug 2021 10:23

Coppells Lost Coat
Brogue
Vision

So you want to sack the current manager, that in all fairness just had a decent 1st season, just a very poor end.
I am valiantly trying to keep a bit of consistency. You are just throwing your toys out of the cot after you have wet the bed.

Whilst I agree with the notion that overall we had a good season, you can’t just label it as a “very poor end” given that we only accumulated 23 points from the last 20 league games (which is almost half the season)

Cherry picking I know but especially considering within that run we got 3 straight wins too - which leaves just 2 wins from the other 17

Personally feel it was the inability to convert draws into wins at the end which was our undoing - and part of that possibly down to Paunovic’s conservative nature with regards to substitutions - bringing Semedo on for Olise two games in a row (QPR and Barnsley) whilst the scores were tied for example

However, would maintain the arguments for Pauno out are rather fickle, given the constant swapping of managers hasn’t yielded much success for us in recent times

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 10:26

Coppells Lost Coat
Brogue
Vision

You must be new to football, https://sqaf.club/average-premier-leagu ... me-in-job/

"So, on average, at the start of the 2019-20 Championship, a manager lasted 374 days, which is the equivalent of 1 year, 1 week and 2 days"

Tell me, when did Pauno get the job? how long has he been in post?.... 338 days ago. A poor start to the season and that stat will have another victim.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 10:38

Brogue
Coppells Lost Coat
Brogue

You must be new to football, https://sqaf.club/average-premier-leagu ... me-in-job/

"So, on average, at the start of the 2019-20 Championship, a manager lasted 374 days, which is the equivalent of 1 year, 1 week and 2 days"

Tell me, when did Pauno get the job? how long has he been in post?.... 338 days ago. A poor start to the season and that stat will have another victim.

I am so new to football. I wasn't aware that league position wasn't important anymore. Noted, so in 36 days, who shall we replace him with, i am keen to get the jump on the other teams before they sack their manager.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 10:40

Coppells Lost Coat
Brogue
Coppells Lost Coat

I am so new to football. I wasn't aware that league position wasn't important anymore. Noted, so in 36 days, who shall we replace him with, i am keen to get the jump on the other teams before they sack their manager.

like watford sacking their manager 4 months into the season (and 4 months into his contract) whilst in 5th place... where did they finish in the end?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 10:46

Brogue
Coppells Lost Coat
Brogue

like watford sacking their manager 4 months into the season (and 4 months into his contract) whilst in 5th place... where did they finish in the end?

Are you saying we should sack the manager if we are in 5th place at Christmas?
Hopefully by December there will be a decent pool of managers to chose from by then too, good thinking.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 10:55

:lol: @us being in 5th place at christmas

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 11:34

:lol:
Here's to dreaming.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Aug 2021 11:38

Pepe the Horseman
Brogue
Snowflake Royal If I wanted to get blown by a fat prick, I wouldn't need to travel to Woodley for it.

Oh, you’ve got loads of fat blokes queuing at your door in Cambridge ready to nosh you off? In that case you crack on :?

:lol: this took an interesting turn

Well indeed. I never realised Ian was such a cock magnet.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Aug 2021 11:42

Season hasn't started yet and the team board is already tedious AF, i really might have to try to steer clear of all this bickery armchair management baloney this time around, it's just so dull

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 02 Aug 2021 11:46

Silver Fox Season hasn't started yet and the team board is already tedious AF, i really might have to try to steer clear of all this bickery armchair management baloney this time around, it's just so dull

that's a shame, you'll be missed.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Aug 2021 11:47

Silver Fox Season hasn't started yet and the team board is already tedious AF, i really might have to try to steer clear of all this bickery armchair management baloney this time around, it's just so dull

+1 just catching up with this thread. Crazy

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 11:55

SouthDownsRoyal

I am only here for the LOLs

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Aug 2021 11:56

leon
Pepe the Horseman
Brogue
Oh, you’ve got loads of fat blokes queuing at your door in Cambridge ready to nosh you off? In that case you crack on :?

:lol: this took an interesting turn

Well indeed. I never realised Ian was such a cock

Come off of it Leon, we all realised that long ago :wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2021 11:58

Coppells Lost Coat
SouthDownsRoyal

Looking for the LOLs on the TB

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Aug 2021 11:59

Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat
SouthDownsRoyal

Looking for the LOLs on the TB

Some LOLs I guess from ridiculous comments?

3542 posts