Pauno out

3542 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by Zip » 23 Oct 2021 17:08

Pauno In. I have many reservations but he is in a hopeless situation. No money to spend. An injury crisis that’s going to last the season because it isn’t going away and a points deduction.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Oct 2021 18:17

Zip Pauno In. I have many reservations but he is in a hopeless situation. No money to spend. An injury crisis that’s going to last the season because it isn’t going away and a points deduction.

Wrong thread Zip.

This the one for you. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188797&start=140

If you are undecided there is a shake it all about one.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2021 18:20

CountryRoyal
Zip Pauno In. I have many reservations but he is in a hopeless situation. No money to spend. An injury crisis that’s going to last the season because it isn’t going away and a points deduction.

Wrong thread Zip.

Whatevs CR. He does appear clueless too often but seriously these injuries would kill most teams in this division.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2021 18:22

Zip
CountryRoyal

Wrong thread Zip.

Whatevs CR. He does appear clueless too often but seriously these injuries would kill most teams in this division.

Careful Zippers, he doesn`t like people having opinions different to his.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Oct 2021 18:43

windermereROYAL
Zip
CountryRoyal
Wrong thread Zip.

Careful Zippers, he doesn`t like people having opinions different to his.

You’re the one that attacked someone first for criticising Puscas, FYI BTW HTH m9.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 19:22

Twas funny* reading some of the in-play comments here from one (maybe two) of our ‘x-perts’

Imploring Pauno to change things

....yeah, what with? :roll: & :lol:

Cabral aint no Federici :lol:

(two goals scored, for those that weren’t there 8) )

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2021 20:38

AthleticoSpizz Twas funny* reading some of the in-play comments here from one (maybe two) of our ‘x-perts’

crap=al is shit

fed retired today

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 20:41

Simmops
AthleticoSpizz Twas funny* reading some of the in-play comments here from one (maybe two) of our ‘x-perts’

crap=al is shit

fed retired today

Yeah, I know....still Readings top goalscoring goalkeeper...maybe?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2021 20:58

AthleticoSpizz
Simmops

crap=al is shit

fed retired today

Yeah, I know....still Readings top goalscoring goalkeeper...maybe?

No I am when I played for the youth teams in goal , scored 13

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 21:01

Wowee...and yet you still let-in 14

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2021 21:09

AthleticoSpizz Wowee...and yet you still let-in 14

83 that's why I got let go

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 10:06

Holmes, Osorio, Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan, Camara. Shape. Decisions.

Options were there. Action wasn't taken.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2021 10:28

Snowflake Royal

With the exception of Holmes, the jury's out on all of those on whether they're good enough for League 1, let alone the Championship

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Oct 2021 11:11

genome
Snowflake Royal

With the exception of Holmes, the jury's out on all of those on whether they're good enough for League 1, let alone the Championship

^^
This
As with leon dreading the 2 games against Fulham there are quite a few of us living down this way dreading games v Bournemouth and next week is no exception (leon has had his bonus already which was a bit of a surprise and to put an end to Bournemouth's unbeaten run would be magic however.................................................).
With a bit of luck the club will manufacture a postponement (especially as the game is on a Saturday night) and we get to play them in a re-arranged fixture next year with Joao in particular fit and firing (we can hope) and discussions about the pros and cons of Puscas consigned to history.

I am with Pauno in-an impossible situation where we have been overachieving mainly because Joao is such an integral part of how we play and with his injury coming so early on there was no chance of getting anybody as a replacement.
At our level , and in our financial predicament, there was no way that we could have direct cover for all positions and Puscas has been a great disappointment after such a promising (so long ago now) start.

Even stranded, in another topic, has lost much of his renowned optimism and with 2 tough games coming up and if we had the 6 point deduction we could well be in the bottom 3 by mid-November.
I suspect that one or two of our squad are carrying injuries but have to play-where would we be now without Swift's contribution and even he has fallen below his normal excellent standards in these last 2 games?

I do believe that the passing game is the way to play even from the back as just hoofing the ball forward for Puscas or whoever is there to chase just results in the ball coming straight back and we are under more pressure.
There are times however when clearing our lines is the sensible thing to do and regrettably (whether or not it comes from the manager) our players aren't bright enough to make the right decision of when to pass and when to clear.

I do fear relegation, partly because of the points deduction, and losing Swift in January. and once on the slippery slope (look at Ipswich, Pompey, Sunderland ,Wigan, Charlton, Sheff.Wed et al , some of whom will still be in Div 1 next season) there is no knowing how long that might last.
There has been enough upheaval with the ridiculous number of long term injuries and the manager having nothing to spend so another upheaval with those same injuries and the same lack of money available to a new manager seems a bit daft.

We just have to hope and more importantly pray that the walking wounded recover much sooner than later bearing in mind that the manager had quite a good season last time with a reasonably fit squad that even then needed adding to so, on balance, I would give him time.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Oct 2021 11:33

Where have I lost my optimism. I today said essentially that all clubs from Luton to Peterborough are simultaneously in a promotion and relegation battle due to the congested nature of the division.

A poor run will not be terminal this year whereas only an extended good run will be enough to pull away from the rest as everyone is pretty much on a level. If we had more viable options then this division makes me think we would be comfortably in the play-offs this year. As is, we could finish 5th or 20th.

Plan has to be stay in touch with the top 6 and see where we as bodies come back in the New Year. That may be tough but we are also capable of beating anyone.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Oct 2021 11:38

Stranded Where have I lost my optimism. I today said essentially that all clubs from Luton to Peterborough are simultaneously in a promotion and relegation battle due to the congested nature of the division.

A poor run will not be terminal this year whereas only an extended good run will be enough to pull away from the rest as everyone is pretty much on a level. If we had more viable options then this division makes me think we would be comfortably in the play-offs this year. As is, we could finish 5th or 20th.

Plan has to be stay in touch with the top 6 and see where we as bodies come back in the New Year. That may be tough but we are also capable of beating anyone.

"if we had more variable options" is a really big "IF" when our best player (Swift of course) is more than likely to leave in January for our financial reasons.

Apologies for thinking that your optimism had waned. :wink:
Last edited by South Coast Royal on 24 Oct 2021 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Oct 2021 11:42

genome
Snowflake Royal

And the best way to find out if a player is good enough is to leave them on the bench, even at 2-0 down with nothing to lose?

How demoralising must it be for those players to know they've had to travel to Blackburn and back just to sit on the bench.

Perhaps if one or two got on the pitch they may be able to prove one way or the other if they have what it takes.

Clarke has had his opportunities, what has he actually done with them? Surely Ehibhatiomhan deserves a chance.

It would also give a couple of the tired players a well earned rest and perhaps save them from injury.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2021 11:49

Snowflake Royal

Yep. No point in having the Academy boys on the bench when they are never brought on apart from Clarke.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2021 11:50

genome
Snowflake Royal

Sure but they will at least provide energy which was desperately lacking in the second half on Wednesday night.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 14:17

genome
Snowflake Royal

Even just Holmes offers multiple options.

Don't put them on the bench if you aren’t prepared to use them.

3542 posts