Pauno out

3542 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno out

by LUX » 02 Aug 2021 12:37

top two threads as we kick off the season are Pauno out and Relegation.

LOLZ

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 12:57

Dont you know, Hobnob is the spill over for the twitter bedwetters.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Aug 2021 13:38

Zip
Ascotexgunner Feel incredibly sorry for Paunovic. He has taken on a club that has had its hands tied financially. Not a lot he can do. Great first season and was unlucky with injuries. Clueless Clement and Gormless Gomes had money and financial backing.....Paunovic has had neither. Hope we stick with him even if we get a bad start. He deserves time and his work with the youngsters clearly is important this season. Can't think of anyone better that's available to do his job.

What banking did Bowen get? Yet you wanted him sacked.

I wanted him sacked because you could see the football was awful. He was a cheap Mark Hughes.
He did a job but there was no way he was taking us forward.

And he was from Neath. They are weird there. That's a joke btw.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Aug 2021 13:57

Ascotexgunner
Zip
Ascotexgunner Feel incredibly sorry for Paunovic. He has taken on a club that has had its hands tied financially. Not a lot he can do. Great first season and was unlucky with injuries. Clueless Clement and Gormless Gomes had money and financial backing.....Paunovic has had neither. Hope we stick with him even if we get a bad start. He deserves time and his work with the youngsters clearly is important this season. Can't think of anyone better that's available to do his job.

I wanted him sacked because you could see the football was awful. He was a cheap Mark Hughes.

Was the football awful? Our goals scored per game under Bowen was very similar to last season under Pauno.
Good point about his Neath origins tbf. Too far West for my liking.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Aug 2021 14:06

I'm actually hopeful that everything that has happened in the last 12 months will help draw a line under the years of bad feeling at the club. It just feels like the fan base has been split and there's been very little positive attitude towards the team for a long time. Constantly replacing managers does help with that as we then just argue without each other about whether it was the right thing to do.

But we've now had an enforced break from the mad stad/selecta stadium, so hopefully everyone is just excited to get back to watching live football. And the EFL restrictions gives us an excuse to blame the 'authorities' for a weaken squad rather than the owners (though ultimately it is their fault). So - we can go into the season without too much pressure, hopefully less moaning that usual and just just get back to enjoying the game. Unless we are literally in a relegation battle I really do hope that fans just make the most of the season and get off the players/manager's backs.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 14:13

Zip
Ascotexgunner
Zip

Was the football awful? Our goals scored per game under Bowen was very similar to last season under Pauno.

Bowen set up his teams well. Did his homework on the opponents. However, he did come across as a bit of a twat.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Aug 2021 17:20

Will Mr Dai sack him on his birthday? If all he looks at are the results on Ceefax for the end of last season and the start of this then Pauno's days are certainly numbered regardless of the embargo etc.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Aug 2021 17:25

morganb Will Mr Dai sack him on his birthday? If all he looks at are the results on Ceefax for the end of last season and the start of this then Pauno's days are certainly numbered regardless of the embargo etc.

Can we afford to sack him/replace him even if we wanted to?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Aug 2021 17:31

Doubt he'll go anywhere, as much as I'm not a big fan of him

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Aug 2021 17:34

Nah he won't go. Can't get rid or bring a decent manager in on what we are allowed to pay out/pay in wages.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Aug 2021 17:38

2 wins in 15 isn't good enough and whilst it's not totally his fault it's not a great record and Paunovic should rightfully be under pressure.

We've got some tough games coming up after the international break. QPR are better this season and will be a hard game, Cardiff is a tough place to go, Fulham are probably the best side in the league, Boro we've lost 8 of our last 9 to. Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose all 4 to be honest.

If we get less than 6 points vs Huddersfield and Peterborough then we may have to review whether he's the right man to manage us. He's out of contract next summer anyway so won't cost much to pay him off.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Aug 2021 17:40

I think he's earned just about enough credit from last season and the shambles behind the scenes with the EFL for me to be Pauno In for the time being. I'll give him another month or so.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Aug 2021 17:44

NathStPaul Nah he won't go. Can't get rid or bring a decent manager in on what we are allowed to pay out/pay in wages.

When did we last have a "decent" manager. Like players. Seems to be pure punts. Rather than promoting from a lower level of English football.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Aug 2021 17:48

Lower West
NathStPaul Nah he won't go. Can't get rid or bring a decent manager in on what we are allowed to pay out/pay in wages.

When did we last have a "decent" manager. Like players. Seems to be pure punts. Rather than promoting from a lower level of English football.

Thought Steve Clarke was doing an excellent job until Fulham came knocking. Good coach, we'd have done ok under him long term.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Aug 2021 17:50

genome I think he's earned just about enough credit from last season and the shambles behind the scenes with the EFL for me to be Pauno In for the time being. I'll give him another month or so.

+1 on this. Give him to the Peterborough game

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Aug 2021 17:53

Royal_jimmy
genome I think he's earned just about enough credit from last season and the shambles behind the scenes with the EFL for me to be Pauno In for the time being. I'll give him another month or so.

Not to mention losing arguably our two best players in Richards and Olise and not being able to reinforce at all.

I've got big concerns about Pauno but you can't go sacking him just yet.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Aug 2021 17:55

Coppells Lost Coat
Zip
Ascotexgunner

Bowen set up his teams well. Did his homework on the opponents. However, he did come across as a bit of a twat.

Elon Musk is a twat, No one cares though, As the product is great.

This is still the playing formation that Bowen created. Pauno appears to have no ideas of his own.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Aug 2021 18:02

Paunovic’s insistence on playing CB’s at FB is beyond me. We had Bristow (a LB) on the bench, yet he plays a RB at LB and a CB at RB? Yet another goal conceded because of the space between the centre half and the full back. His hands are tied to an extent but am tired of him choosing players in positions they don’t play in (I.e Holmes RB, Semedo CAM) etc etc. It doesn’t work

Defeat to Huddersfield Will really ramp the pressure up - a bit indifferent to whether he stays or not, feel sorry for him for the situation we’re in but he doesn’t help himself with awful tactical decisions time after time. However you brush it, 6 wins in 24 isn’t good enough

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2021 18:03

genome
Royal_jimmy

Not to mention losing arguably our two best players in Richards and Olise and not being able to reinforce at all.

I've got big concerns about Pauno but you can't go sacking him just yet.

Agreed. The big worry is we are playing poorly and looking wide open at the back. We have some very tough games coming up. Need something at Huddersfield to go into the international break with some hope. Lose that and it will all look very gloomy. I would give Pauno the first dozen games this season. If we are really struggling by then he will need to go.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Aug 2021 18:04

Since that purple patch at the start of last season when we won 7 out of 8 and even in some of those games we rode plenty of luck, his record has been bang average.

But deserves the benefit of the doubt since he's got a thin squad and we've had injuries to key players.

3542 posts