Pauno out

3542 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: Pauno out

by TiagoIlori » 14 Jan 2022 15:38

Millsy
TiagoIlori I think they’re hoping Pauno can put together a string of results that is enough to keep us up- I think that’s one of the things he’s good at. Just a shame it takes little time to work his tactics out and we become shit again very quickly.

I’ve defended him fiercely here but I honestly now think I was wrong and that’s a very dangerous strategy as my fear is he’s lost the dressing room.

I wonder if JM has given them some advice.

I can only hope the plan is to get new fitness coaches. New defence coaches, Ten more physios. New DOf. Something to support him! Perhaps this wil, be another Mad Dog moment that saved Pardew.

Can’t disagree. He should’ve been sacked months ago. This is what happens when non footballing people make footballing decisions.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jan 2022 15:39

As Pepe says in reply to that tweet, a manager leaving at the end of the season managing players who probably won't be here next season, in a relegation battle.

What could go wrong.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 15:39

tbh we just crack on, do hope we don't get any more injuries, the injured players + Yiadom and Baba return soon, and hope the obvious quality in the squad decides to show up for 6-7 games and pull us away

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 15:41

genome As Pepe says in reply to that tweet, a manager leaving at the end of the season managing players who probably won't be here next season, in a relegation battle.

What could go wrong.

they all have future careers to think of. Arguably players like Swift and Laurent - this is the defining season for them - do they end up at a decent club, or just another champ club. The likes of Yiadom, Hoilett etc are playing for one last decent contract. Holmes for a champ club etc.

Its almost more impt they perform than if they had another year in terms of their own careers and bank balances. If we go down, nobody much will really want a lot of them.

I'm not sure many players really ever play for the 'shirt' as such.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jan 2022 16:18

Millsy
TiagoIlori
I wonder if JM has given them some advice.

JM certainly has a high regard of Pauno as an individual. That does say a lot. As JM is no fool. Must gall him to see the way the club is being run. Unfair that Pauno is being left to take all the flack. Likewise Pauno must be feeling isolated and the pressure must be unbearable. Wonder at some point if he will crack in public.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2022 16:20

Hound tbh we just crack on, do hope we don't get any more injuries, the injured players + Yiadom and Baba return soon, and hope the obvious quality in the squad decides to show up for 6-7 games and pull us away

We just lost to Kidderminster. I think you are putting too much faith in this squd to win any of our remaining games. We are f*cked imo.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Jan 2022 16:21

NathStPaul
Hound tbh we just crack on, do hope we don't get any more injuries, the injured players + Yiadom and Baba return soon, and hope the obvious quality in the squad decides to show up for 6-7 games and pull us away

We just lost to Kidderminster. I think you are putting too much faith in this squd to win any of our remaining games. We are f*cked imo.

+1

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jan 2022 16:25

League 1 might be a good laugh

League 2 will be even better the following year

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 14 Jan 2022 16:36

genome League 1 might be a good laugh

League 2 will be even better the following year

We’re doing a Bolton/Pompey aren’t we

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 17:19

Brogue
NathStPaul

+1

The squad on paper is ok. Certainly not bottom 3. It’s getting them fit and playing well that’s the real issue

We did lose to kiddy but who of those would actually start if we actually had most people fit?

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 14 Jan 2022 17:33

Is anyone really surprised he is set to stay until the end of the season given our current financial situation?

No-one knows the numbers behind sacking him and his coaching staff, but you can bet it is not part of the business plan we are having to stick to.

The goal is to stay up, and despite what we have seen of late (even with Pauno in charge) I think we will stay up.

He will go at the end of the season regardless, but we might as well get used to him still being here as it doesn't look like he is going anytime soon as we don't know what the financial implications would be on the club should we sack him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 17:37

The only financial implications surely are paying up the last 5 months of his contract?

Would be employing someone else that could be problematic

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2022 17:52

Hound The only financial implications surely are paying up the last 5 months of his contract?

Would be employing someone else that could be problematic

Plus his backroom staff. Looking at a few hundred thousand I'd have thought. Looks like the owners are just going to wing it and hope for the best until May. They'll then have a look at who is available and try to convince them to manage the shower of shite that is Reading Football Club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2022 18:42

As long as we don't keep cqpitulating at the first sign of adversity I don't mind.

But if we keep folding like Fulham and not even trying like Kiddie, they'll do more damage by keeping him than sacking him could.

Other teams are going to look at our last 3 results and fancy it. Then they'll watch the videos and get raging hard ons for smashing us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2022 18:49

“Let’s all do a Blackburn
Let’s all do a Blackburn”

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Jan 2022 18:57

Pauno has said recently that talks are ongonig regarding contracts with the players they want to keep next year. How does anyone know who the new manager wants to keep until he has worked with them? Surely the new manager should be installed to at least work alongside Pauno. It seems as though there will be almost a complete clearout before next season. I sense that the owners are getting a bit fed up and losing interest in the club. Will there be new owners before then, Is there is anyone who buy a football club without a stadium, players and no assets?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2022 19:24

The Royal Forester Pauno has said recently that talks are ongonig regarding contracts with the players they want to keep next year. How does anyone know who the new manager wants to keep until he has worked with them? Surely the new manager should be installed to at least work alongside Pauno. It seems as though there will be almost a complete clearout before next season. I sense that the owners are getting a bit fed up and losing interest in the club. Will there be new owners before then, Is there is anyone who buy a football club without a stadium, players and no assets?

Given how often we swap managers, whose in charge doesn’t mean a lot for who we want from one season to the next.

And for thr most part I'd say it's pretty obvious which players we'd want to keep.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 19:44

Who’d we be left with under contract?

Ejaria, Moore, Puscas, Southwood, McIntyre, Joao, Meite I believe

That and otherwise a clean slate actually ain’t a bad starting point. Pretty sure there’d be plenty happy to take over with that

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Jan 2022 19:49

Hound Who’d we be left with under contract?

Ejaria, Moore, Puscas, Southwood, McIntyre, Joao, Meite I believe

That and otherwise a clean slate actually ain’t a bad starting point. Pretty sure there’d be plenty happy to take over with that

If you could be sure of their fitness then yes that is not a bad starting point.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jan 2022 19:49

Right - time to give the guy a chance and get behind the club. He's realistically had no chance in 18 months.

Joao, Morrison and McIntyre (likely next week from the ITK's on Twitter) is a major boost.

I take it all the ppl who want him gone have listened to Conte (blaming defeat on 3 key players out the other night), Klopp, Arteta, Dean Smith this week who all have far less players out than us.

And before everyone blames training too hard/medical team etc etc Joao and Morrison are back ahead of schedule

3542 posts