Pauno out

3542 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by Hound » 24 Oct 2021 15:17

Snowflake Royal
genome
Snowflake Royal Holmes, Osorio, Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan, Camara. Shape. Decisions.

Options were there. Action wasn't taken.

With the exception of Holmes, the jury's out on all of those on whether they're good enough for League 1, let alone the Championship

Even just Holmes offers multiple options.

Don't put them on the bench if you aren’t prepared to use them.

errr who else do we put on the bench then?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2021 17:49

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Twas funny* reading some of the in-play comments here from one (maybe two) of our ‘x-perts’

Imploring Pauno to change things

....yeah, what with? :roll: & :lol:

Cabral aint no Federici :lol:

(two goals scored, for those that weren’t there 8) )

Holmes, Osorio, Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan, Camara. Shape. Decisions.

who?

Yeah, ok Holmes

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Oct 2021 18:24

Zip
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Twas funny* reading some of the in-play comments here from one (maybe two) of our ‘x-perts’

Imploring Pauno to change things

....yeah, what with? :roll: & :lol:

Cabral aint no Federici :lol:

(two goals scored, for those that weren’t there 8) )

Holmes, Osorio, Clarke, Ehibhatiomhan, Camara. Shape. Decisions.

Yep. No point in having the Academy boys on the bench when they are never brought on apart from Clarke.

Because they are all shit

Ian is clueless :lol:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2021 18:29

With one or two exceptions to his listing....was kind’ve leaning to the ‘not good enough’ theory tbf.

But yeah, give them a go.....careers potentially finished before they even begin :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 18:36

Hound
Snowflake Royal
genome
With the exception of Holmes, the jury's out on all of those on whether they're good enough for League 1, let alone the Championship

Even just Holmes offers multiple options.

Don't put them on the bench if you aren’t prepared to use them.

errr who else do we put on the bench then?

No one and stop wasting their time. :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 18:38

AthleticoSpizz With one or two exceptions to his listing....was kind’ve leaning to the ‘not good enough’ theory tbf.

But yeah, give them a go.....careers potentially finished before they even begin :roll:

Clarke and Bristow's careers already over are they? I mean they haven't really impressed a great deal.

Oh. Wait, no. They aren’t. :roll:

How's Holmes career? He got exposed quite early and really before he was ready. Fine you say? Rinomhota's? Yep, fine. Richards? Bayern Who?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2021 18:41

First class travel

Mixing with the ‘big guns’

Best seat in the house

Excitement

Paid£

Where is there any damage done?

Cannot seemany of them complaining

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2021 18:42

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz With one or two exceptions to his listing....was kind’ve leaning to the ‘not good enough’ theory tbf.

Clarke and Bristow's careers already over are they? I mean they haven't really impressed a great deal.

Oh. Wait, no. They aren’t. :roll:

How's Holmes career? He got exposed quite early and really before he was ready. Fine you say? Rinomhota's? Yep, fine. Richards? Bayern Who?
One or two exceptions as stated Ian....calm down...you’ve made your point wow

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 18:45

Can you name me 3 reading players who had their career ruined by being given a first team chance before they were ready?

I can't really think of anyone.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2021 19:03

We won’t know if they can cope unless they are given a chance. If you were at the Blackpool game you will have seen a virtually static Drinkwater giving the ball away regularly and barely moving in the second half. He was shot. Give me a fresh Academy boy every time to come on instead and give the team some much needed energy.

If they aren’t good enough then cut the pretence and just name three subs instead of seven.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Oct 2021 19:19

Fair comment I guess

But then, being sat on the bench is better than not being sat on the bench....Pauno doesn't rate them yet..

Just endemic of our squad deficiencies right now

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2021 19:24

AthleticoSpizz Fair comment I guess

But then, being sat on the bench is better than not being sat on the bench....Pauno doesn't rate them yet..

Just endemic of our squad deficiencies right now

Yeah I get that but dear God it’s been rare to see the team look as shot as Wednesday evening. Anyone coming on would have been an improvement. Blackpool were running rings around us. It was painful to watch which is saying something from someone who has seen so many hammering over the years.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Oct 2021 19:56

Snowflake Royal Can you name me 3 reading players who had their career ruined by being given a first team chance before they were ready?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darren Campbell
Peter Castle
Danny Loader
Aaron Kuhl

Have you ever heard of them?
Last edited by Simmops on 24 Oct 2021 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2021 20:55

Snowflake Royal Can you name me 3 reading players who had their career ruined by being given a first team chance before they were ready?

Kuhl perhaps?

There’s so many variables though it’s impossible to really narrow it down with any conviction.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2021 22:38

CountryRoyal

Kuhl perhaps?

There’s so many variables though it’s impossible to really narrow it down with any conviction.

Maybe. He kinda made it - performed well when he came in. Then crashed after, especially when we switched to Clarke. I'd take that from one of our current benchwarmers.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Oct 2021 07:39

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

Kuhl perhaps?

Maybe. He kinda made it - performed well when he came in. Then crashed after, especially when we switched to Clarke. I'd take that from one of our current benchwarmers.

He never made it at all

Scott Davies aswell is another

It doesn't hurt to admit you are wrong for once Ian

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2021 08:29

Zip

We won’t know if they can cope unless they are given a chance. If you were at the Blackpool game you will have seen a virtually static Drinkwater giving the ball away regularly and barely moving in the second half. He was shot. Give me a fresh Academy boy every time to come on instead and give the team some much needed energy.

If they aren’t good enough then cut the pretence and just name three subs instead of seven.

They are there in case they absolutely have to be brought on. ie if someone is injured. Other than that I think its pretty certain they aren't ready. Stickland for example did come on in that situation earlier in the season if memory serves me right.

Most of these lads are U18, not even U23. If it was players like Pendlebury, East, Watson, Smith - ie been around the setup for a long time and had a bit of experience they'd be thrown on I'm sure. But other than that I'm sure we've never had any intention of these boys playing anything other than U23 for the season.

Its not like it'd ruin their careers if they came on for 20m against Blackpool or Blackburn, but likewise very much doubt it'd do anyone much good either when they are so inexperienced.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2021 08:33

Simmops
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Kuhl perhaps?

He never made it at all

Davies was much more to do with his well documented gambling issues than getting a chance too early. Campbell did his cruciate a few months after his only sub appearance and never recovered enough to play professionally again. Castle played 11 mins of the same Campbell did (also as sub) so pushing it a little bit to say that ruined his career - his really rather shocking spells on loan in non-league did that.

Nicholas Bignall may be an option but I don't think getting a chance harms players more getting into the squad, being involved sparingly and then disappearing back to the youth i.e. it is almost better to be on the bench and not get on that get 10 mins here, 5 there before being stuck away from the squad once injuries clear up.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Oct 2021 08:57

Stranded
Simmops
Snowflake Royal Maybe. He kinda made it - performed well when he came in. Then crashed after, especially when we switched to Clarke. I'd take that from one of our current benchwarmers.

He never made it at all

Davies was much more to do with his well documented gambling issues than getting a chance too early. Campbell did his cruciate a few months after his only sub appearance and never recovered enough to play professionally again. Castle played 11 mins of the same Campbell did (also as sub) so pushing it a little bit to say that ruined his career - his really rather shocking spells on loan in non-league did that.

Nicholas Bignall may be an option but I don't think getting a chance harms players more getting into the squad, being involved sparingly and then disappearing back to the youth i.e. it is almost better to be on the bench and not get on that get 10 mins here, 5 there before being stuck away from the squad once injuries clear up.

thanks for proving my point

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2021 09:31

Simmops
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Kuhl perhaps?

He never made it at all

Do oxf*rd off

3542 posts