Pauno In! Appreciation Thread

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pauno In! Appreciation Thread

by SCIAG » 08 Jul 2021 13:48

I’m pro-Paunovic but a long contract seems naive. We’ll definitely have a bad spell in the next two years and the chances are the owners will sack him during it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2021 13:49

SCIAG I’m pro-Paunovic but a long contract seems naive. We’ll definitely have a bad spell in the next two years and the chances are the owners will sack him during it.

He's got a year left, so I feel like a 2 year extension would be the smart move. Anything more and it is a bit risky.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2021 21:07

He still has a year left. I would see how things go for the first part of this season before any contract extension.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2021 07:55

Just give him a deal that means if he finishes above 13th he gets an auto year extension.

Forget long deals, they're worth nothing but a crippling financial commitment if things go wrong, for managers. Just make him feel welcome and that his job is secure as long as he performs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jul 2021 09:02

Happy if they plan to extend - I think an additional 2 years to the 1 he has left makes sense perhaps with built in break clauses etc.

There is enough whinging already about players walking away or leaving on the cheap as we haven't sorted contracts so find it a bit at odds not to want to get the manager who was a key part of last years improvement tied down to as if we don't and we are successful again this coming season, then he will be able to walk and we will get little to no compensation for him either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2021 18:50

Stranded Happy if they plan to extend - I think an additional 2 years to the 1 he has left makes sense perhaps with built in break clauses etc.

There is enough whinging already about players walking away or leaving on the cheap as we haven't sorted contracts so find it a bit at odds not to want to get the manager who was a key part of last years improvement tied down to as if we don't and we are successful again this coming season, then he will be able to walk and we will get little to no compensation for him either.

We haven't had a manager finish two consecutive seasons in about a decade. There's no way Pauno is doing four.

Either he's successful and gets poached before season three is done, or he's not and he's given the old heave ho before season three is up, possibly by November this year.

Manager contracts are pretty different to players. We're not going to get much, if any, cash if he's poached even with years left on his contract. Whereas if he's sacked with years on his contract he's just a big financial liability.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Aug 2021 11:51

Pauno in

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Aug 2021 16:05

would be nice