MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

190 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Zip » 05 May 2021 14:31

The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester Why? He may not be here next year, he is out of contract isn't he? Why not play a 'keeper who will be here next season. Perhaps start with Rafeal, to give him 46 starts this season. then bring on the Icelandic lad at half time/ All explained to Rafa before the start, of course. Has anyone seen a goalkeeper subbed on performance? The only keepers I have seen subbed are because of injury.

To help judge how he does, what contract we might offer and put him in the window if we don't want to offer one.

What do we have to learn about Cabral at this point? Nothing.

Who's to say Southwood will accept and sign a new contract (if we offered one)? He may well be looking to his future and wanting first team games elsewhere, even in a lower division.

Well we don’t know do we? However we know what Rafael can and cannot do so now there isn’t much riding on the game let’s take a look at Southwood.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 May 2021 14:33

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal To help judge how he does, what contract we might offer and put him in the window if we don't want to offer one.

What do we have to learn about Cabral at this point? Nothing.

Who's to say Southwood will accept and sign a new contract (if we offered one)? He may well be looking to his future and wanting first team games elsewhere, even in a lower division.

Who is to say anything then?

Might as well not play anyone as they may want to leave in the summer. Just cede the game. 8)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 May 2021 16:28

Zip
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester Who's to say Southwood will accept and sign a new contract (if we offered one)? He may well be looking to his future and wanting first team games elsewhere, even in a lower division.

Who is to say anything then?

Might as well not play anyone as they may want to leave in the summer. Just cede the game. 8)

If this happens will we be charged £10 by iFollow to stare
at a screen saying "Game cancelled"?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2021 18:55

Got a refund for Norwich. 8)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 May 2021 08:59

Southwood; Yiadom, Holmes, Dorsett, Richards; Laurent, Tetek; Meite, Swift, Olise; Joao

Subs: Boyce-Clarke, Gibson, Samuels, Esteves, Semedo, Maunder, Camara, Ejaria, Puscas

Would rather not have the loanees on the bench but don’t see much alternative. Could have Watson ahead of Esteves but is there any point?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 May 2021 09:06

Reckon we'll see both Baldock and Aluko get a few minutes seeing as it is their last game for the club.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 May 2021 09:27

morganb Reckon we'll see both Baldock and Aluko get a few minutes seeing as it is their last game for the club.

What exactly would be the benefit of that? They're getting released and it's a dead rubber and there's no fans to cheer them off even if they would, which they wouldn't.

There is zero gains from playing Aluko or Baldock, they might make the bench like they did against Norwich but I can't see them being used.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 May 2021 10:07

Just a thought, maybe Semedo is a curse, was with Forest last season and a promising season ultimately faltered away into a 7th place finish.

Bit of deja vu this season.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 May 2021 10:52

Moore and Rino both fit apparently so can see it being a strong line up.

70 points is a nice marker and 7th place to play for

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 May 2021 11:00

tidus_mi2 Just a thought, maybe Semedo is a curse, was with Forest last season and a promising season ultimately faltered away into a 7th place finish.

Bit of deja vu this season.

Could we maybe burn him at the stake at HT when losing 0-1?

Then win 10-1 and hear that Barnsley have been docked 9 points for administrative errors when signing that American bloke?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 May 2021 11:01

Mid Sussex Royal Moore and Rino both fit apparently so can see it being a strong line up.

70 points is a nice marker and 7th place to play for

Need a win and 72 Points to be sure (if Cardiff win)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 May 2021 11:54

morganb Reckon we'll see both Baldock and Aluko get a few minutes seeing as it is their last game for the club.

I doubt it - usually for good servants to the club/extremes like O’Shea a couple of years back. Both were part of a bad chapter

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 06 May 2021 13:35

Dont see the point with sticking with players who are not committed to next season - IF Aluko and Baldock signed new (highly reduced) deals then fine.
Give the youngsters a chance. We / they will gain more out of it than the experienced pro's. Southwood, Tetek, Dorsett, Onen to get game time would be a great gesture if anything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2021 13:42

Only given the bench has loads of space and if they're the best option for the situation.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 May 2021 22:56

Southwood
Yiadom Holmes Moore Bristow
Tetek Swift
Meite Ejaria Onen
Puscas

A little experimental, but we need to get eyes on Southwood, a left back and left midfield options for next season. I would push Ejaria into attacking midfield as i feel this is his best position in the long term.
Just enough to beat Huddersfield, however this aint gonna happen as Pauno needs a win, and i think he may well be gone if he loses this one.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 07 May 2021 00:34

I keep reading the comment about playing Southwood or other youngsters because we need to see them . The point is that Paunovic is the manager and he has been seeing them every day of the week , WE don’t need to see them , our opinions of players are not the significant factor .
Anyway , I would go for the points .

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 May 2021 01:19

I hope so they have been loyal servents to the club worth every penny ok the 12 million we paid them.
They can now oxf*rd off and enjoy the money they robbed from us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2021 07:28

Once upon a time . I keep reading the comment about playing Southwood or other youngsters because we need to see them . The point is that Paunovic is the manager and he has been seeing them every day of the week , WE don’t need to see them , our opinions of players are not the significant factor .

Training, Unders and matchday are not the same thing. This is a perfect opportunity to test how they do in the first team at Championship level.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 May 2021 08:29

Snowflake Royal
Once upon a time . I keep reading the comment about playing Southwood or other youngsters because we need to see them . The point is that Paunovic is the manager and he has been seeing them every day of the week , WE don’t need to see them , our opinions of players are not the significant factor .

Training, Unders and matchday are not the same thing. This is a perfect opportunity to test how they do in the first team at Championship level.

Exactly. Players have got to make the step up at some point why not against Hudders? Its not like we are going to field the under 18's. The players suggested should be wanting to be in and around the matchday squad next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2021 08:45

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal

Exactly. Players have got to make the step up at some point why not against Hudders? Its not like we are going to field the under 18's. The players suggested should be wanting to be in and around the matchday squad next season.

yeah but its hardly a typical match is it? Dead rubber for both sides at the end of a mega long season. Its basically a pre season friendly

I'd like to see a few of them personally, but can fully understand him not doing so

190 posts