5%
Brentford
53%
Swansea
9%

Total votes: 77
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who do you WANT to win the play-offs?

by Mr Optimist » 10 May 2021 19:16

Zip I really really don’t want Barnsley going up. At least the other three play football rather than focusing on stopping the opposition play.

A bit harsh on the team of the (19)20s. Football went down the pan the day your centre forward can no longer use his arse to bundle the opposition’s goalkeeper over at corners.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 10 May 2021 22:08

Go Bees for me. Deserved it last season. Can laugh at Fulham on the way past.

I couldn’t bear to watch Swansea Bmuff final.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 May 2021 00:43

Zip I really really don’t want Barnsley going up. At least the other three play football rather than focusing on stopping the opposition play.

Play football?

I didn’t know there was a right and wrong way of playing

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 11 May 2021 06:22

Brentford, just because they are a better looking team than Swansea, Barnsley and B’mouth.
Would like Toney to tear up the Prem a little like Doyle and Lita did for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 May 2021 08:15

URZZZZ

Play football?

They are a spoiling team based on high work rate to close down the opposition. Good luck to them and all but they are not a team I want to watch.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 May 2021 10:53

Zip
URZZZZ

Play football?

They are a spoiling team based on high work rate to close down the opposition. Good luck to them and all but they are not a team I want to watch.

Agree with these comments on Barnsley; they are awful to watch. I don't think if in the unlikely chance they win the playoffs they would be a good advertisement of the championship and could rival Derby's record low points score, actually think they will struggle in the championship next term.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 May 2021 11:30

Another vote for Brentford. The semi-finals are a bit odd as it is the two stronger teams against the two weaker teams. On paper/reputation you'd expect the winner of Brentford v Bournemouth to be promoted but both Swansea and Barnsley finished higher than Bournemouth.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 May 2021 11:33

Who do people see coming up from League One?

Oxford United
Blackpool
Lincoln City
Sunderland

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2021 11:33

Lincoln
Oxford
Blackpool
Sunderland

In that order of preference.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 May 2021 11:59

Zip
URZZZZ

Play football?

Each to their own I guess but prefer their style to Swansea's - their fans deeply unimpressed with Cooper even after a top 6 finish

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 May 2021 12:17

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ
Play football?

Each to their own I guess but prefer their style to Swansea's - their fans deeply unimpressed with Cooper even after a top 6 finish

No problem with their style. Love a high energy combative side.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 May 2021 13:13

Swansea, although it’s South Wales, out of Welsh solidarity. It would also massively piss off the Cardiff centric Welsh media.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 11 May 2021 13:29

Brentford or Barnsley - it'll be a shame if Brentford don't make it to the Premiership and you can't see the last few years of being able to replace their best players and keeping a decent team carrying on forever. Barnsley have been great this season, far exceeding the sum of their parts.

Did Bournemouth give Woodgate the job until the end of the season? Would be funny if he got them promoted as they'd have a difficult choice to make. Would be harsh not to give him the job fulltime but would pretty much guarantee they'd get relegated if they did.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 May 2021 14:02

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Zip

Yep - there seems to be a general acceptance nowadays of a uniform style of playing football and disregarding anything else

"Building from the back" is perfectly plausible but what keeps the game more interesting is variety

Our most successful sides have been geared more closely to how Barnsley play and not this current interpretation of "modern football". Jem, for example was a great player for us - but think he'd badly struggle in the higher leagues now with how the game has generally evolved

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 May 2021 14:08

Brentford

great team, would love to see them in the PL

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 May 2021 14:09

morganb Who do people see coming up from League One?

Oxford United
Blackpool
Lincoln City
Sunderland

Lincoln

FGR

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 May 2021 17:43

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Yep - there seems to be a general acceptance nowadays of a uniform style of playing football and disregarding anything else

"Building from the back" is perfectly plausible but what keeps the game more interesting is variety

Our most successful sides have been geared more closely to how Barnsley play and not this current interpretation of "modern football". Jem, for example was a great player for us - but think he'd badly struggle in the higher leagues now with how the game has generally evolved

Find it a bit amusing that people who loved McDermott's side don't like Barnsley. His midfield was the epitome of high energy spoiling in midfield. Jem was basically a terrier crossed with the energiser bunny.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 May 2021 09:23

Swansea, they are the best team

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 May 2021 10:19

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal No problem with their style. Love a high energy combative side.

Find it a bit amusing that people who loved McDermott's side don't like Barnsley. His midfield was the epitome of high energy spoiling in midfield. Jem was basically a terrier crossed with the energiser bunny.

I didn’t love McDermott’s team but I loved what they achieved. It was all about the W

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 12 May 2021 11:11

Bournemouth 100% Get them out of here. Swansea and Barnsley to be rubbish next year, Brentford good local opposition and away day (not that it matters for me personally obvs)