Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by Royality creeps In » 24 Jan 2022 21:40

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
YorkshireRoyal99 Delighted to see Meite back for the U23's tonight, I didn't expect to see him in contention for a competitive fixture this soon. Hopefully we don't rush him back, manage him well and potentially by late Feb we can have him back and fully fit, that would be massive for us.

Why that long?

If he can do u23 tonight he’ll be good for a couple of weeks time

I'd imagine they'd want to manage it correctly and with him being out for a significant period of time and given the fact that so many players have suffered set backs during this season, we will hardly want Meite suffering some sort of set back for the remainder of the season as it could finish his season, so I imagine the club will take precautions, we've seen what has happened with Araruna's knee injuries.

LOL This is Reading FC Injury department

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jan 2022 21:40

Stranded
Zip
Stranded They seem to have got Joao, Rinohmota, Morrison's returns spot on so far.

Looking good with McIntyre too, they fo actually seem to be handling long term returns pretty well, so fairly confident on Meite's return. Araruna being the horrible exception but that may just be down to his body.

Now if we can just stop people getting injured in the first place.

It’s very early to be saying this. If they are still fit a month from now I will agree but it’s early days

True but would naturally depend on any new injury that kept them out. A reoccurrence of the old injury, yep fair enough. A new, unrelated knock, not so much.

Yep I’m talking about recurring injuries here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 23:13

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
YorkshireRoyal99 Delighted to see Meite back for the U23's tonight, I didn't expect to see him in contention for a competitive fixture this soon. Hopefully we don't rush him back, manage him well and potentially by late Feb we can have him back and fully fit, that would be massive for us.

Why that long?

I'd imagine they'd want to manage it correctly and with him being out for a significant period of time and given the fact that so many players have suffered set backs during this season, we will hardly want Meite suffering some sort of set back for the remainder of the season as it could finish his season, so I imagine the club will take precautions, we've seen what has happened with Araruna's knee injuries.

Didn't Araruna land awkwardly and dislocate it? And is that the same problem as before? Knee yes, but actual issue, I didn't think so. I'm as happy to smash the medical team as the next man, but that doesn't seem to be very related.

If Meite is ok to play in the U23s, there's no way we should hold off for another month for the first team. If it's that tentative he shouldn't be doing 45 minutes in the U23s.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 08:06

SCIAG
paultheroyal As previously commented I think we need to forget meite for this season, that injury is 9-12 months and then won’t be same player…

Wrong in the summer and wrong yesterday.

This must be the comment from Ian worthy of an apology. What an utter wet wipe.

Absolutely brilliant he is back. I am shocked, worried it’s too soon, but of course I don’t know his body.

Well done meite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2022 08:40

paultheroyal
SCIAG
paultheroyal
Rubbish - and that is from my own experience. 9 months is the target date for any sort of return - impact and full fitness, but for a professional footballer he needs to get fully fit. He wont play in 21/22 season.

OK, I’ll email Dr Walden and tell him that the players he studied never actually existed and that everyone who gets an ACL injury will be out for at least nine months because that’s how long it took one random bloke.

The fact is that professional footballers are typically back in competition in much less than 9 months.

Come back to me at Christmas to tell me i was wrong then, i will be waiting.

This one Paul.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:02

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
Why that long?

Didn't Araruna land awkwardly and dislocate it? And is that the same problem as before? Knee yes, but actual issue, I didn't think so. I'm as happy to smash the medical team as the next man, but that doesn't seem to be very related.

If Meite is ok to play in the U23s, there's no way we should hold off for another month for the first team. If it's that tentative he shouldn't be doing 45 minutes in the U23s.

I don't think I ever said it was the same problem as before but the fact that it isn't would actually be more reason to make sure you're cautious with knee injuries as you can become more susceptible to other knee injuries because the knee is actually "weaker", especially after surgery, obviously depending on the type of injury a player has sustained.

They might not wait a month and I agree to an extent that a month may be excessive but they'd be best advised to take care with this. I don't doubt it probably will take less than a month to get him back playing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited that long for him. It's not like we have to rush him back either as other players in his area are returning to fitness as well.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 09:07

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
SCIAG OK, I’ll email Dr Walden and tell him that the players he studied never actually existed and that everyone who gets an ACL injury will be out for at least nine months because that’s how long it took one random bloke.

The fact is that professional footballers are typically back in competition in much less than 9 months.

Come back to me at Christmas to tell me i was wrong then, i will be waiting.

This one Paul.

Well, we are approaching February, so unless religious activities and dates have changed....

Either way, i was not expecting him back till next season, its an incredible recovery, lets hope its not too soon.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jan 2022 09:21

paultheroyal of course I don’t know his body.

Sure.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 09:23

So - as we are edging to a fully fit squad...

What is everyone's chosen team to get us these 6/7 wins for safety - i will go first....

. Southwood

. Yiadom Dann Morrison Baba

. Rhinomota Bashiru

. Meite Swift

. Joao Puscas

Subs
Hein
Holmes
Mcintyre
Laurent
Halliovic
Ejaria
Azeez

Out of matchday
Moore
Hoilett
Clarke
Tetek
Bristow
Ashcroft

Thats looking alot better right?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 09:29

Swap Laurent for TDB and Hoilett for maybe Holmes, and yes something like that.

Depends on form etc as well of course.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:33

My preferred team would be:

Hein
Yiadom Holmes Morrison Rahman
Laurent
Rino TDB
Swift
Puscas Joao

Subs: Southwood, McIntyre, Dann, Hoilett, Drinkwater, Ejaria, Meite.

That's once everyone is fit anyway. Obviously plenty of room for rotation with players like Moore and Halilovic missing out on a squad place and you could argue Dann for Holmes as well, just a matter of personal opinion really. Any new signings between now and next Monday would need to be taken into account.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 09:36

YorkshireRoyal99 My preferred team would be:

Hein
Laurent
Rino TDB
Swift
Puscas Joao

That's once everyone is fit anyway. Obviously plenty of room for rotation with players like Moore and Halilovic missing out on a squad place and you could argue Dann for Holmes as well, just a matter of personal opinion really. Any new signings between now and next Monday would need to be taken into account.

Put an Andy Carroll in there with Warnock in charge and that will give you your 6 or 7 wins in a blink of an eye :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jan 2022 09:37

Hound Swap Laurent for TDB and Hoilett for maybe Holmes, and yes something like that.

Depends on form etc as well of course.

Yep. I would certainly want Hoilett in the squad but brought on as a winger.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Jan 2022 09:40

Hein
Laurent
Rino TDB
Swift
Puscas Joao

You watched many Arsenal U23 games?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 25 Jan 2022 09:50

Pepe the Horseman

Hein
Laurent
Rino TDB
Swift
Puscas Joao

You watched many Arsenal U23 games?

Based on the rumours that Arsenal would only send Hein here for game time, I'd be expecting him to start.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Jan 2022 11:59

Meite got 45 minutes for the U23s yesterday. Probably still a month off the 1st team given the seriousness of the injury, but still a remarkably quick recovery.

If the squad can stay fit, I feel we should have enough to survive, though it won't be comfortable

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Jan 2022 12:36

Date of post: 2 July 2021

paultheroyal
SCIAG
paultheroyal ACL - minimum 9 months - he’s out for season. FFS.

That's incorrect. Average downtime after reconstruction is 6.5 months out of training and 7.4 months out of competition. The best case scenario (and this is very unlikely) is three months out of training and another two weeks to regain match fitness, in which case he could be back playing in mid-October. I would say that the chances of Meite playing before the New Year are about the same as the chances of the injury ending his career, although there is a very high chance the quality of his play will be affected. It is entirely reasonable to expect him to be playing in February or March, though of course it is by no means guaranteed.

Source: https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/50/12/744.long

Rubbish - and that is from my own experience. 9 months is the target date for any sort of return - impact and full fitness, but for a professional footballer he needs to get fully fit. He wont play in 21/22 season.

I said a typical injury would be 6.5 months out of training. 6.5 months later, he is playing for the u23s.

You said that was rubbish and it would be 9 months minimum. Elsewhere you said he would miss the whole season.

At no point did I or anyone else say “he will definitely be back before the New Year”, merely that it was about as likely as it ending his career.

No, it isn’t an incredible recovery, it’s only marginally ahead of average. I knew that because I looked at the data. You dismissed it out of hand.

I know that I’m perhaps revelling in this more than I should do, but frankly it is pretty rare to make a verifiable prediction about the future where someone is so confident in their wrongness without it being lost to the internet memory hole. In particular, I think you calling it “rubbish” was arrogant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jan 2022 12:39

Sciag nailed that one tbf

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Jan 2022 12:41

Yeah don't double down, Paul. Got to take that one on the chin.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jan 2022 12:53

Let’s see if there was no adverse reaction first. I for one am absolutely delighted meite is showing a fast recovery. Rubbish comment was based on my own experience. That’s not been arrogant.

But yep, you were correct and happy to take that one on the chin.

948 posts