If it started tomorrow.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

If it started tomorrow.

by Westwood52 » 19 Jul 2021 16:43

If it were all to kick off tomorrow; without any new loan players coming in,how would we line up,given we have lost three of last seasons best players and guaranteed starters.

I am guessing 4-2-2-2;with one of the players that remain ,namely Ejaria being flexible enough to turn it into my favourite formation of 4-3-3.However 4-2-2-2,maybe the best plan,given neither Joao or Puskas play wide.That would then leave the onus on the FBs to provide width.Here we go,and it’s very predictable.

Rafa
Yids. Morrison. Moore (?). McIntyre
Laurent. Rino
Swift. Ejaria
Joao. Puskas

That would then leave a very “thin “ bench,but as a starting eleven has a lot going for it.Personally I think Velcro will move heaven and earth to get a left back on loan;otherwise we will be left very exposed.I suppose as a “sticking plaster” solution;Holmes could go back to right back,and Yids moves over to left back.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: If it started tomorrow.

by Hound » 19 Jul 2021 16:49

suppose we'll get an idea against West Ham won't we?

But yeah does highlight that we definitely need some width to come in. We're quite strong through the core, but next to nothing on the flanks

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2021 17:07

Westwood52 If it were all to kick off tomorrow; without any new loan players coming in,how would we line up,given we have lost three of last seasons best players and guaranteed starters.

I am guessing 4-2-2-2;with one of the players that remain ,namely Ejaria being flexible enough to turn it into my favourite formation of 4-3-3.However 4-2-2-2,maybe the best plan,given neither Joao or Puskas play wide.That would then leave the onus on the FBs to provide width.Here we go,and it’s very predictable.

Rafa
Laurent. Rino
Swift. Ejaria
Joao. Puskas

That would then leave a very “thin “ bench,but as a starting eleven has a lot going for it.Personally I think Velcro will move heaven and earth to get a left back on loan;otherwise we will be left very exposed.I suppose as a “sticking plaster” solution;Holmes could go back to right back,and Yids moves over to left back.

Who is Puskas? And why haven't you considered Puscas?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2021 17:10

Cabral
Holmes, Morrison, Moore, McIntyre
Rinomhota, Laurent
Yiadom, Swift, Ejaria
Joao.

Southwood, Puscas, Bristow/Samuel's, Dorsett, Tetek, Camara, Melvin-Lambert
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 19 Jul 2021 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2021 17:53

Snowflake Royal Cabral
Rinomhota, Laurent
Yiadom, Swift, Ejaria
Joao.

Southwood, Puscas, Bristow/Samuel's, Dorsett, Tetek, Camera, Melvin-Lambert

Camera? Why didn’t you consider Camara?

But otherwise yes that pretty much

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2021 19:09

Hound
Snowflake Royal Cabral
Rinomhota, Laurent
Yiadom, Swift, Ejaria
Joao.

Southwood, Puscas, Bristow/Samuel's, Dorsett, Tetek, Camera, Melvin-Lambert

Camera? Why didn’t you consider Camara?

But otherwise yes that pretty much

Apologies, typo. Fat hot fingers on new phone. In fact, that's almost certainly shitty autocorrect.

I make an effort to show the players a modicum of respect, unlike Westwood.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Jul 2021 21:47

Who are the three of our best players we have lost?

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 19 Jul 2021 22:22

I guess it’s Olise,Richards and Meite with a long term injury. Squad is worryingly thin at the moment couple of injuries to the likes of Joao and Swift and we really are batting uphill.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jul 2021 22:22

LUX Who are the three of our best players we have lost?

Olise, Richards and Meite albeit he may play a small part this season.
Prefer Westwood’s team to Ian’s.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2021 22:52

Zip

No width at all. Bleurgh.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Jul 2021 22:59

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Width is a real problem. The problem with your wide options is that Yiadom can’t cross for toffee and Ovie does too much and the move breaks down. We need out and out wingers.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jul 2021 23:04

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Width is a real problem. The problem with your wide options is that Yiadom can’t cross for toffee and Ovie does too much and the move breaks down. We need out and out wingers.

We did alright without wingers last season.

I find it curious you lambast my option for having no out and out wingers, then prefer an option with even less width that includes both the players you've just criticised.

Yids may not be great at crossing, but at least he's got some pace and will drive forward.

We need wingers dammit! So let's play with no width!! :lol: It's nonsensical.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 19 Jul 2021 23:10

Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 If it were all to kick off tomorrow; without any new loan players coming in,how would we line up,given we have lost three of last seasons best players and guaranteed starters.

Rafa
Laurent. Rino
Swift. Ejaria
Joao. Puskas

Who is Puskas? And why haven't you considered Puscas?

Wishful thinking.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2021 08:26

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal No width at all. Bleurgh.

We did alright without wingers last season.

I find it curious you lambast my option for having no out and out wingers, then prefer an option with even less width that includes both the players you've just criticised.

Yids may not be great at crossing, but at least he's got some pace and will drive forward.

We need wingers dammit! So let's play with no width!! :lol: It's nonsensical.

:| Lambast you say? said I preferred Westwood’s selection. I see Yids as a full-back and not a winger. So I would want him in the side. Similarly with a Ejaria he should be in the side but I would have him in a more central position. However he can drift wide and Yiadom can overlap to provide width if necessary.

I also want to see us with two upfront to see if Joao and Puscas can work together.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2021 08:32

You'd have made sense if you'd said I prefer Westwood’s, you've only got one upfront. :lol:

Yiadom thinks he's a winger when he goes forward.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Jul 2021 08:33

ALUKO, Baldock and Mcnalty?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2021 08:37

Snowflake Royal You'd have made sense if you'd said I prefer Westwood’s, you've only got one upfront. :lol:

He does but I have said for a long time (about two years) that he is a poor crosser and often avoids crossing. He is a good fullback but I would rather keep it that way than try and play him in a position he isn’t suited to.
Ejaria is an odd one. For someone so skilful the lack of goals and assists is strange. He is the player I would expect to win pens with his trickery but it rarely happens.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2021 09:56

Zip
Snowflake Royal You'd have made sense if you'd said I prefer Westwood’s, you've only got one upfront. :lol:

He does but I have said for a long time (about two years) that he is a poor crosser and often avoids crossing. He is a good fullback but I would rather keep it that way than try and play him in a position he isn’t suited to.
Ejaria is an odd one. For someone so skilful the lack of goals and assists is strange. He is the player I would expect to win pens with his trickery but it rarely happens.

He is suited to the way we play wingers though. He likes to cut inside and shoot. Same as Olise did, same as Meite did.

You think wingers should play differently to how we play them, that's fine. But you should recognise by now that's not how we currently play.

It still makes no sense that you'd criticise a lack of traditional wingers in my team, when we have none and the whole point is play with what we've got, and prefer a team with absolutely zero width.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jul 2021 13:20

Snowflake Royal
Zip

He is suited to the way we play wingers though. He likes to cut inside and shoot. Same as Olise did, same as Meite did.

You think wingers should play differently to how we play them, that's fine. But you should recognise by now that's not how we currently play.

It still makes no sense that you'd criticise a lack of traditional wingers in my team, when we have none and the whole point is play with what we've got, and prefer a team with absolutely zero width.

I give up Ian. I have explained that if width is needed Yiadom can overlap from the full back position and Ejaria can drift wide on the other flank. Nothing for me to say here.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2021 13:28

Would be a very thin squad. Probably a good thing we're not starting tomorrow then.