Out of Contract 2022

1018 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by NathStPaul » 24 Jun 2022 10:25

Wouldn't mind Joe Allen tbh. He is available on a free. Rumoured that Swansea want him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 10:26

Yep. The amount of times last year when various people inc myself said we’d happily see the back of this lot…

Tbh I’m still of that mindset.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 10:27

NathStPaul Wouldn't mind Joe Allen tbh. He is available on a free. Rumoured that Swansea want him.

Big wage I suspect, even now

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jun 2022 10:30

NathStPaul Wouldn't mind Joe Allen tbh. He is available on a free. Rumoured that Swansea want him.

No doubt but I think he is worth at least trying to talk to. Mark Bowen being a Welshman and working with Joe Allen previously might help. You don't know unless you ask.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Jun 2022 10:38

Suppose the plus side of this shake down - we really do find out who genuinely wants to be here and fight next season. Holmes, Ince and Yids knew full well the fight is on and must be up for it. So suppose losing Laurent and Rino weeded them out, every cloud etc.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jun 2022 11:13

NathStPaul

No doubt but I think he is worth at least trying to talk to. Mark Bowen being a Welshman and working with Joe Allen previously might help. You don't know unless you ask.

Unaffordable. If we can’t keep Rino there is no chance we can outbid other Championship clubs for Allen.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 24 Jun 2022 11:50

Zip
NathStPaul

Unaffordable. If we can’t keep Rino there is no chance we can outbid other Championship clubs for Allen.

No more unlikely than Yiadom and Holmes staying.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jun 2022 12:11

PATRIQT
Zip
NathStPaul No doubt but I think he is worth at least trying to talk to. Mark Bowen being a Welshman and working with Joe Allen previously might help. You don't know unless you ask.

I think it is, his wage demands I can imagine will be far too much for us and the rumours are suggesting that he wants to finish off his career in Wales. I can see Swansea being far more of an attractive prospect than ourselves to him.

Korey Smith might not be a bad option in midfield and he may be affordable as well, a decent enough player at this level anyway with plenty of experience who can help fill the void of Rino at least anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 12:34

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound
Thought you’re talking like our midfield was good last year. It wasn’t, in the main it was pretty bad

Adequate midfielders would be fine and no different to what Rino and Laurent were for most of the past 2 years

It shouldn’t be 4 strangers. It’s likely to be Tetek, Ejaria, Meite, Ince +1 I reckon.

That's taking liberties with positions.

We play 3 midfielders, not including wide players. You need more than the ones starting. Our central midfield will be strangers.

Tetek, New Player
New Player

Sub: New Player.

Ejaria’s the CAM surely. So it’s one new player ahead of the CBs (sounds a fair chance it’ll be Dann + 1) . And the two wide mids likely Meite and Ince (who don’t exactly hug the touchline). Or maybe Hoilett will come back still

He could be. But he's barely been used there and Laurent was preferred to him there last season. He's much more likely to be on the left and all our other contracted senior wide players have tended to be on the right.

Even if he does play CAM, he has trained with Tetek, but that's about it. Neither of them have played in central midfield together. And neither of them have played much central midfield for us.

With the best will in the world, our midfield, which has been a problem area, is going to start the season disorganised and strangers to each other's game.

Pre-season has already started and at best we have two of a required five to six central midfielders, possibly one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 12:39

Hound Ince could certainly play CAM as well, and sure he has played there a fair bit

It’s not massively different to last year where DD and TDB came in and played plenty. And Semedo and Laurent the season before

No doubts it’s a concern to have lost those two but not a huge one for me. rino barely played last season anyway

He started 19 games.

Last season Drinkwater and TDB were added to Laurent, Swift and Rinomhota.

This season it's Tetek who has barely played a game in midfield and Ejaria who has spent most of the last three seasons out wide.

Trying to equate the two is willfully blinkered

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jun 2022 12:56

PATRIQT
Zip
NathStPaul No doubt but I think he is worth at least trying to talk to. Mark Bowen being a Welshman and working with Joe Allen previously might help. You don't know unless you ask.

Disagree. Allen would be considered a higher and Championship player than either of those two.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jun 2022 13:08

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Rino played less than half the games last season for those blaming him for how bad our midfield was.

You mean like you blamed Moore for our poor defence and Ejaria for our blunt attack! Believe both those started less than half the games, certainly Moore

No, not like that. Because I didn’t do that.

I blamed Moore for being a bad defender, bad captain and a financial millstone around our neck. I blamed the coaching and midfield for our poor defending as much as anything.

And I blamed Ejaria for not delivering end product, not our whole attack. Our attack wasn't very blunt. It was mid-table.

Nice try at making things up to strawman.

By the same token, no-one (or as far as I’m aware) has “blamed” Rinomhota for our poor midfield last season and merely made the point that he was PART of an underperforming midfield. 19 starts is plenty enough to verify that btw

Interestingly enough, as per your Drinkwater comment of “walking 5-10 goals a season” (again, simply not true) is your alterations to suit an agenda. Normally agree with a fair amount of what you say but I think you’re being blinkered here, nice chap, works hard, from the academy, relatively low wages etc etc. The reality is that he’s tailed off the last couple of years

FWIW though, still think he’ll be a decent option at Champ level. Just think things have turned rather stale here. Look at Norwood who was comfortably our best midfielder in the time he was here, he left, gained three successive promotions, our midfield was better without him (at least for the first season after anyway). That’s how football works sometimes

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 13:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound Ince could certainly play CAM as well, and sure he has played there a fair bit

It’s not massively different to last year where DD and TDB came in and played plenty. And Semedo and Laurent the season before

No doubts it’s a concern to have lost those two but not a huge one for me. rino barely played last season anyway

He started 19 games.

Last season Drinkwater and TDB were added to Laurent, Swift and Rinomhota.

This season it's Tetek who has barely played a game in midfield and Ejaria who has spent most of the last three seasons out wide.

Trying to equate the two is willfully blinkered

Was it as many as 19. Shows how underwhelming he was

It’s not that blinkered at all. Is there a massive difference between Ejaria being a right footed left mid and CAM? Or Ince on the other side. It’s very very similar

Granted Tetek doesn’t have the experience of Rino or Laurent by any stretch but he is similar to TDB who played a lot there last year

Would still say 1 first team CM is vital plus some more for cover

And as mentioned season before we had new players in Laurent and Semedo first choice in CM and it didn’t seem to hurt us. Just need to find similar profile

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 24 Jun 2022 16:52

Rinomhota confirms via twitter he has gone.

biff

by biff » 24 Jun 2022 16:55

Devil's advocate, but he's pretty average isnt he.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jun 2022 16:55

Has a host of clubs after him who are better than us but he's a poor player and is no loss according to the wisdom of Yorkshire Royal

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jun 2022 16:56

I'd be delighted with an "average" player right now.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Jun 2022 16:58

Tshibola mark 2.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Jun 2022 17:10

Is there a revised list of those who are out of contract who are still to decide?

It is Azeez, Clarke, Hoilett, (Southwood ?)

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Jun 2022 17:14

We're gonna end up with Terell Thomas and Brandon Barker coming back aren't we

1018 posts