Out of Contract 2022

1018 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2022 09:02

Terell Thomas, Brandon Barker, Orjan Nyland, Felipe Araruna, Alen Halilovic and Marc McNulty all confirmed to be leaving.

Ethan Bristow, James Holden, Lynford Sackey and Malachi Talent-Aryeetey all leaving.

Junior Hoilett, Michael Morrison and John Swift all have verbal offers but no contract put in front of them. They will become free agents but Mark Bowen will continue to work on them.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 May 2022 09:07

Not concerned on anyone leaving, maybe a shame on Bristow as he's been in and around early in the season but never looked ready really.

Hopefully Hoilett signs, Morrison I'm not too bothered about either way and Swift would be a miracle.

Seen strong rumours regarding Laurent to Cardiff and Rino to Bristol City, hopefully we can pen them both down to new deals.

It will be interesting to see the length of contracts for each player, if disclosed.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 May 2022 09:48

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 May 2022 09:52

It feels like Laurent wants to play further forward than where we want him to play. Or vice a versa. Maybe him signing a new contract would depend on where he would fit into the team. It would be a disaster to lose both Rino and Laurent.

I think Hoilett in the team is also vital, experienced and very useful. Have natural Width out on the pitch.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2022 09:54

Coppells Lost Coat It feels like Laurent wants to play further forward than where we want him to play. Or vice a versa. Maybe him signing a new contract would depend on where he would fit into the team. It would be a disaster to lose both Rino and Laurent.

I think Hoilett in the team is also vital, experienced and very useful. Have natural Width out on the pitch.

Well it would depend on who we replace them with, for all we know we might get better players in. Highly doubtful I know but I think it is better to be open minded for now.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 May 2022 10:00

I do think we can give Laurent the license to play in the position he wants really. I don't think he's a 10, but more of an 8 who prefers to get forward and he's shown that he is more than capable when played there, particularly Barnsley and Blackburn for example.

With Swift likely to leave, we can switch to a 3 man midfield and go for a 4-3-3 potentially rather than playing with a traditional 10 like we did with Swift.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 May 2022 10:08

Decent set of info there by the club and agree basically with who they’ve offered to

Be nice to see K Ehib, Clarke, Camara, Dorsett, Samuels and Ashcroft all sign up from the u23 particularly. Hopefully they will

Nothing to suggest there that Swift will stay. Reckon Hoilett prob will

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 20 May 2022 10:10

Im guessing they'll offer Hoillet a deal if Ince or Azeez dont stay, and Morrison if Holmes leaves.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2022 12:45

With us talking to Ince, Azeez and Hoilett, all who can play wide right and arguably most effective there, does this raise any question marks over Meite?

Is he a potential to move on?

Hoilett more often plays on the left for us and Ince tended to use Meite more up top iirc, so it's far from clear cut. But if all three sign, that's quite a few wide players.

Meite, Ejaria, Ince, Hoilett, Azeez... and Meite and Ejaria stand out as quite different players to the other three.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2022 12:46

Snowflake Royal With us talking to Ince, Azeez and Hoilett, all who can play wide right and arguably most effective there, does this raise any question marks over Meite?

Hoilett more often plays on the left for us and Ince tended to use Meite more up top iirc, so it's far from clear cut. But if all three sign, that's quite a few wide players.

Meite, Ejaria, Ince, Hoilett, Azeez... and Meite and Ejaria stand out as quite different players to the other three.

You'd think that if a club came in with a couple of million for Meite he'll be off for sure.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 May 2022 13:05

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal With us talking to Ince, Azeez and Hoilett, all who can play wide right and arguably most effective there, does this raise any question marks over Meite?

You'd think that if a club came in with a couple of million for Meite he'll be off for sure.

Became a really important part of the side but missed a big chunk of the last two seasons, really can’t be doing with injury prone players again. If he can stay fit, would be a big asset to the team, but playing off the right and not up top

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 May 2022 13:07

URZZZZ
NathStPaul

Became a really important part of the side but missed a big chunk of the last two seasons, really can’t be doing with injury prone players again. If he can stay fit, would be a big asset to the team, but playing off the right and not up top

Oh he is no doubt important to us but if someone comes in for him offering any sort of serious money along meaning us picking up Tom Ince on a free to replace him then it is a no brainer for the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 May 2022 13:28

Not sure any club will offer any kind of money for him after his spell out

And not like Azeez and Hoilett were exactly injury free last year

He does also give a (not very good) option of playing CF.

All in all very much doubt we’ll sell him

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 May 2022 13:41

I can imagine someone would pay a decent fee of £2-3m for him, although he is in his last year of contract (or coming up to anyway).

Tom Ince may end up signing, to it could end up happening. It wouldn't be the worst decision ever, although I like Meite, he gives us something different and is a massive threat from the right on his day and he's usually pretty consistent as well.

I wouldn't want to sell.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 May 2022 13:44

I reckon Pince sees Meite as a CF. If we played with genuine wingers and full backs who got the ball into the box then I think Meite could be a much more effective CF than one more used to playing with his back to goal

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 May 2022 14:24

3points I reckon Pince sees Meite as a CF. If we played with genuine wingers and full backs who got the ball into the box then I think Meite could be a much more effective CF than one more used to playing with his back to goal

Yes agreed. Yaks is also only one of a handful of players under contract alongside Moore and Puscas who we are actively trying to sell. We are set to lose Swift. We are open to offers for Joao. Sell Meite too? Madness. At this rate there will be no goals in the squad.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 May 2022 17:54

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Halilovic do well at this level. Clearly a good player, shame about his injury record.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2022 18:27

Zip
3points I reckon Pince sees Meite as a CF. If we played with genuine wingers and full backs who got the ball into the box then I think Meite could be a much more effective CF than one more used to playing with his back to goal

Yes agreed. Yaks is also only one of a handful of players under contract alongside Moore and Puscas who we are actively trying to sell. We are set to lose Swift. We are open to offers for Joao. Sell Meite too? Madness. At this rate there will be no goals in the squad.
think it's unlikely we sell Joao and Meite. Out of the two it'd be Meite I'm happier to let go, even for less.

Be a lot of cash for the pair though.

Rather someone buys Ejaria than either.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 May 2022 19:36

I hope Laurent stays.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 May 2022 21:48

With the monetary constraints prepare for the worst. A total rebuild is long overdue. New blood with no baggage will transform the atmosphere.

1018 posts