BFTG - QPR

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - QPR

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2021 07:31

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Notts Royal This feels like a relegation season doesn’t it.

Not yet it doesn't. Defence is one good performance away from being OK, going forward we are as good as 90% of this division. There is a lot of potential there.

Stranded, you'd see the positive in a bowl of piss.

You were telling us weeks ago that we looked good going forward and the defence would tighten up.

I argued at the time we.were much more likely to keep conceding and the same three players couldn't keep scoring. Q a couple of games of reduced goals, defeats and loafs of goals conceded, followed by a Swift hattrick and loads of goals conceded.

You're living in a dream world.

There's absolutely no sign the defence is improving. And even if Dann (not in this weekend's squad) comes in, he's slow and he and Holmes can't replace all of Yiadom, Moore and Morrison.

Morrison probably being the better of the three which would make an insanely slow defensive u it in Holmes, Morrison, Dann, Rahman.

And still midfield would be a problem. You can't expect Holmes, Dann and Drinkwater to just solve our massive problems.

Nope. I just don't get angry about football. There were positives today and the negative was mental, the defence looked OK until they shut off. Not good but OK until that point.

The side looked more confident in general and I feel we are a win or two away from being a decent side.

It may not happen, we may stay shit. We may go down but I enjoyed yesterday's game and I don't see the point in letting it annoy me. It was better than Huddersfield, which is all yesterday needed to be so on to Tuesday and let's see what happens.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 12 Sep 2021 07:49

Walking to the game today I felt a draw would of been a decent result against an inform QPR side. And despite throwing away a 2 goal lead I still feel there are positives to take from the result. Clearly we can’t keep conceding goals but rather than glaring individual errors I think it was more about game management where we failed. Pauno didn’t help that with taking Puscas off and giving us no outlet and we basically invited pressure.

Halilovic looks a great little player and can see him being a real asset, normally it’s stop John Swift and you stop Reading playing but now he brings us another creative option.

When we attack we are playing some beautiful football and the goals we scored today were great. I feel we just need a confidence building clean sheet to get our season kick started.

Pauno now clearly under some pressure based on some weird comments in his press conference after but I fear if we do sack him I have no confidence we will bring anyone any better than him.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Sep 2021 08:53

Would have*

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Sep 2021 09:06

At 3-1 I was thinking, as a joke, "we can still get a draw outof this"

You can't really blame the management for the 2nd QPR goal. That was just piss-poor from the players, already mentally back in changing room celebrating the victory.

Taking off Puscas though... I'm not sure I've ever seen a team try to play 5-5-0 before. It justinvited them to attack, with nothing to worry about - just crazy.

Even more annoying was that QPR looked really ordinary, and could have had no complaints about a 3-1 defeat.

Oh, and the tubby ginger lad who sits near me has ended his swearing moratorium and was back on form. I don't mind swearing, but he does it like a 13 year old who was taught the words in school that morning.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2021 09:11

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Brogue
Different stages of their career let’s see what olise is like when he’s 26

Perhaps but you can't judge someone on their potential.

I'd personally wager Olise will not be at Swifts level at 26 and will fail to live up to his relative hype.

Swift's best season so far is less good than Olise's season as a teen..

Swift was better 2 season’s ago than Olise was last year in an inferior team imo. He was sublime that year

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Sep 2021 09:57

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

I'd personally wager Olise will not be at Swifts level at 26 and will fail to live up to his relative hype.

Swift was better 2 season’s ago up until Christmas than Olise was last year in an inferior team imo. He was sublime that half a season

Swift was sublime up to the NY period that season and then really suffered a drop in form, along with the rest of the team. Something Bowen himself alluded to

Seems a lot stronger nowadays. Used to be shrugged off the ball time and time again, really bulked up. Talent alone he’s a Prem standard player, but application and injuries have held him back. Perhaps this is his season to perform consistently over an entire season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 10:00

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Swift was better 2 season’s ago than Olise was last year in an inferior team imo. He was sublime that year

Fewer goals and assists.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 11:17

Do we need to compare and contrast Swift and Olise? Both are technically good enough to play in the top flight. Swift has worked hard at his game. When he played alongside Kelly our central midfield was incredibly lightweight. He has improved one heck of a lot on the defensive side of his game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 11:19

Zip Do we need to compare and contrast Swift and Olise? Both are technically good enough to play in the top flight. Swift has worked hard at his game. When he played alongside Kelly our central midfield was incredibly lightweight. He has improved one heck of a lot on the defensive side of his game.

Don't need to, the other boys started it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 11:52

Snowflake Royal
Zip Do we need to compare and contrast Swift and Olise? Both are technically good enough to play in the top flight. Swift has worked hard at his game. When he played alongside Kelly our central midfield was incredibly lightweight. He has improved one heck of a lot on the defensive side of his game.

Don't need to, the other boys started it.

It’s not a dig at you master Royal just a general comment. Both are good enough and I have enjoyed watching them in the hoops. Sadly we lost Olise very early in his career. We have seen Swift for most of his career to date.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2021 11:54

One things for sure. When Swift gets injured we are fcuked.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 11:58

leon One things for sure. When Swift gets injured we are fcuked.

On this we can agree leonski. You were posting like a right jelly tot last night.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2021 12:02

Zip

On this we can agree leonski. You were posting like a right jelly tot last night.

Err one post? I stand by it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 12:06

Zip

On this we can agree leonski. .

Be an opportunity for Ejaria to step up.

We've got a ton of midfielders who want to get forward now..him, Halilovic, Laurent, TDB. Hell, move Moore ther, he's doing a better job in attack than defence. Peach of a ball.

Even if he stays fit, Swift can't keep being in the goals like this.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 12:09

leon
Zip

Err one post? I stand by it.

I’m ashamed of you young man.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Sep 2021 12:13

Going forward we've got enough to do well. It's the fragility that is a huge concern. 1st goal a set piece, 2nd was scrappy immediately after our third that should have ended the game. 3rd was inevitable from that point. If we don't fix this, we will go down.

Dann can't be fit quickly enough. Moore, Morrison and Rafael are supposedly experienced leaders at the back, so have to shoulder responsibility. Can we fix it? I hope so, but the 3 players mentioned cannot complain if they lose the shirt. Dann will definitely start when ready. I'm also wondering what recall clause exists on Andresson, as he looks ready and Rafael is not inspiring confidence right now.

Sympathy for Swift. 6 goals and 2 assists in 6 games and in the relegation zone

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2021 12:19

URZZZZ
Hound
Snowflake Royal Swift's best season so far is less good than Olise's season as a teen..

Swift was better 2 season’s ago up until Christmas than Olise was last year in an inferior team imo. He was sublime that half a season

Swift was sublime up to the NY period that season and then really suffered a drop in form, along with the rest of the team. Something Bowen himself alluded to

Seems a lot stronger nowadays. Used to be shrugged off the ball time and time again, really bulked up. Talent alone he’s a Prem standard player, but application and injuries have held him back. Perhaps this is his season to perform consistently over an entire season

Don’t see anything wrong in his application - works as hard as anyone . I’d make him captain personally

Injuries certainly

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2021 12:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal Swift's best season so far is less good than Olise's season as a teen..

Fewer goals and assists.

That’s only a part of what comes into the equation.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 12:35

Rafael. At what does he get criticised for the disorganisation from set pieces?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 12:39

Zip Rafael. At what does he get criticised for the disorganisation from set pieces?

When it's a problem with the wall, otherwise it's not really his call IMO.