What do you think of the owners? Poll

What are your feelings towards the owners currently?

delighted with them
7%
happy with them
48%
ambivalent
25%
Pissed off with them
8%
Leave now
12%

Total votes: 73
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What do you think of the owners? Poll

by Nameless » 21 Nov 2021 19:20

Snowflake Royal Hey pals, look... I almost ruined the club and I still get to come and watch them and oxf*rd about without a care.

The one who almost ruined the club was the one who left us owing money to HMRC and with a debt to a loan shark and no money to pay either.
Dai hasn’t put the club in danger of folding, or going into admin.
And it’s a typical ‘I’ll slag them off whatever’ comment. Slated for not being at games then when he fronts up after the points deduction that is ‘wrong’ too.
There is no doubt he’s made some major errors but he’s put his money in, he’s not generated any risky debt and he’s shown no signs of running away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 21:30

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Hey pals, look... I almost ruined the club and I still get to come and watch them and oxf*rd about without a care.

The one who almost ruined the club was the one who left us owing money to HMRC and with a debt to a loan shark and no money to pay either.
And it’s a typical ‘I’ll slag them off whatever’ comment. Slated for not being at games then when he fronts up after the points deduction that is ‘wrong’ too.
There is no doubt he’s made some major errors but he’s put his money in, he’s not generated any risky debt and he’s shown no signs of running away.

I've never slated him for notgoing to games

Never had a points deduction before him.

You'll defend anything nameless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2021 08:58

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

I've never slated him for notgoing to games

Never had a points deduction before him.

You'll defend anything nameless.

I don't think he has done anything close to ruin the club tbh. Made some absolute howlers in the early days which we are getting punished for now, but hopefully lessons have been learned - and there are signs that is the case

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Nov 2021 09:43

Lower West
Sutekh
mikey0406 The owners gambled, in didn’t pay off yet we still remain competitive in the league - there is no reason that this team cannot push for a playoff place with this team.

Over the next couple of months we get the majority of the team back, plus with the punishment being finalised, Reading are surely negotiating allowing to offer current players contracts as well as negotiating what they can bring in.

Priorities to Xmas must be to finalise the punishment with favourable terms, offer contracts to those out in the summer that financially viable, if we cannot secure a contract for swift et al then we sell at Jan, balancing as much as we can for the next season.

The signings, bar Dann at this time, have all proved their worth. Shows what can be done on a limited budget. Another striker will give us a real outlet when Joao is injured.

Need to keep these owners sweet though, better stability and control over the teams in and outs going forward

Well things seem fairly rosey with the owners currently, JLo reporting today (see below link) that Mr Dai was at the Forest game and was enjoying himself on the pitch afterwards. Strikes me he feels a bit more of a connection to the club than many perhaps give credit for and after a week with the points deduction as well.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-22228469

Blanked Tim Dellor walking off the pitch after their schoolboy antics on the pitch. The club is simply a plaything to show off to your mates.

Don't blame him for blanking Dellor, can see he is obviously a smart man... and we know his English isn't great so why would he speak to a journalist without any prep?

Schoolboy antics, really? He was having a bit of fun once the game had finished - if I was the owner I would be down on the pitch as often as I could and would be asking the ground staff to leave the goals up so I could put a few in the net.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Nov 2021 09:46

Hendo
Lower West
Sutekh
Well things seem fairly rosey with the owners currently, JLo reporting today (see below link) that Mr Dai was at the Forest game and was enjoying himself on the pitch afterwards. Strikes me he feels a bit more of a connection to the club than many perhaps give credit for and after a week with the points deduction as well.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-22228469

Blanked Tim Dellor walking off the pitch after their schoolboy antics on the pitch. The club is simply a plaything to show off to your mates.

Don't blame him for blanking Dellor, can see he is obviously a smart man... and we know his English isn't great so why would he speak to a journalist without any prep?

Schoolboy antics, really? He was having a bit of fun once the game had finished - if I was the owner I would be down on the pitch as often as I could and would be asking the ground staff to leave the goals up so I could put a few in the net.

It is his pitch, he can do as he pleases.

There are of course a lot of things to pull the owner up on, running on the pitch isn't one of them. If people keep having a go at him for nothing then eventually he will just go and we will have no club at all.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Nov 2021 15:02

NathStPaul
Hendo
Lower West

It is his pitch, he can do as he pleases.

There are of course a lot of things to pull the owner up on, running on the pitch isn't one of them. If people keep having a go at him for nothing then eventually he will just go and we will have no club at all.

The EFL are far more likely to run him off than a few people on the Internet criticising him for running on the pitch.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Nov 2021 17:16

I like the owners.

Yes ok the gamble might not have worked thanks to the bizarre capitulation last season but if it had we'd be singing their praises.

They're not afraid to put money in, not afraid to make bold changes.

JM is obviously an absolute legend whom we unanimously love, but his big flaw (if you can call it that) was just not being able to take us to that next level of taking risk and spending more (than he already did) in the PL.

I'm fairly happy with them and hope they stay for some time and continue to support the club where they can and am sure they'll have learned from this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 17:40

Millsy I like the owners.

Yes ok the gamble might not have worked thanks to the bizarre capitulation last season but if it had we'd be singing their praises.

JM is obviously an absolute legend whom we unanimously love, but his big flaw (if you can call it that) was just not being able to take us to that next level of taking risk and spending more (than he already did) in the PL.

I'm fairly happy with them and hope they stay for some time and continue to support the club where they can and am sure they'll have learned from this.

On the other hand his model had us competing at the right end of the table and didn't envolve us getting two years of transfer embargos and a points deduction by break rules we knew we'd break three years in advance.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2021 18:07

Snowflake Royal

On the other hand his model had us competing at the right end of the table and didn't envolve us getting two years of transfer embargos and a points deduction by break rules we knew we'd break three years in advance.

Hard for SJM to break FFP rules when they didn't exist...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 18:11

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

He could easily have put us in administration though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Nov 2021 18:14

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Snowflake Royal On the other hand his model had us competing at the right end of the table and didn't envolve us getting two years of transfer embargos and a points deduction by break rules we knew we'd break three years in advance.

He could easily have put us in administration though.

Could've done. Probably would've done if we didn't get promoted in 01/02 with the amount of money we were spending at Div 2 level.

AFAIK our owners aren't close to putting us into administration either...

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Nov 2021 18:19

Millsy I'm fairly happy with them and hope they stay for some time and continue to support the club where they can and am sure they'll have learned from this.

Their business model failed at the two other clubs they owned.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Nov 2021 18:28

I like the owner despite his mistakes. He chased the premiership dream and it didn’t work out. The most important thing is that he at least stays around until the club is back on an even keel.

SJM will always be my favourite as he delivered premiership football as he’d promised years earlier. I remember walking to Elm Park as a child and back then the old second division seemed extremely unlikely.

Hopefully, the championship can remain competitive but I fear FFP may kill the chance for clubs like us to ever get promoted again.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Nov 2021 22:13

blythspartan Hopefully, the championship can remain competitive but I fear FFP may kill the chance for clubs like us to ever get promoted again.

Money alone doesn't guarantee success. Man Utd reflect the revolving door of management these days. Ferguson built his dynasty over years not months. Both clubs share one common problem. No director of football. Who is making the decisions as to players who are are signed? Recruitment is key. Both are a shambles.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2021 22:18

Get rid asap.