Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 11:34

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Personally just feel there’s an unfair bias when it comes to Moore now

He makes a mistake and it’s brought up time and time again. Any very good pieces of defending is scarcely acknowledged. His block off the line was very good defending. Aside from yourself, was barely mentioned on the MD thread. Dann’s role in their goal was pretty awful too. Again, not highlighted to anywhere near the same extent as Moore’s

The bottom line is we all get he’s a high earner. We all get he seems to be regressing year on year. He probably wouldn’t be in many people’s strongest XI with everyone fit. But it doesn’t mean people have to only remember the bad and not the good parts to his game

We’ve tried scapegoats before. We’ve taken them out the team, we’ve still struggled and we’ve found new ones to fill the void. Recurring story. Not sure taking him (or Ejaria) out would give the quick magic fix that some anticipate will happen

Last time he left the team we went from conceding about three goals a game to two clean sheets in a row. We were losing yesterday with him on the pitch, thanks to his error. He left it, we picked up a draw.

We'd need someone to replace Ejaria which we don't have fit right now.

He also cleared one off the line which would've been game over, so swings and roundabouts.

Yeah he did his job properly there, but it wasn't anything I wouldn’t expect a defender to do routinely. It was pretty much right at him, but he got it and made it safe.

Leaving two free for a tap in with a square ball for the right choice from Grabban :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2021 12:18

Snowflake Royal

I just don't see this, and I don't think the majority of fans do either. He isn't on the best of form certainly , but he still contributes significantly to the game at both ends. Definitely lost some of his flair, but he works his backside off

Far outperforming TDB in my opinion who I think has been pretty average (though caveat is he is very young and inexperienced still)

You do just seem to pick on a player and go in full barrels in a slightly odd way at times. Could easily pick and of DD, Laurent, TDB, Baba, Dann, Moore (fair play - you do that already), Puscas etc and just rip them to shreds game after game. I just don't really see why you think Ejaria is performing so much worse than any of them

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Nov 2021 12:43

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal Shhh careful otherwise you’ll be accused of making him a scapegoat. It’s everyone else’s fault he’s shit, duh.

Personally just feel there’s an unfair bias when it comes to Moore now

He makes a mistake and it’s brought up time and time again. Any very good pieces of defending is scarcely acknowledged. His block off the line was very good defending. Aside from yourself, was barely mentioned on the MD thread. Dann’s role in their goal was pretty awful too. Again, not highlighted to anywhere near the same extent as Moore’s

The bottom line is we all get he’s a high earner. We all get he seems to be regressing year on year. He probably wouldn’t be in many people’s strongest XI with everyone fit. But it doesn’t mean people have to only remember the bad and not the good parts to his game

We’ve tried scapegoats before. We’ve taken them out the team, we’ve still struggled and we’ve found new ones to fill the void. Recurring story. Not sure taking him (or Ejaria) out would give the quick magic fix that some anticipate will happen

I appreciate that, and it’s natural (even if not necessarily justifiable, that once one forms a negative opinion about someone or something, it’s more frequently going to be highlighted) but it’s not just the fact he’s a high earner. He’s our captain and supposedly our “best” defender. He’s not an 18 year old in his debut Championship season and should be held to higher standards. He’s making such basic errors, and the worrying thing is, repeatedly.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Nov 2021 14:11

URZZZZ
SCIAG
Royal_jimmy
Mathieu Manset or Joseph Mendes

I knew there was someone from Mendes’ time who I was missing!

Interestingly he is now a Guinea-Bissau international alongside Pele and Semedo.

Think that’s harsh, seemed to keep sustaining injury niggles here and was slightly raw, but actually made an impact on the rare occasions he started

3 goals and 1 assist (as well as causing a red card within 90 seconds of a game), in just 3 league starts. Personally thought he was a better option than Samuel but then he was from the academy so that automatically makes him a better player

I included Samuel tbf!
URZZZZ
SCIAG
ROYALJOE Can anyone tell me a worst striker, we have owned than Puscas?.. utterly useless waste of time

Sam Baldock, Marc McNulty, Danny Loader, Lewis Grabban, Lucas Boye, Denis Rakels, Dominic Samuel, Orlando Sa, most of Nick Blackman, Yakubu, Stephen Appiah, Benik Afobe, Mathieu Manset, Simon Church, Eric Obinna, Dean Morgan, Lloyd Owusu, Les Ferdinand, Bas Savage, Nathan Tyson, Jim McIntyre, Keith Scott, Martin Williams, Paul Brayson, Carl Asaba, Robert Fleck, Uwe Hartenberger, Lea Barkus...

And that's not including people who never played for us like Baseya (lol), Karl Sheppard, Brett Williams...

Stephen any relation to Kwesi? :wink:

Gah, Stephen Appiah was Michael Essien's midfield partner for Ghana. I thought Kwesi had two first names, but he didn't. My bad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 18:18

Hound
Snowflake Royal

I just don't see this, and I don't think the majority of fans do either. He isn't on the best of form certainly , but he still contributes significantly to the game at both ends. Definitely lost some of his flair, but he works his backside off

Far outperforming TDB in my opinion who I think has been pretty average (though caveat is he is very young and inexperienced still)

You do just seem to pick on a player and go in full barrels in a slightly odd way at times. Could easily pick and of DD, Laurent, TDB, Baba, Dann, Moore (fair play - you do that already), Puscas etc and just rip them to shreds game after game. I just don't really see why you think Ejaria is performing so much worse than any of them

You seem to have read what you want to read and not what I actually said.

To drop Ejaria, we would need someone to replace him with and we don't currently have anyone fit to do that.

Ie we can't drop him.

165 posts