MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h)

165 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h)

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Nov 2021 19:12

Thought Puscas looked like as decent striker second half. Carrol was getting all the attention and space was opening up. Carrol clearly looked off the pace but it looked like a good set up, up front.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 19:42

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal That exemplifies my ire at Ejaria.

Space outside with the option of a 1 on 1 vs a defender or time to cross.

He stops, waits, watches, checks back. Second defender has time to get in, and the three players we had in the box waste their good runs because he just stops everything and ignores them. Then they need to reset their runs.

He does find Rahman outside the box who has a decent shot which Samba palms past Yiadom, but not going to score from there often.

Would score much more from an early near post cross or beating his defender and running at goal.

The problem is though you don't go to games so are just viewing on a stream with probably one camera angle. If you actually watched some LIVE FOOTBALL instead of posting crap on here for 90 mins you'd see the bigger picture on how sides double/treble up on him and if you listened to what opposition mangers say before games you'd know he's called out as a player to watch. It's up to the other creative players to take advantage of the space left ...

:lol:

I've seen him live loads. And the stream isn't shown in extreme close up, it's plenty wide enough to see when he is and isn't doubled up on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 19:44

ROYALJOE
Pepe the Horseman
ROYALJOE Can anyone tell me a worst striker, we have owned than Puscas?.. utterly useless waste of time

Had a good game today.

I did'nt think so...was standing in an offside position when could of been through on goal in the first half and should of done better when 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper. Ran into traffic on another occasion. A striker is there to put the ball in the net and he just doesn't or get involved at all really. What he really needs is a good 3/4 game sit out to get his head back in the game

Go back and read my post about the chance. He wasn't standing offside. He was onside and bent his run slightly to try to stay that way, but the far defender stepped up brilliantly and Ejaria played it when he could see he'd been played off.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Nov 2021 19:52

Nameless
CountryRoyal I’m one of Pauno’s biggest detractors but credit to him, the substitutions were brave.

We’re still a shambles defensively, Forest really should have had a few.

Not a bad point overall, especially coming from behind.

We had the better chances though, were Forest a shambles too ?

I didn’t think they were great defensively, no.

Not sure I agree we had the better chances either.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2021 20:03

CountryRoyal
Nameless
CountryRoyal I’m one of Pauno’s biggest detractors but credit to him, the substitutions were brave.

We’re still a shambles defensively, Forest really should have had a few.

Not a bad point overall, especially coming from behind.

pretty even all round I thought. Game really opened up when we went 2 up - and not necessarily in a good way for us. Teams run at us far too easily. Forest had a couple of good chances at the end but next to nothing after their goal and before we went 2 up top

But enjoyed the game and will take the point

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 20:28

Hound
CountryRoyal
Nameless

pretty even all round I thought. Game really opened up when we went 2 up - and not necessarily in a good way for us. Teams run at us far too easily. Forest had a couple of good chances at the end but next to nothing after their goal and before we went 2 up top

You kidding? When Moore cleared off the line from Grabban was an absolute certain goal if he squared it to one of two players... that was at 1-0 I thought..

Plus a cross that one of their players airkicked that should have been a near certain goal. But that may have been later.

I'd say we had more chances, but the fewer ones they had were better.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Nov 2021 20:31

ROYALJOE Can anyone tell me a worst striker, we have owned than Puscas?.. utterly useless waste of time

Sam Baldock, Marc McNulty, Danny Loader, Lewis Grabban, Lucas Boye, Denis Rakels, Dominic Samuel, Orlando Sa, most of Nick Blackman, Yakubu, Stephen Appiah, Benik Afobe, Mathieu Manset, Simon Church, Eric Obinna, Dean Morgan, Lloyd Owusu, Les Ferdinand, Bas Savage, Nathan Tyson, Jim McIntyre, Keith Scott, Martin Williams, Paul Brayson, Carl Asaba, Robert Fleck, Uwe Hartenberger, Lea Barkus...

And that's not including people who never played for us like Baseya (lol), Karl Sheppard, Brett Williams...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Nov 2021 20:33

Snowflake Royal
Hound
CountryRoyal

You kidding? When Moore cleared off the line from Grabban was an absolute certain goal if he squared it to one of two players... that was at 1-0 I thought..

Plus a cross that one of their players airkicked that should have been a near certain goal. But that may have been later.

We had the better chances first half, they had the better chances second half.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Nov 2021 20:56

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Sourwood barely had a save to make whereas their keeper had to make at least 4 genuine saves. Forcing a save rates as a better chance than someone not squaring the ball for someone else who may or may not have then scored....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 21:52

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal You kidding? When Moore cleared off the line from Grabban was an absolute certain goal if he squared it to one of two players... that was at 1-0 I thought..

Sourwood barely had a save to make whereas their keeper had to make at least 4 genuine saves. Forcing a save rates as a better chance than someone not squaring the ball for someone else who may or may not have then scored....

A shot straight at a keeper is not a better chance than an open goal for a tap in if a pass is made.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Nov 2021 22:16

Mathieu Manset or Joseph Mendes

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Nov 2021 23:00

Royal_jimmy

I knew there was someone from Mendes’ time who I was missing!

Interestingly he is now a Guinea-Bissau international alongside Pele and Semedo.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 21 Nov 2021 00:11

windermereROYAL
Donny Ironside We would have won were it not for Club1871

You really are such a thick C*nt, ever thought of a new hobby like playing with the traffic on the M4?

oxf*rd oxf*rd off you little oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 21 Nov 2021 00:11

windermereROYAL

Past your bedtime tit head? you obviously were not at the game today dick.

Seems like you have had a few too many coors lights you stupid oxf*rd oxf*rd

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2021 00:30

Donny Ironside
windermereROYAL
Donny Ironside oxf*rd oxf*rd off you little oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd

Touched a nerve have I dickhead?

Go touch grass prick. Get back to your wkd ya melt

Listen sunshine, if you don`t want to be abused stop loading the bullets in the gun...you really don`t help yourself do you? night.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Nov 2021 01:08

SCIAG
Royal_jimmy

I knew there was someone from Mendes’ time who I was missing!

Interestingly he is now a Guinea-Bissau international alongside Pele and Semedo.

Think that’s harsh, seemed to keep sustaining injury niggles here and was slightly raw, but actually made an impact on the rare occasions he started

3 goals and 1 assist (as well as causing a red card within 90 seconds of a game), in just 3 league starts. Personally thought he was a better option than Samuel but then he was from the academy so that automatically makes him a better player

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Nov 2021 01:19

SCIAG

Sam Baldock, Marc McNulty, Danny Loader, Lewis Grabban, Lucas Boye, Denis Rakels, Dominic Samuel, Orlando Sa, most of Nick Blackman, Yakubu, Stephen Appiah, Benik Afobe, Mathieu Manset, Simon Church, Eric Obinna, Dean Morgan, Lloyd Owusu, Les Ferdinand, Bas Savage, Nathan Tyson, Jim McIntyre, Keith Scott, Martin Williams, Paul Brayson, Carl Asaba, Robert Fleck, Uwe Hartenberger, Lea Barkus...

And that's not including people who never played for us like Baseya (lol), Karl Sheppard, Brett Williams...

Stephen any relation to Kwesi? :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Nov 2021 01:33

CountryRoyal Shhh careful otherwise you’ll be accused of making him a scapegoat. It’s everyone else’s fault he’s shit, duh.

Personally just feel there’s an unfair bias when it comes to Moore now

He makes a mistake and it’s brought up time and time again. Any very good pieces of defending is scarcely acknowledged. His block off the line was very good defending. Aside from yourself, was barely mentioned on the MD thread. Dann’s role in their goal was pretty awful too. Again, not highlighted to anywhere near the same extent as Moore’s

The bottom line is we all get he’s a high earner. We all get he seems to be regressing year on year. He probably wouldn’t be in many people’s strongest XI with everyone fit. But it doesn’t mean people have to only remember the bad and not the good parts to his game

We’ve tried scapegoats before. We’ve taken them out the team, we’ve still struggled and we’ve found new ones to fill the void. Recurring story. Not sure taking him (or Ejaria) out would give the quick magic fix that some anticipate will happen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 08:26

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal Shhh careful otherwise you’ll be accused of making him a scapegoat. It’s everyone else’s fault he’s shit, duh.

He makes a mistake and it’s brought up time and time again. Any very good pieces of defending is scarcely acknowledged. His block off the line was very good defending. Aside from yourself, was barely mentioned on the MD thread. Dann’s role in their goal was pretty awful too. Again, not highlighted to anywhere near the same extent as Moore’s

The bottom line is we all get he’s a high earner. We all get he seems to be regressing year on year. He probably wouldn’t be in many people’s strongest XI with everyone fit. But it doesn’t mean people have to only remember the bad and not the good parts to his game

We’ve tried scapegoats before. We’ve taken them out the team, we’ve still struggled and we’ve found new ones to fill the void. Recurring story. Not sure taking him (or Ejaria) out would give the quick magic fix that some anticipate will happen

Last time he left the team we went from conceding about three goals a game to two clean sheets in a row. We were losing yesterday with him on the pitch, thanks to his error. He left it, we picked up a draw.

We'd need someone to replace Ejaria which we don't have fit right now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Nov 2021 10:57

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Last time he left the team we went from conceding about three goals a game to two clean sheets in a row. We were losing yesterday with him on the pitch, thanks to his error. He left it, we picked up a draw.

We'd need someone to replace Ejaria which we don't have fit right now.

He also cleared one off the line which would've been game over, so swings and roundabouts.

165 posts