MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h)

by Hound » 06 Dec 2021 09:17

Hendo
Zip
Hound
Not like they exactly caused problems with it though was it? 2 shots on target, one being the speculative long range thing that would have been saved 99 times out of 100. Think we'd rather teams cross it in for Holmes, Dann and Laurent to head away than run at us. Can't think of any effort from them that went close at all tbh outside of that

Guessing Hoilett if deployed correctly could be pretty useful second half of the season. Natural width and presumably can cross a ball pretty well. AH has talent but he was pretty rancid on Saturday in all aspects. Swift was poor but with him he still worked hard, won a few tackles and caused them trouble (and should have won a pen).

Their no 11 caused all sorts of problems. He had the beating of both Yids and Rahman and put in some decent crosses and won corners (which we struggled to clear in the first half). Didn’t think much of Hull’s strikers though.

Yes Hoilett on the wing would be good. Play him in his natural position.

Agree with the bolded bit. Even though he scored (which he really shouldn't have done anyway), I thought their no. 7 was absolute garbage.

He was really rated last year I think. I've got to be honest, didn't really notice their no 11 at all, but a couple of people on here mentioned him. Was he the shortish guy with long hair, or was that Honeyman?

Thought we were very comfortable against them defensively all game tbh. Didn't think they looked likely to score at any real point in time, though yes I do remember them getting behind the FBs a couple of times

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 09:20

Hound
Hendo
Zip
Their no 11 caused all sorts of problems. He had the beating of both Yids and Rahman and put in some decent crosses and won corners (which we struggled to clear in the first half). Didn’t think much of Hull’s strikers though.

Yes Hoilett on the wing would be good. Play him in his natural position.

Agree with the bolded bit. Even though he scored (which he really shouldn't have done anyway), I thought their no. 7 was absolute garbage.

He was really rated last year I think. I've got to be honest, didn't really notice their no 11 at all, but a couple of people on here mentioned him. Was he the shortish guy with long hair, or was that Honeyman?

Thought we were very comfortable against them defensively all game tbh. Didn't think they looked likely to score at any real point in time, though yes I do remember them getting behind the FBs a couple of times

No 11. We were all talking about how much of a problem he was. Very young looking, fair haired lad. Kept switching flanks. The rest of their front line were dire.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 09:23

Zip
Hound
Hendo

No 11. We were all talking about how much of a problem he was. Very young looking, fair haired lad. Kept switching flanks. The rest of their front line were dire.

Agree with Hound, thought Honeyman was their danger man, didn't seem to notice 11 too much.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 09:24

Hendo
Zip
Hound

Agree with Hound, thought Honeyman was their danger man, didn't seem to notice 11 too much.

We certainly noticed him. He was the one beating our fullbacks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2021 09:25

Zip
Hound
Hendo

Well this lot agree with you

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/f ... ne-6304884

sounds a prospect

I did think Honeyman looked handy, but faded a lot in the 2nd half

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 09:26

Zip
Hendo
Zip

We certainly noticed him. He was the one beating our fullbacks.

It is entirely possible I wasn't paying too much attention :)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 09:27

Hound
Zip
Hound

sounds a prospect

Think they all faded in the 2nd half, tbh. Especially after they scored.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 09:28

Hound
Zip
Hound

sounds a prospect

Yep that’s the boy. He was really their only threat. Every time he got the ball we were concerned.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Dec 2021 15:53

Only Hull player i really noticed was Honeyman

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Dec 2021 18:16

Zip
Hound
Zip

sounds a prospect

Yep that’s the boy. He was really their only threat. Every time he got the ball we were concerned.

Zipper Sniffer were you in the ED stand Saturday?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 18:19

leon
Zip
Hound

sounds a prospect

Zipper Sniffer were you in the ED stand Saturday?

Yes ya daft pcunt. I have answered this on the BFTG thread and mentioned where I was sitting. Perhaps ask me again on the politics thread leonskov.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2021 19:50

Also noticed Lewis Potter causing problems as well as Honeyman