Barney
Simmops We should boycott the game and protest

DO IT THEN !!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I AM!!!!!

At some point

Hiram K Hackenbacker

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h)

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 18 Jan 2022 15:03

blythspartan I shall go to this one but expecting another defeat. I still get a buzz driving to the games but the hope has been well and truly knocked out of me. I’d love to witness a 3 - 0 to Reading but have no faith in Pauno anymore and his ability to motivate the players.

I agree

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Jan 2022 15:25

I'm going to turn up to the game with a post-it note attached to my coat that says "I am not a supporter of Pauno and would rather he is placed on garden leave or something" in my own handwriting. The owners can't ignore that.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 16:33

An awkward fixture, one where on paper definitely looks winnable but then in practice looks like one we could easily go in front in and then lose like the theme has been all season. I've still got the belief the team can pull through for a 2-1 win in the end.

Regardless of the rumours on Pauno and him staying until the end of the season, if we don't win tomorrow that's 7 without a win and 7 home games without a win, surely the board have to action at some point?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Jan 2022 16:42

Looking forward to it. Back the boys and make some noise.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Jan 2022 17:25

Apologies if covered somewhere else, but why have we re-arranged these two home games now when we still have loads of injuries and no full backs?

It can't be first available date as there's hardly any re-arranged games this week in a midweek free of scheduled games...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2022 17:29

Mid Sussex Royal Apologies if covered somewhere else, but why have we re-arranged these two home games now when we still have loads of injuries and no full backs?

It can't be first available date as there's hardly any re-arranged games this week in a midweek free of scheduled games...

It would have to be agreed between the two clubs and probably EFL would want it played ASAP, for fear of clubs taking the piss. Otherwise we would rearrange it to March onwards when players are likely to be back.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Jan 2022 17:39

Sadly I won't be there tomorrow but I will follow the match with interest. It is hard to see anything but a poor result what with all the issues behind the scenes and so many injuries. A lot might depend on how the players feel about Moore's treatment. If they are peeved, it will be very hard for the manager to motivate them. If on the other hand Moore is not popular within the squad (anyone's guess what the truth is) then perhaps it will bring the squad together. But knowing the unpredictability of football RFC will surprise us all and win 3-0!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Jan 2022 17:44

Mid Sussex Royal Apologies if covered somewhere else, but why have we re-arranged these two home games now when we still have loads of injuries and no full backs?

I agree with this. It certainly struck me as very odd that we agreed to play the Fulham and Luton games in January when we have so many players out. Surely it would have been better to defer them as long as possible. I see Peterborough have deferred their home game with Luton until 5th April.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 18 Jan 2022 18:02

I will be there tomorrow night (ST holder). I can almost stomach a loss just as long as we show some fight and spirit.
What I can't stand is not giving 100%. You can't, and won't, win every game....but at least put total effort and commitment into it.
Am actually looking forward to these next two home games (which I know makes me highly unpopular on here !) but this is what
football is all about,
The ups and downs. That is what it is all about. Ignoring 1971 (was JUST starting to go) i have LOVED 8 promotions and HATED 6 relegations.
The South Bank, the smell of wee-wee where i stood, Charlie Hurley's blue and white army (Cambridge away). 7 promotions and relegations between 1976 and 1988 (The newbies on here would be having kittens) McGhee's team. Leaving Elm Park. Tommy Burns (RIP) bringing in SEVEN new players in one day, Pardew's team, Leicester away. Our Brian.

That's football. I will always LOVE RFC. Tough at the moment....but like I say, that is football.

Genuine, Reading till I die.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Jan 2022 19:19

Barney I will be there tomorrow night (ST holder). I can almost stomach a loss just as long as we show some fight and spirit.
What I can't stand is not giving 100%. You can't, and won't, win every game....but at least put total effort and commitment into it.
Am actually looking forward to these next two home games (which I know makes me highly unpopular on here !) but this is what
football is all about,
The ups and downs. That is what it is all about. Ignoring 1971 (was JUST starting to go) i have LOVED 8 promotions and HATED 6 relegations.
The South Bank, the smell of wee-wee where i stood, Charlie Hurley's blue and white army (Cambridge away). 7 promotions and relegations between 1976 and 1988 (The newbies on here would be having kittens) McGhee's team. Leaving Elm Park. Tommy Burns (RIP) bringing in SEVEN new players in one day, Pardew's team, Leicester away. Our Brian.

That's football. I will always LOVE RFC. Tough at the moment....but like I say, that is football.

A good post.

Were you at Elm Park when we beat Aldershot 4 0 in the 1978/79 season. I think it was bank holiday Monday over the Easter period from memory. Maurice Evans blue and white army, one of my favourite teams.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jan 2022 19:26

My son and I will be there tomorrow night. Not looking forward to the team news.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Jan 2022 19:49

Barney I will be there tomorrow night (ST holder). I can almost stomach a loss just as long as we show some fight and spirit.
football is all about,

I bet you sit in Club1871

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Jan 2022 19:50

I'm boycotting tomorrow and hope we lose

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jan 2022 20:03

Simmops I'm boycotting tomorrow and hope we lose

Lost one of our most loyal fans, how much lower can we sink? fold the club.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2022 20:42

Zip My son and I will be there tomorrow night. Not looking forward to the team news.

Frightened you might get a call up?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 20:46

andrew1957

I agree with this. It certainly struck me as very odd that we agreed to play the Fulham and Luton games in January when we have so many players out. Surely it would have been better to defer them as long as possible. I see Peterborough have deferred their home game with Luton until 5th April.

Yep weird. Esp as we’ll prob have as many out tomorrow as we may have had for the first game

Think we’ve been a bit nice tbh.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 18 Jan 2022 20:52

Seeing Blythspartan ask , ‘were you there in 1978/9 when we beat Aldershot 4-0 ‘ . Leads me to ask ‘ were you there you at Elm Park for the first match of the season when Aldershot beat us 6-0 ( might have been 6-1 ) , around 1951 or so , I think ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Jan 2022 21:06

Vision
Zip My son and I will be there tomorrow night. Not looking forward to the team news.

Every Reading fan should be frightened if I get a call up.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Jan 2022 21:09

Zip
Vision

Every Reading fan should be frightened if I get a call up.

Weighs up alternatives....... I wouldn't be so sure Zip.

438 posts