MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by Zip » 28 Dec 2021 12:09

Kitsondinho Our dear friend at Talkox***d Adrian Durham seems to want us to get points deducted for postponing another game….
Why would he, as a Peterboro fan, want that to happen?!? :shock: :roll:

We certainly are not the only team doing this but another postponement beyond this would be unjustified.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2021 13:16

Zip
Kitsondinho Our dear friend at Talkox***d Adrian Durham seems to want us to get points deducted for postponing another game….

We certainly are not the only team doing this but another postponement beyond this would be unjustified.

Tbf we don’t know the exact situation. For all we know it might be worse now than it was a week ago

But suspect enough will have cleared out by the time Derby comes around

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Dec 2021 14:13

Zip

Not if we are left with less than 14 available players it wouldn't be but I would be surprised if that were the case. Remember, we aren't just postponing these unilaterally, we have to get permission from the EFL to do so.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Dec 2021 14:17

Stranded
Zip

Not if we are left with less than 14 available players it wouldn't be but I would be surprised if that were the case. Remember, we aren't just postponing these unilaterally, we have to get permission from the EFL to do so.

I know but how long does it take a young, fit sportsman to get over covid? If they have been jabbed twice then I would have thought they should be fine a couple of weeks down the line....by the time of the Derby game it will have been around three weeks since the initial outbreak.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Dec 2021 15:09

Zip
Stranded
Zip

I know but how long does it take a young, fit sportsman to get over covid? If they have been jabbed twice then I would have thought they should be fine a couple of weeks down the line....by the time of the Derby game it will have been around three weeks since the initial outbreak.

Who knows? Young fit people have died of it, so impossible to put a blanket over it. Some may develop long COVID that could even end their career. Every person is impacted differently by it after all.

I would be very surprised if the Derby game isn't on given it is 6 more days away but we'll have to see - it is possible to still test positive after the initial 10 days and with the squad being relatively small and all the injuries, we only need 3 or 4 players to be unavailable for it to be an issue.

Then of course come Jan, we will likely lose Yiadom, Rahman and possibly Carroll so we will be walking an even thinner tightrope than now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Dec 2021 16:06

Zip
Stranded
Zip

In some cases they can take months, never or die.

Perfectly plausible that we have a rolling outbreak and it could slowly work through the whole squad. So those originally infected are clear, but now others have it.

It'll be over when it's over, not just because some people think it should be already.

Besides, with our medical team I expect mild cold symptoms last about 6 weeks.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Dec 2021 18:26

Snowflake Royal Besides, with our medical team I expect mild cold symptoms last about 6 weeks.

They've probably called the whole squad in to room to spend the whole day discussing how to avoid getting covid

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Dec 2021 18:31

tmesis
Snowflake Royal Besides, with our medical team I expect mild cold symptoms last about 6 weeks.

They've probably called the whole squad in to room to spend the whole day discussing how to avoid getting covid

My inside source has told me they don't agree with injections, so apply painkillers via ointment applied vigorously to the area by polo mallet.

It would explain why everyone is out with 'impact' injuries

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Dec 2021 17:35

Now Tuesday January 11th KO 8pm

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2021 17:38

Earned a mini chuckle that

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2022 09:10

Game now rescheduled for Tuesday 11 January 2022.

After the disgrace at Kidderminster the club now face one of the favourites for promotion hoping the return of a few of those players that were “dropped” (eg Swift, Carroll, Dann, Southwood, Moore) can dig the manager out of the ever deepening hole he finds himself in (presuming the owners don’t save on the risk of further injuries by doing that for them beforehand).

We all know how football works, so what’s the betting the abject tripe served up at Kidderminster and the appalling home form combine into the performance of the season and a comfortable home win?

And that’s about as upbeat as I think anyone can be.

Referee now to be Tony Harrington

27 Nov 21 > Swansea City 2-3 Reading
23 Oct 21 > Blackburn Rovers 2-0 Reading
10 Feb 21 > Reading 1-3 Brentford
12 Dec 20 > Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Reading
02 Nov 19 > Reading 2-1 Millwall
24 Aug 19 > Huddersfield Town 0-2 Reading
30 Mar 19 > Reading 2-1 Preston North End
23-Oct 18 > Birmingham City 2-1 Reading
24-Feb-18 > Reading 3-3 Derby County
16-Sep-18 > Brentford 1-1 Reading
21-Feb-17 > Huddersfield Town 1-0 Reading
10-Dec-16 > Reading 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday
06-Feb-16 > Reading 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
29-Sep-15 > Burnley 1-2 Reading
01-Oct-14 > Reading 0-0 Leeds United

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2022 09:42

Can`t wait or this one, what could possibly go wrong?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Jan 2022 10:04

Thanks for the update Sutekh

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Jan 2022 10:12

Not even sure I can be bothered after yesterdays shit show.

Probably drag myself along just for the laugh. It really has come to this!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 10:31

Er.. ?

...............Southwood
Tetek, Holmes, Dann, Bristow
........Drinkwater, Laurent
Halilovic, ...Swift, ...........Hoilett
...................Carroll

Boyce-Clarke, Stickland, Rinomhota, Bashiru, Puscas, Azeez, Ashcroft

We are going to get absolutely destroyed on the flanks.

How have we arrived at a situation where our only senior fullbacks are both at the ACON and we have SIX central midfielders, not including Ejaria, Osorio, Halilovic, Hoilett and Camara

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Jan 2022 10:35

I am going but I can see it being embarrassing tbh. I hope Pauno is shown the door beforehand.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 10:42

Snowflake Royal Er.. ?

...............Southwood

How have we arrived at a situation where our only senior fullbacks are both at the ACON and we have SIX central midfielders, not including Ejaria, Osorio, Halilovic, Hoilett and Camara

Halilovic is out for Tuesday’s game. No loss whatsoever. Dele-Bashiru will start.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 10:44

Zip
Snowflake Royal Er.. ?

...............Southwood

Halilovic is out for Tuesday’s game. No loss whatsoever. Dele-Bashiru will start.

May I remind you that Halilovic was one of the bright sparks when we actually won a few games.

Like saying Swift would be no loss because his last few games have been arse. We need every senior player we can get our hands on. Azeez has done nothing on return from injury either.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2022 10:48

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Er.. ?

...............Southwood

May I remind you that Halilovic was one of the bright sparks when we actually won a few games.

Like saying Swift would be no loss because his last few games have been arse. We need every senior player we can get our hands on. Azeez has done nothing on return from injury either.

No you can’t remind me. He has been dreadful in most of his games. He can’t even put in a tackle. To compare him with Swift is idiotic. He is a luxury we cannot afford in a relegation scrap.
Last edited by Zip on 09 Jan 2022 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jan 2022 10:48

:lol:

690 posts