MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by genome » 12 Jan 2022 11:45

Zip
tidus_mi2
genome Save for a couple of defeats to Man City in the cup and league, Southampton went on a really good run after that 9-0 home defeat a couple of years back, winning 8 out of 13 matches.

Point being - clearly some professional pride kicked in with their players after that. You'd hope our squad can do the same...

I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

The trouble is we simply don’t have a squad. We will have something like 14 out for Saturday’s game. I just cannot see where the next positive result is coming from.

Don't know what you're talking about Zip, our squad has been full of positive results

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 11:46

genome
Zip
tidus_mi2 I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

The trouble is we simply don’t have a squad. We will have something like 14 out for Saturday’s game. I just cannot see where the next positive result is coming from.

Don't know what you're talking about Zip, our squad has been full of positive results

Ovie incoming.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 12 Jan 2022 11:47

YorkshireRoyal99
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal No, he's not.

Blamed Tuesday on Araruna's injury. Blamed last night on Dann's.

Nothing in that list is vitriolic.

I'll add that he ignored concussion protocols and left a teenager on for the rest of the half.

He didn't blame the whole result on Scott Dann's injury. Any manager would be correct however to cite the injury of our most experienced defender as a contributor to a poor defensive performance. And I'd certainly expect any manager to mention it, when they have already lost countless centre-backs to injury this season.

Paunovic isn't in charge of concussion protocols. I look forward to you writing to RFC asking for the removal of the club doctor, who will have made the decision on the field.

Exactly this.

I agree

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 11:48

Zip
tidus_mi2
genome Save for a couple of defeats to Man City in the cup and league, Southampton went on a really good run after that 9-0 home defeat a couple of years back, winning 8 out of 13 matches.

Point being - clearly some professional pride kicked in with their players after that. You'd hope our squad can do the same...

I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

This.

We fcuked it when he had the players, now we don’t we have no chance.

And as far as league one goes, I don’t think we will be in it for very long. As others have mentioned look at the size of some of the clubs there. With the current state of the club, and the downward trajectory we find ourselves in, I think we are far more likely to get relegated to league two than we are get promoted back up.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 12 Jan 2022 11:51

CountryRoyal
Zip
tidus_mi2 I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

This.

And as far as league one goes, I don’t think we will be in it for very long. As others have mentioned look at the size of some of the clubs there. With the current state of the club, and the downward trajectory we find ourselves in, I think we are far more likely to get relegated to league two than we are get promoted back up.

I agree

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 11:51

CountryRoyal
Zip

This.

Yep we could easily be relegated again. We are such a mess.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Jan 2022 11:58

Zip
Jagermesiter1871
Zip
Then your views are meaningless.

But if I went to the match, had 10 pints, recall nothing except the bus journey there, my views would be relevant? Makes sense.

Strange response. You have nothing to offer here. You don’t attend games. You don’t even watch the games at home. I won’t be responding to your further posts as you don’t have anything valid to say about our current situation.You are posting in complete ignorance.

Ta ra love. “Waves”.

I was of course being facetious. I haven't missed a game either live or on TV this season. My point was you seemed to be equating those who attend live having a more valid opinion than those who simply watch the game at home. They don't.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 12:00

I wonder how quickly players will suddenly miraculously be fit again when Pauno goes.

IF the training has been unreasonably hard (as Brogue claims Chicago fans have warned us about) and IF he rubs a lot of players up the wrong way (that I've read Chicago fans complain of), it's quite possible some of the poor recovery might be down to him and I wouldn't be surprised if with a new man those with 'long covid' or 'still a bit of a niggle' find a bit of energy.

I'm admittedly clutching at straws to try to add some positivity to this shit situation, but it's a possibility at least.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2022 12:11

Not read through a lot but any indication on where Ejaria and Moore particularly are? Are they actually injured. Seems to have been very little said about either of them

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2022 12:12

Millsy I wonder how quickly players will suddenly miraculously be fit again when Pauno goes.

IF the training has been unreasonably hard (as Brogue claims Chicago fans have warned us about) and IF he rubs a lot of players up the wrong way (that I've read Chicago fans complain of), it's quite possible some of the poor recovery might be down to him and I wouldn't be surprised if with a new man those with 'long covid' or 'still a bit of a niggle' find a bit of energy.

I'm admittedly clutching at straws to try to add some positivity to this shit situation, but it's a possibility at least.

I have heard that some may suddenly become available the moment he's gone.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Jan 2022 12:13

Hound Not read through a lot but any indication on where Ejaria and Moore particularly are? Are they actually injured. Seems to have been very little said about either of them

I read that Moore is at the centre of some sort of racism row within the club. Ejaria is unvaccinated and keeps being in contact with people with COVID. Not sure how true either rumours are.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2022 12:16

NathStPaul
Hound Not read through a lot but any indication on where Ejaria and Moore particularly are? Are they actually injured. Seems to have been very little said about either of them

I read that Moore is at the centre of some sort of racism row within the club. Ejaria is unvaccinated and keeps being in contact with people with COVID. Not sure how true either rumours are.

Yeah that’s the little bits I’ve heard, along with Pauno’s mention of off the field issues which I’d guessed is related to the pair of them

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Jan 2022 12:18

Hound
NathStPaul

Yeah that’s the little bits I’ve heard, along with Pauno’s mention of off the field issues which I’d guessed is related to the pair of them

Just a complete mess from top to bottom, can't think of a single positive relating to the club at the moment.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 12:24

Pepe the Horseman
Millsy I wonder how quickly players will suddenly miraculously be fit again when Pauno goes.

I have heard that some may suddenly become available the moment he's gone.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised.

I know some people came back from U23s to senior squad on recent manager changes but I'm sure I remember players 'recovering from injury' out the blue too.

Almost no sleep last night, brain too frazzled to remember examples.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 12:27

NathStPaul
Hound
NathStPaul I read that Moore is at the centre of some sort of racism row within the club. Ejaria is unvaccinated and keeps being in contact with people with COVID. Not sure how true either rumours are.

Just a complete mess from top to bottom, can't think of a single positive relating to the club at the moment.

Ejarias covid test.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 12:28

If we do go down to L1 our first team would be gutted.

Who the oxf*rd would we even have to play games? Genuibly wouldn't be good enough for league 2 the team

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 12:30

Simmops If we do go down to L1 our first team would be gutted.

I reckon the rest of the squad would be quite upset too not just the first team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2022 12:35

:lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 12:54

Millsy

I reckon the rest of the squad would be quite upset too not just the first team.

That was funny :lol:

I meant gutted like raided

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 13:08

Simmops
Millsy

That was funny :lol:

I meant gutted like raided

:wink: :lol:

690 posts