MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Jan 2022 13:10

It's odd how i'm now checking the news waiting for two different people to either resign or be fired . . . .

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jan 2022 13:14

We've bemoaned how bad our away midweek record is. But since 2018/19 our home record is nearly as dire in the league.

Played 27:

Won 7
Drawn 3
Lost 17

So in the past 3 seasons we've lost 63% of our home games on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

That is absolutely disgusting.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2022 13:19

Royal_jimmy We've bemoaned how bad our away midweek record is. But since 2018/19 our home record is nearly as dire in the league.

Played 27:

Won 7
Drawn 3
Lost 17

So in the past 3 seasons we've lost 63% of our home games on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Nuts but fully believable

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 12 Jan 2022 13:30

Spoke with a few Chicago Fire supporters last night who lol’d at our current predicament and mentioned that Paunovic got the club into the MLS playoffs but ultimately got stuffed 4-0 at home, attempted to convert Bastian Schweinsteiger into a centre back and also made note of the infamous soup story.

Didn’t know how much to make of their comments but they felt quite strongly that Pauno was an absolute car crash.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2022 13:44

Hound
Royal_jimmy We've bemoaned how bad our away midweek record is. But since 2018/19 our home record is nearly as dire in the league.

Played 27:

Won 7
Drawn 3
Lost 17

Nuts but fully believable

You have to :lol: but when you consider midweek games were sometimes the highlight of a season, esp at Elm Park, due to the perception of a better atmosphere, let alone usually being good entertaining games, that really is depressing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 13:53

Hound
NathStPaul
Hound Not read through a lot but any indication on where Ejaria and Moore particularly are? Are they actually injured. Seems to have been very little said about either of them

I read that Moore is at the centre of some sort of racism row within the club. Ejaria is unvaccinated and keeps being in contact with people with COVID. Not sure how true either rumours are.

Yeah that’s the little bits I’ve heard, along with Pauno’s mention of off the field issues which I’d guessed is related to the pair of them

Ejaria is covid positive from what I thought Pauno said post match.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Jan 2022 14:54

The other thing that has pee'd me off about last night - the amount of people, people i have not heard from in weeks, months and in one case a year who have contacted me through facebook or text saying....

"go to the game last night?"
"whats happened to Reading FC"
"why dont you support a proper team"
"This bloke is worse than Bullivant"

and repeat

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jan 2022 14:58

Played 27:

Won 7
Drawn 3
Lost 17

Surely thats all midweek games not just home?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Jan 2022 15:00

paultheroyal The other thing that has pee'd me off about last night - the amount of people, people i have not heard from in weeks, months and in one case a year who have contacted me through facebook or text saying....

"go to the game last night?"
"whats happened to Reading FC"
"why dont you support a proper team"
"This bloke is worse than Bullivant"

and repeat

Had a similar experience, although I do talk to these guys regularly, they never really talk to me about Reading.

"This would have had (Seven) written out on Final Score"

No one really had a comeback once I pointed out it wasn't even the first time Fulham had scored 7 this season!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Jan 2022 15:01

windermereROYAL

Played 27:

Won 7
Drawn 3
Lost 17

Surely thats all midweek games not just home?

No that's home games only.

We have only won 1 game at home midweek from 6 I think which was against Posh all season. And guess what Stoke and Luton at home are midweek too :x

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jan 2022 15:35

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
YorkshireRoyal99 We haven't had an out and out winger since Mo Barrow really. I still can't quite work out why we didn't keep him as he was electric and would score important goals for us, he was a good player. Must have been wanting to move on and potentially wages as well.

McCleary, Kebe and McAnuff were probably the one's from the past. I know McCleary only left recently but he was on the fringes during his last couple of seasons.

I always thought Barrow was as much a problem as he was an answer. By all accounts, his attitude was really poor and the way he’s jumped from club to club probably supports that. Doesn’t take away how important his goals were in the couple of seasons he was here but he wasn’t the sort of character you’d keep around for long term success. Beerens was another winger too who made a positive contribution until Stam thought he was a ST and he seems mentally shot from then on in. Was a lot of split opinions on him though

And yeah, whilst I’ve repeatedly called for them to be signed, can fully accept we have signed plenty of duds there recently, Popa, Sims, Masika etc etc

Now if zip wants a player who REALLY couldn’t tackle there's Mo Barrow. :lol:

I still remember Moore having to literally physically drag him into position from an oppo goal kick because he was so utterly clueless about the defensive or teamwork side of the game

Normally agree with a fair amount of what Zip says but think he’s harsh on Halilovic. He’s a little careless with his passes but he plays at a higher tempo than almost any of the other midfielders. Whilst he isn’t a world beater, I think we’re a better team with him than without

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 15:59

At least Hal apologised for last night.

Easy when you're not involved though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 16:21

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
I always thought Barrow was as much a problem as he was an answer. By all accounts, his attitude was really poor and the way he’s jumped from club to club probably supports that. Doesn’t take away how important his goals were in the couple of seasons he was here but he wasn’t the sort of character you’d keep around for long term success. Beerens was another winger too who made a positive contribution until Stam thought he was a ST and he seems mentally shot from then on in. Was a lot of split opinions on him though

And yeah, whilst I’ve repeatedly called for them to be signed, can fully accept we have signed plenty of duds there recently, Popa, Sims, Masika etc etc

I still remember Moore having to literally physically drag him into position from an oppo goal kick because he was so utterly clueless about the defensive or teamwork side of the game

Normally agree with a fair amount of what Zip says but think he’s harsh on Halilovic. He’s a little careless with his passes but he plays at a higher tempo than almost any of the other midfielders. Whilst he isn’t a world beater, I think we’re a better team with him than without

He was great before his injury and disappointing since.

He and Swift played well together to start, so maybe the issue is Swift's form falling off a cliff.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 16:29

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

You should be agreeing with EVERYTHING I have to say young man. He does play at a higher tempo than any of our other midfielders which in truth isn’t difficult but apart from Fulham away I’m struggling to think of a game he has played well in. In a better side he would be ok but right now he isn’t what we need.
We desperately lack ball winners in midfield. We are physically very weak in that area.

Re Swift. Boy has his form dropped off. Hard to believe the player I have watched in our last three home games is the same player from Autumn.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 16:47

Yeah Swift either bugger off now to give the likes of Camara a chance or continue to pretend to give a f**k while you're here please.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2022 17:03

Zip
Hound
NathStPaul I read that Moore is at the centre of some sort of racism row within the club. Ejaria is unvaccinated and keeps being in contact with people with COVID. Not sure how true either rumours are.

Yeah that’s the little bits I’ve heard, along with Pauno’s mention of off the field issues which I’d guessed is related to the pair of them

Then unless unwell should be back by Saturday? Don’t know the rules nowadays but if he has Covid now would he have to keep isolating if he has not been vaccinated?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 17:14

34 pages must be a record for a match thread surely?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2022 17:20

Hound
Zip
Hound

Then unless unwell should be back by Saturday? Don’t know the rules nowadays but if he has Covid now would he have to keep isolating if he has not been vaccinated?

The way I understood what VP said last night was that Ejaria had had Covid but was also recovering from an injury. He didn't give any impression that he would be back for Saturday and Dim Tellor was too keen to keep pushing the question as to whether he'd been vaccinated to think to ask whether he'd be fit for Saturday!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 17:32

tbf I'd rather know if he's been vaxxed than if he's fit for sat

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 17:36

Hound
Zip
Hound

People said Pauno said he was struggling to recover. Not about isolation.

From which you can deduce either he's unlucky, or he wasn't vaxxed.

Could be either tbf. My colleague's wife, fully vaxed - late 20s - was unwell but not awful. Still having breathing difficulties weeks on and went to hospital with a blood clot on her lungs, coughing up blood last week. Probable long covid.

690 posts