MATCHWATCH : Kidderminster Harriers (a)

404 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Kidderminster Harriers (a)

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2022 09:00

Lower West
Royal_jimmy Can we lose so Pauno is sacked? Rather concentrate on the league anyway

The money from a cup run would come in handy .......

True - it's hardly ground breaking money but it will certainly help offset losses. If we win on Saturday, worth 82k in prize money, 4th round is 90k.

So if we can win, get a decent tie in the 4th round before bowing out to say a Liverpool or Man City at home in the 5th round with a sell out, then that can only be a good thing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2022 09:29

I'd agree I wouldn't want to dismiss the cup, the extra capital it generates will be useful for the club and if we do pull a big draw and go on a decent cup run this season then it will attract bigger crowds and more money. I obviously wouldn't want a good cup to come at the expense of our league position given that is precarious at the moment but in fairness the 3rd and 4th rounds are both being played in January so it can't hurt us to play strong sides in both rounds to make sure we get through and hopefully draw a big tie.

I think it's important to play a strong team, particularly here as getting back to winning ways is important despite the opposition and the extra match fitness for our regular players as well as hopefully being able to bring 1/2 more players back into contention (depending on their injury/Covid situations) is important as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2022 12:17

Just think, if we'd put out a decent side and gone through last year, we could have afforded a whole extra 2 - 4 weeks of Liam Moore!!!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Jan 2022 23:41

YorkshireRoyal99 I think it's important to play a strong team, particularly here as getting back to winning ways is important despite the opposition and the extra match fitness for our regular players as well as hopefully being able to bring 1/2 more players back into contention (depending on their injury/Covid situations) is important as well.

Yep. We have two wins in two and a half months.

Anything that that can bring a bit of confidence back into the team will be a bonus. I really don't see how losing to a team from the 6th tier of the game will help us in any way.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2022 13:13

tmesis
YorkshireRoyal99 I think it's important to play a strong team, particularly here as getting back to winning ways is important despite the opposition and the extra match fitness for our regular players as well as hopefully being able to bring 1/2 more players back into contention (depending on their injury/Covid situations) is important as well.

Anything that that can bring a bit of confidence back into the team will be a bonus. I really don't see how losing to a team from the 6th tier of the game will help us in any way.

Not quite the same as they were in League Two but recall us going with a strong side to Stevenage a few years back in the hope it would revamp our season. If anything, that was the game when fans really started to turn against Stam and the team

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2022 14:49

URZZZZ
tmesis

Not quite the same as they were in League Two but recall us going with a strong side to Stevenage a few years back in the hope it would revamp our season. If anything, that was the game when fans really started to turn against Stam and the team

Was that the game when McShane blew up at the fans? And Gunter had to apologise as they stormed off the pitch or something? IIR, we had zero shots in the first half hence why it turned ugly

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Jan 2022 17:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59840727

Article on BBC Site about Kidderminster preparations for Saturday.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2022 18:18

Shame that the BBC (et-al) couldn’t be arsed to show the (potentially ‘giant-killing’) game.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2022 18:41

AthleticoSpizz Shame that the BBC (et-al) couldn’t be arsed to show the (potentially ‘giant-killing’) game.

Man City are falling like flies. Not asking for a postponement. Perhaps the right game is being televised. :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2022 18:42

Citeh have about a dozen ‘first teams’

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Jan 2022 18:43

From Pauno's comments, it looks like a team fielded of mostly U23'S !!! The guy is walking on thin ice and can ill afford a defeat to the lowest ranked team left in the competition!!
Kiddy will be up for this and would give our full side a tough game. Nailed on embarrassing defeat for me.
I remember getting knocked out by Non-League Colchester back in the 90s, i was posted in Colchester (Army) at the time and got some right stick from my Colchester supporting buddies :oops: pretty hard to take.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Jan 2022 18:55

Hendon/Welling/BIshops Stortford and co was first/second round when we were 3rd and 4th tier.

We do need to slow it down and keep the ball, absolutely. If we play like we did re Derby ie pub football banging it long up to Carroll for 90 mins we have more chance of losing

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jan 2022 19:22

We have appeared on a half and half scarf. We are officially massive.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Jan 2022 19:37

Rotating the team when we are struggling to put 11 players on the park can only mean one thing, I`m fukking sick to the back teeth of managers treating our premier cup competition with distain.
Pauno has previous , he can just piss the fukk off if/when we lose and will be all over the back pages of the Sunday newspapers.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jan 2022 20:44

Winston Biscuit We have appeared on a half and half scarf. We are officially massive.

ROFL....

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Jan 2022 20:47

Winston Biscuit We have appeared on a half and half scarf. We are officially massive.

This is all going to end in tears!!! :cry:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jan 2022 20:48

windermereROYAL Rotating the team when we are struggling to put 11 players on the park can only mean one thing, I`m fukking sick to the back teeth of managers treating our premier cup competition with distain.
Pauno has previous , he can just piss the fukk off if/when we lose and will be all over the back pages of the Sunday newspapers.

He said we weren't match ready or fit because of the break from games on BBCRB. If that's the case he can f*cking well field a strong team....there's no excuse.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Jan 2022 21:42

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL Rotating the team when we are struggling to put 11 players on the park can only mean one thing, I`m fukking sick to the back teeth of managers treating our premier cup competition with distain.

He said we weren't match ready or fit because of the break from games on BBCRB. If that's the case he can f*cking well field a strong team....there's no excuse.

Hi Ascot,
I'm sick of this "Not fit enough" to many injuries lark...I'm a 24yr Army Veteran and trust me when attached with the infantry we were doing fitness all the time, and I mean intense fitness!! I also played Saturday league amateur football as well as football during the week representing the Battalion, as well as two evening training sessions.
You know what, I don't think I never got any muscle related injuries ever!! sure i got some impact injuries, that's to be expected.
We also were pretty lucky and got some decent annual leave in as well, some times 2,3 maybe 4 weeks worth and we survived just fine and picked up where we left off fitness wise.
The German Bundesliga teams take a months Winter break, and you don't see them crying when they get back cos they're unfit!!
I'm sorry, these guys are supposed to be elite sportsman who have a team of staff around them keeping them in tip top condition!! yet they complain about two or three games a week!! and not being ready...if i was on their wages with all the playing bonuses they get you wouldn't be able to drag me off the pitch.
Sometimes when the going gets tough and results are going against you then fitness seems like an easy excuse!! and they seem to forget the opposing team are under the exact same situation....come on, suck it up buttercups, and Pauno, stop making excuses and pick a full team and give the FA Cup the respect it deserves!!!!!!!!!!!

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 06 Jan 2022 23:58

Stranded
Lower West
Royal_jimmy Can we lose so Pauno is sacked? Rather concentrate on the league anyway

The money from a cup run would come in handy .......

True - it's hardly ground breaking money but it will certainly help offset losses. If we win on Saturday, worth 82k in prize money, 4th round is 90k.

So if we can win, get a decent tie in the 4th round before bowing out to say a Liverpool or Man City at home in the 5th round with a sell out, then that can only be a good thing.

Pays for the weekly wage for carroll

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 07 Jan 2022 00:01

Crowbar6753
Ascotexgunner

Hi Ascot,
I'm sick of this "Not fit enough" to many injuries lark...I'm a 24yr Army Veteran and trust me when attached with the infantry we were doing fitness all the time, and I mean intense fitness!! I also played Saturday league amateur football as well as football during the week representing the Battalion, as well as two evening training sessions.
You know what, I don't think I never got any muscle related injuries ever!! sure i got some impact injuries, that's to be expected.
We also were pretty lucky and got some decent annual leave in as well, some times 2,3 maybe 4 weeks worth and we survived just fine and picked up where we left off fitness wise.
The German Bundesliga teams take a months Winter break, and you don't see them crying when they get back cos they're unfit!!
I'm sorry, these guys are supposed to be elite sportsman who have a team of staff around them keeping them in tip top condition!! yet they complain about two or three games a week!! and not being ready...if i was on their wages with all the playing bonuses they get you wouldn't be able to drag me off the pitch.
Sometimes when the going gets tough and results are going against you then fitness seems like an easy excuse!! and they seem to forget the opposing team are under the exact same situation....come on, suck it up buttercups, and Pauno, stop making excuses and pick a full team and give the FA Cup the respect it deserves!!!!!!!!!!!

So true, if I was good enough I’d play for free. But obvious id need to get paid to live lol. But the idea it’s a dream to play pro football.

404 posts