Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

328 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by Hound » 13 Jan 2022 13:34

Snowflake Royal
Once upon a time . This bit about him rushing players back doesn’t seem to fit with the length of time players are out ‘ injured ‘ , and the period of time before Dann was put in the team , weeks after his training partner was playing for Bournemouth !
He just can’t get it right !

I just posted something on another thread explaining why it may exactly do that.

Maybe the set backs are from players being asked to do too much in training too soon, so they never get fit enough to make a return in the first place.

Would explain why Rino was two weeks away for 3 months.

yeah possibly. Or not being pushed hard enough before playing matches, where suddenly they get exposed

There are plenty of possibilities and complexities, but I think in summary the management and coaches need to take at least a proportion of the responsibility. Obvs been some bad luck (ie Joao, McIntyre initially) along the way as well which feeds in.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2022 13:36

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal Yep. Impact injury excuse just looks farcical at this point.

Azeez has now broken down three times on return.

The fact the same player keeps breaking down suggests that player has a problem not the manager. Some people's bodies aren't cut out for top level sport and they only find out about it when they reach the top level of intensity.

I know everyone wants a reason for everything because it makes them feel better if they can blame everything on something.

It is also possible that Reading's current crop of players are injury prone.

That's more likely than a recently qualified manager has strange coaching tactics that injure players.

It's not just one player. It suggests they're being rushed back too soon.

Might that have something to do with a long injury list forcing players back early or playing with injuries, thus adding to the injury crisis

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jan 2022 16:39

Lets just face it there is only one manager out there that would consider the job that we would all be happy to have a go at making something at the club and that is Gareth Ainsworth. I have not seen anyone say they would not want him.

If Mcdermott would want the DOF role aswell even better, I am sure noone could think of anyone better for the role.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jan 2022 17:03

A lot has been said that there probably aren't many options that would come in and do better given the clubs situation at the moment and even though I do agree that we won't be significantly better off under a new manager than under Pauno, I still feel as if any sort of new manager bounce even for a couple of games might prove to be the difference, especially with a pretty decent fixture list in February as well all things considered.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 13:22

linkenholtroyal Lets just face it there is only one manager out there that would consider the job that we would all be happy to have a go at making something at the club and that is Gareth Ainsworth. I have not seen anyone say they would not want him.

If Mcdermott would want the DOF role aswell even better, I am sure noone could think of anyone better for the role.

Why would we all be happy with a guy whose only success is doing well at far smaller club in a lower division, which includes getting promoted by a Covid points formula?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:34

Snowflake Royal
linkenholtroyal Lets just face it there is only one manager out there that would consider the job that we would all be happy to have a go at making something at the club and that is Gareth Ainsworth. I have not seen anyone say they would not want him.

Why would we all be happy with a guy whose only success is doing well at far smaller club in a lower division, which includes getting promoted by a Covid points formula?

I'm at the point where I'd be happy with Dai getting his fat arse on the touch line and managing the team himself, Pauno will take us down and I'm fed up with watching his smug face and listening to his shit American-y accent make excuses for being incompetent.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2022 18:00

I believe if Pauno stays we are relegated and if he goes we have a chance. I am oxf*rd fed up with hearing him regurgitating the same old shit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 18:01

blythspartan I believe if Pauno stays we are relegated and if he goes we have a chance. I am oxf*rd fed up with hearing him regurgitating the same old shit.

Dumb fcuk could see us relegated and still say "I believe we have a chance" fcuking fcuk face.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 22:44

CountryRoyal
blythspartan I believe if Pauno stays we are relegated and if he goes we have a chance. I am oxf*rd fed up with hearing him regurgitating the same old shit.

Dumb fcuk could see us relegated and still say "I believe we have a chance" fcuking fcuk face.

Nice avatar

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 22:45

I’d even take Bilbo Baggins at this stage.
Last edited by Zip on 15 Jan 2022 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 22:46

SouthDownsRoyal
CountryRoyal

Nice avatar

Aww nice of you notice x

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 22:53

Zip I’d even take Bilbo Baggins at this stage.

Good in a tight spot. Calm under pressure. Quick witted. Strong sense of right and wrong.

Could be a bit transparent at times though.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 08:40

The more I see of Derby the more I'd like us to consider Wayne Rooney.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 08:56

NathStPaul The more I see of Derby the more I'd like us to consider Wayne Rooney.

Zero chance of him coming here tbf

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jan 2022 09:21

NathStPaul The more I see of Derby the more I think Everton will consider Wayne Rooney.

Suggested amendment :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2022 10:37

Rather they considered VP.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Jan 2022 16:59

Snowflake Royal

I assume you would prefer one of the failed championship managers everyone goes on about.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 17:02

linkenholtroyal
Snowflake Royal

I assume you would prefer one of the failed championship managers everyone goes on about.

Someone who has managed at least two different clubs would be a start.

Championship experience, and or experience with a club with similar size / resources / budget would also help.

Championship success would be great.

Not fussed about the odd failure. Most managers have some of those if they've been round the block a few times.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Jan 2022 11:10

So, if the reason we are not going to sack Pauno is financial then is there anybody already on the payroll that could replace him as this would not affect the budget? Pauno then gets his wage until the end of the season but is put on gardening leave so no pay-off required.

What calibre are his backroom staff - I assume they already have coaching badges? Problem is they could be more of the same as they are evidently a part of the existing problem but go along with Pauno as he is the boss.

Are there any up and coming coaches in the Academy set-up who could be promoted to either manager or backroom staff?

What about players - do any of the senior members have their coaching badges or a urge to get more involved in training and possibly the psychology of playing/winning?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jan 2022 11:15

Rather have Gilkes til the end of the season if finance is the blocker for Pauno being sacked

328 posts