MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

295 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2022 10:08

windermereROYAL
Once upon a time . Just hope Carroll stays fit .

Doesn`t matter, highly likely to be his last game or us.

He meant fanciable.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 14 Jan 2022 11:12

Genuine question....do the players/staff etc fly to places like Middlesboro ?, or do they endure what is a very very lengthy coach journey ?

I just wondered. As someone that ONCE took a coach to M'boro, it takes for ever PLUS a few hours. Just wondered whether under
all the financial constraints etc we are allowed to fly ?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2022 11:22

Barney Genuine question....do the players/staff etc fly to places like Middlesboro ?, or do they endure what is a very very lengthy coach journey ?

I just wondered. As someone that ONCE took a coach to M'boro, it takes for ever PLUS a few hours. Just wondered whether under

They will be up there overnight so I reckon probably coach. If they were going up and coming back the same day they'd probably fly.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jan 2022 12:32

Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a comfortable/comprehensive win for Boro here. Probably 2/3-0 if I'm honest. We are in no sort of shape at the moment, be it with the discontent with the club, the manager underfire and the missing players etc.

All I can think of here is that any sort of defeat surely MUST be the end for Pauno. I am hoping the board have been using this time to line up his replacement ahead of Luton during the week. I don't agree with changing the manager behind his own back personally, but if that's what we are doing to get ourselves in good shape for a more winnable fixture then I would be more lenient.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2022 12:35

YorkshireRoyal99 Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a comfortable/comprehensive win for Boro here. Probably 2/3-0 if I'm honest. We are in no sort of shape at the moment, be it with the discontent with the club, the manager underfire and the missing players etc.

All I can think of here is that any sort of defeat surely MUST be the end for Pauno. I am hoping the board have been using this time to line up his replacement ahead of Luton during the week. I don't agree with changing the manager behind his own back personally, but if that's what we are doing to get ourselves in good shape for a more winnable fixture then I would be more lenient.

He won't be going anywhere, if he was he'd have gone by now. The very best that will happen is Paunovic will go and his assistant will take over along with Gilkes I'd guess. The club aren't going to pay out a few hundred thousand when all the coaching staff are out of contract this summer imo. They will just hope we have enough to stay up then make the changes at the end of the season I reckon.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 13:01

anything better than 0-3 will be some sort of success tbh

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jan 2022 13:48

Joao is on the coach to Boro!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jan 2022 13:54

Mid Sussex Royal Joao is on the coach to Boro!

Don't get my hopes up.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Jan 2022 14:12

The seat opposite has been left empty for the return journey to keep his leg straight and elevated.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jan 2022 14:45

tidus_mi2

Don't get my hopes up.

Pics on Insta

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jan 2022 14:58

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99 Unfortunately I can't see anything other than a comfortable/comprehensive win for Boro here. Probably 2/3-0 if I'm honest. We are in no sort of shape at the moment, be it with the discontent with the club, the manager underfire and the missing players etc.

He won't be going anywhere, if he was he'd have gone by now. The very best that will happen is Paunovic will go and his assistant will take over along with Gilkes I'd guess. The club aren't going to pay out a few hundred thousand when all the coaching staff are out of contract this summer imo. They will just hope we have enough to stay up then make the changes at the end of the season I reckon.

If it meant at the cost of going down as opposed to staying up, then I think they would do. But I do know what you're saying, it would have happened by now if it was to happen.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 14 Jan 2022 17:29

Normally fly from Farnborough for Northern games (Or did)

NathStPaul
Barney Genuine question....do the players/staff etc fly to places like Middlesboro ?, or do they endure what is a very very lengthy coach journey ?

They will be up there overnight so I reckon probably coach. If they were going up and coming back the same day they'd probably fly.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2022 17:34

Royality creeps In Normally fly from Farnborough for Northern games (Or did)

NathStPaul

They definitely went on the coach. Not sure they deserve air travel, would rather they walked up there to be honest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2022 19:25

Thought they cut out the flying when the parachute payments dried up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2022 19:34

Snowflake Royal Thought they cut out the flying when the parachute payments dried up.

i thought the EFL then ran some sort of pilot scheme to help with travel costs.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 14 Jan 2022 20:49

Snowflake Royal Thought they cut out the flying when the parachute payments dried up.

Ho ho, it's the way you tell em.
Wouldn't want to be flying out of Farnborough without a parachute.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Jan 2022 22:41

I am afraid I can only see another heavy defeat but I am hoping for a 1-0 smash and grab win.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 10:22

Next reason why Reading will lose this one, previous record v Chris Wilder teams (ok, so that means Sheff U)

21 Oct 17 - Sheff U 2-1 Reading
27 Feb 18 - Reading 1-3 Sheff U
08 Dec 18 - Reading 0-2 Sheff U
16 Feb 19 - Sheff U 4-0 Reading
03 Mar 20 - Reading 1-2 Sheff U

That’s a record of P5 W0 D0 L5 F3 A13 so when the end comes to the run, and it will, savour it.
Last edited by Sutekh on 15 Jan 2022 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 11:05

I actually think we could surprise people in this one….

and get a shot on target.

All jokes aside, don’t think anything will hasten the departure of our beloved Pauno unfortunately, so best just hope we miraculously pick up enough points along the way to avoid the drop. Don’t really see it and certainly don’t see it starting today.

Well done to those travelling/check in with the doctors to see if you have a brain injury.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 12:56

Horsham Royal

Ho ho, it's the way you tell em.
Wouldn't want to be flying out of Farnborough without a parachute.

Believe it or not... that was unintentional. :oops:

295 posts