MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

295 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2022 19:20

Does anyone else find it strange that Yiadom missed quite a few matches recently - flies off to join up with Ghana and immediately plays 2 games this week.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 19:25

Royals and Racers Does anyone else find it strange that Yiadom missed quite a few matches recently - flies off to join up with Ghana and immediately plays 2 games this week.

It has been mentioned in my friend circles. f*cking stinks, no doubt when he comes back he will be carrying a knock.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 19:35

windermereROYAL
Royals and Racers Does anyone else find it strange that Yiadom missed quite a few matches recently - flies off to join up with Ghana and immediately plays 2 games this week.

It has been mentioned in my friend circles. f*cking stinks, no doubt when he comes back he will be carrying a knock.

Nobody in our team cares

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 15 Jan 2022 19:41

Sebastian the Red Feeling pretty good this evening about my decision nearly a decade ago to stop going or paying attention because football is for children

An odd sentiment for someone who posts on a football website. The phrase logical fallacy springs to mind

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 19:48

After stopping the boro jinx earlier this season we revert to type, 8 defeats an a draw in the last 10 now.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Jan 2022 19:48

BROB0T 8) ALOL

Imagine throwing away a lead late in a game...

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Jan 2022 19:55

Simmops
windermereROYAL

Nobody in our team cares

Can you qualify that statement please?

I was there (live in the midlands now off the A1 so I'm back home) and saw the reaction of the players at the end

The first goal was down in my opinion to Carroll and the second to a rookie left back who is at this time out of his depth

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 20:28

Mid Sussex Royal
Simmops
windermereROYAL

Nobody in our team cares

I was there (live in the midlands now off the A1 so I'm back home) and saw the reaction of the players at the end

The first goal was down in my opinion to Carroll and the second to a rookie left back who is at this time out of his depth

I was there too. They just don't care about the management like Derby do for example. No effort.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 15 Jan 2022 20:44

Mid Sussex Royal
Simmops
windermereROYAL

Nobody in our team cares

Bloke on Sky reporting just before half-time that 'Boro were all over us and it looked like just a matter of time before they scored.
Was that actually true in your view?
If so it was obviously not just failing in the last 10 minutes or so that did for us.

It feels worse when goals are given up near the end of a game but did we do much to try to score in that first half?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jan 2022 21:42

Just back from a horrendously foggy drive down south down most of the A1.

That was another very painful defeat. A better performance yes but same old shit and throwing away leads.

We deserve to go down and unless we get rid of Paunovic are relegation certs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2022 22:01

Yawn…

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 15 Jan 2022 22:09

Orion1871
BROB0T 8) ALOL

Imagine throwing away a lead late in a game...

8)

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 17 Jan 2022 08:28

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Sebastian the Red Feeling pretty good this evening about my decision nearly a decade ago to stop going or paying attention because football is for children

And spending time on an internet forum talking to strangers, about a game you don't care about, is a much more reasoned adult activity.

Seb just sometimes needs to come speak to us to refill his sense of superiority.

It's why I stick away from AE. There are some proper minds on there. But the Team Board is just... well... you're here.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 09:08

At least the performance in part was far better than what we saw during the week and the weekend, even though I expected. Rode our luck at times but hung on well and it was a far more gutsy performance, but it's the same old disappointing and frustrating outcome. Another game where we have lead and lost all the points. Surely we must be top of the table for points lost from winning positions this season?

The only solace other than the performance was the fact that Hull, Cardiff and Peterborough all lost as well, so it's just another game crossed off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 11:20

Sebastian the Red
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
And spending time on an internet forum talking to strangers, about a game you don't care about, is a much more reasoned adult activity.

Seb just sometimes needs to come speak to us to refill his sense of superiority.

It's why I stick away from AE. There are some proper minds on there. But the Team Board is just... well... you're here.

Sorry you're so insecure you need us to feel good.

You're fairly bright. Its a shame.

295 posts