by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:05

bloody Volvo driver un fvcking believable

Cov
Qpr
derby
Boro

6 points lost in injury time. Add in the debacle of Blackpool as well

Utter shi*e

Unfortunately bvd that’s the problem, it’s very fcuking believable, and very fcuking predictable. :x

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (a)

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 17:05

JimmytheJim We played really well for most of that game. A decent manager would have us mid table by the end of the season, no problem.

All the same a back 4 shored up with; a young promising but inexperienced central defender, 1 midfielder, 1 young inexperienced midfielder and a young defender who would appear to be struggling with the step up currently doesn’t exactly help the situation whoever the manager is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 17:05

Cov
Qpr
derby
Boro

Utter shi*e

Think Stoke was injury time too.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 17:06

I'm genuinely depressed

Never felt this down watching us play

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 17:06

Who couldn`t see that coming?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 17:06

Ascotexgunner Bristow was poor for the second. He needs to stand up.
Southwood poor again for their first. Looking very error prone all of a sudden.
Why oh why do we drop so deep. Just so f*cking obvious what was going to happen.

Bristow is a youngster who has been drafted in as third choice LB behind a CB and a loanee because we don't have a pot to piss in and found himself playing regularly in a side full of bottle jobs and losers.

He deserves very little criticism or demands to do better. He is playing above his capability and doing his best.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:07

Zip We could have an even weaker side out for Wednesday night with Carroll gone and Hoilett injured
We have to hope Derby don’t strengthen. They are doing remarkably well.

Joao back could be our only hope of staying up. With swift out of form he’s the only player we have capable of winning the game by himself.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2022 17:07

Sounds like we actually played pretty well and the stats look quite good

All certainly not lost. The inability to hold onto a lead is absolutely killing us though

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2022 17:08

Zip

Cov
Qpr
derby
Boro

Utter shi*e

Think Stoke was injury time too.

86th minute

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2022 17:08

CountryRoyal
Royal_jimmy Also I hope Bristow never plays for us again.

It’s not his fault he’s not up to it.

Bristow is absolutely bloody awful in defence and has been every time he's ever played. Like REALLY bad, beyond liability bad. Makes early Blackett and early Richards look good.

We say it's not his fault but all he does all day every day is train as a left back in a top academy and 20 isn't young. He's not 16!. How come everyone else at that level comes in and does a reasonable job for their position. Holmes did, Rino did, Olise did, Richards was shit but not this shit, McIntyre, Tetek, Clarke... the list goes on. Some like Camara just ooze class. He was ridiculously bad the whole game in defence even if he did well going forward.

Which makes me wonder what Pauno is doing if he can't see this - flipping well play Rino there or something I dunno.

Other than that, not an awful performance from Reading but oh well, typical Reading atm.
Last edited by Millsy on 15 Jan 2022 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:08

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner Bristow was poor for the second. He needs to stand up.
Southwood poor again for their first. Looking very error prone all of a sudden.
Why oh why do we drop so deep. Just so f*cking obvious what was going to happen.

Bristow is a youngster who has been drafted in as third choice LB behind a CB and a loanee because we don't have a pot to piss in and found himself playing regularly in a side full of bottle jobs and losers.

He deserves very little criticism or demands to do better. He is playing above his capability and doing his best.

Agreed.

He’s shit, but I’m hardly going to blame him for it. The fact he’s even involved is a joke. Basket case of a club.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jan 2022 17:09

Someone has just informed me that, if games finished at 80 minutes, we’d be 8th, even with the deduction.
That can’t be right, can it ?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Jan 2022 17:10

Very depressing, despite expecting nothing from the outset

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2022 17:11

I paid to listen to the commentary and thought that it was a much improved performance but we can’t hold onto a lead and that’s poor game management. I feel sorry for Bristow as he’s not ready for the first team but needs must.

The problem we have is Derby are playing like a playoff team and right now I’d back them to catch us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 17:13

Hound Sounds like we actually played pretty well and the stats look quite good

All certainly not lost. The inability to hold onto a lead is absolutely killing us though

Yeah, actually quite encouraged by that. Assuming we can get a few defenders fit, when the Ghanaians return we could actually have a decent side to show some form, providing the rot isn't too firmly set in.

...................Southwood
Yiadom, Holmes, Morrison, Rahman
...........Rinomhota, Laurent
Camara, .....Swift, ............Hoilett
.....................Joao

Is a pretty decent team, and we only need one injury return for it, assuming Hoilett was a mix of precautionary, minor and because he was already on a yellow, which I hope.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 17:14

blythspartan I paid to listen to the commentary and thought that it was a much improved performance but we can’t hold onto a lead and that’s poor game management. I feel sorry for Bristow as he’s not ready for the first team but needs must.

The problem we have is Derby are playing like a playoff team and right now I’d back them to catch us.

We have to hope Derby have ongoing buyer problems. Their squad seems to have been virtually injury free all season. We can’t go a single bloody game without another injury.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2022 17:16

Snowflake Royal

Yeah, actually quite encouraged by that. Assuming we can get a few defenders fit, when the Ghanaians return we could actually have a decent side to show some form, providing the rot isn't too firmly set in.

Is a pretty decent team, and we only need one injury return for it, assuming Hoilett was a mix of precautionary, minor and because he was already on a yellow, which I hope.

It’s likely to be s few weeks before our full backs return by which time some of the above will be injured.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2022 17:16

Zip
blythspartan I paid to listen to the commentary and thought that it was a much improved performance but we can’t hold onto a lead and that’s poor game management. I feel sorry for Bristow as he’s not ready for the first team but needs must.

We have to hope Derby have ongoing buyer problems. Their squad seems to have been virtually injury free all season. We can’t go a single bloody game without another injury.

Bit of chat on SSN suggesting they might need to sell some assets - ie Lawrence. Be interesting to see what this month holds for them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 17:17

Zip
Snowflake Royal

It’s likely to be s few weeks before our full backs return by which time some of the above will be injured.

That's ok if its Drinkwater. Utter turd of a player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2022 17:18

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Maybe the way things are going

Dunno what the hell is going on with the injuries but should have McIntyre, Moore, Ejaria, Halilovic and possibly Meite available soon as well

Obvs believe it when I see it.

295 posts