Liam moore

578 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam moore

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jan 2022 00:29

Look, he`s contracted till summer 2023, what`s to stop him sitting on his hands for another year and a bit? obviously the club can`t pay it because if the financial restraints we have in place.
How do we get around it?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 00:31

Liam Moore’s lawyers will be busy

For a club that needs to be negotiating a quiet exit for Moore they just doubled the costs for him to agree to leave.

Why aren’t the journalists finding out more about this racism story? They don’t have to be the “author” of the scoop

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 00:38

Uke Liam Moore’s lawyers will be busy

For a club that needs to be negotiating a quiet exit for Moore they just doubled the costs for him to agree to leave.

Why aren’t the journalists finding out more about this racism story? They don’t have to be the “author” of the scoop

Yep. And if there's any truth to the rumours I reckon they've just massively weakened their hand for attempting a contract termination for misconduct.

It's like we learnt nothing from freezing out McCleary, Gunter and Baldock in a public and unprofessional way.

I can't stand Moore's presence here, but bad move.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jan 2022 00:41

Whatever Moore has done or not done I cannot help thinking that the club statement cannot help the situation. If we want shot of him surely that statement is hardly a good advertisement. All very odd. I think we have all suspected that something is very wrong behind the scenes at RFC and this latest issue only seems to confirm that. What a shambles the club has become.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 00:46

1- totally bemused that there is SO much hatred towards Moore being shown here. The guy might be not as good as we'd like, and might not justify his price tag but he comes across a decent enough chap who really does seem to have tried and cared for the club. Are we annoyed that he has wanted to leave? Presumably we're all aware that players have ambitions and don't all want to stay with shitty little Reading. Noone joined me in my criticism of Richards when he wanted to leave ON A FREE. Despite us training him up, enduring months of him being almost as bad as Bristow etc etc. Same with Olise. Arrogant immature tosser who couldn't wait to leave at the first opportunity, moody git. Again, we gave that shit the experience he needed. Yet with Moore, who has been nothing but fairly decent as a chap we think it's fine to say despicable things about the fella just because he dares to want to leave.

2- that club statement is a total joke. Utterly unprofessional, below the belt. Astounding. What the hell were they thinking. Distraction? Probably. What shite. Makes us look ridiculous.

Screw rhw club.

The more the I think about this the more I think the only answer for the situation is something like a pitch invasion to demand Pauno is put on garden leave and we shake things up. Get toxicity out the club, get the boys playing under someone like Ledge or Carroll or someone. We'll be surprised how many players, relieved, will suddenly not be injured and willing to fight for the cause.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jan 2022 02:22

Millsy 1- totally bemused that there is SO much hatred towards Moore being shown here. The guy might be not as good as we'd like, and might not justify his price tag but he comes across a decent enough chap who really does seem to have tried and cared for the club. Are we annoyed that he has wanted to leave? Presumably we're all aware that players have ambitions and don't all want to stay with shitty little Reading. Noone joined me in my criticism of Richards when he wanted to leave ON A FREE. Despite us training him up, enduring months of him being almost as bad as Bristow etc etc. Same with Olise. Arrogant immature tosser who couldn't wait to leave at the first opportunity, moody git. Again, we gave that shit the experience he needed. Yet with Moore, who has been nothing but fairly decent as a chap we think it's fine to say despicable things about the fella just because he dares to want to leave.

2- that club statement is a total joke. Utterly unprofessional, below the belt. Astounding. What the hell were they thinking. Distraction? Probably. What shite. Makes us look ridiculous.

Screw rhw club.

The more the I think about this the more I think the only answer for the situation is something like a pitch invasion to demand Pauno is put on garden leave and we shake things up. Get toxicity out the club, get the boys playing under someone like Ledge or Carroll or someone. We'll be surprised how many players, relieved, will suddenly not be injured and willing to fight for the cause.

Tldr

Worst poster on Hob Nob

Dull unfunny shit:

Delboy

by Delboy » 16 Jan 2022 07:18

Idiot

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 07:26

Wow. He must have really pissed someone off for this to happen

I’m assuming he didn’t ask to leave without having any options to so? Wtf is he / his agent playing at if this was the case.

In saying he is disliked (obvs he will be now) I’ve never really heard anything other than support for him in the ground

That 35k pw contract is up there with Aluko as the worst of many terrible decisions over the last 5 years or so

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2022 07:42

I have no problem with the statement and no issue should the club decide to make Moore train away from other players.

I assume this situation was behind VPs comments after Kidderminster that there was a plan to play a stronger side but there were things behind the scenes that wouldn't allow that.

I would hope it was the decision to no longer play Moore rather than Moore refusing to play but that wouldn't surprise me either.

Been no official mention that he is injured has there.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 08:03

leon
Millsy 1- totally bemused that there is SO much hatred towards Moore being shown here. The guy might be not as good as we'd like, and might not justify his price tag but he comes across a decent enough chap who really does seem to have tried and cared for the club. Are we annoyed that he has wanted to leave? Presumably we're all aware that players have ambitions and don't all want to stay with shitty little Reading. Noone joined me in my criticism of Richards when he wanted to leave ON A FREE. Despite us training him up, enduring months of him being almost as bad as Bristow etc etc. Same with Olise. Arrogant immature tosser who couldn't wait to leave at the first opportunity, moody git. Again, we gave that shit the experience he needed. Yet with Moore, who has been nothing but fairly decent as a chap we think it's fine to say despicable things about the fella just because he dares to want to leave.

Screw rhw club.

Tldr

Worst poster on Hob Nob

Dull unfunny shit:

+1

Makes DD look like the second coming of Oscar Wilde.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 16 Jan 2022 08:06

Stranded I have no problem with the statement and no issue should the club decide to make Moore train away from other players.

I assume this situation was behind VPs comments after Kidderminster that there was a plan to play a stronger side but there were things behind the scenes that wouldn't allow that.

I would hope it was the decision to no longer play Moore rather than Moore refusing to play but that wouldn't surprise me either.

Been no official mention that he is injured has there.

Same. Don’t think the statement is over the top. They would have thought seriously about it, and clearly Moores behaviour has and is impacting the club in a big way. Players have had the upper hand for too long, good to see them taking a bit for a change. They just need to agree a deal to get shot now. Worse captain ever, didn’t give a shit about the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 08:10

I haven’t got a major issue with it. I assume it’s been massively provoked by Moore’s behaviour along the way

Mind does boggle a bit with what might have been going on behind the scenes - falling out or having to much sway with other players etc

Either way he has massively let us down when we really need a strong leader

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 08:12

Hound I haven’t got a major issue with it. I assume it’s been massively provoked by Moore’s behaviour along the way

Mind does boggle a bit with what might have been going on behind the scenes - falling out or having to much sway with other players etc

Either way he has massively let us down when we really need a strong leader

Yeah when this all comes out it will be dynamite. Bet you there are loads of incidents we don't know about.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2022 08:46

Snowflake Royal Well this is a dumpster fire.

How on Earth can the club put out a statement like that without making the decision to Moore first, and also disclosing the notice they'dbe issuing to him. In which case why is he posting how shocked he is on IG?

This just seems to show how terribly we are managed behind the scenes. And this, unquestionably, has to involve Pauno. However this shakes out its badly handled.

I mean, he agitated to leave before he got his current contract and only knuckled under when given a crazy 4 year payrise.

He's gone from potential hotstuff with a future PL career, to a guy who can't command first choice in a relegation threatened Championship side here. Both parties should have moved on years ago.

He's been a pretty terrible captain. And more recently a poor defender.

Agree on this. I actually said take the money when Brighton offered £8m. He was a good player then but centre backs are one of the easiest positions to replace.

I've been critical of Liam Moore. But if the club hasn't spoken with Moore then that shows how ridiculous and unprofessional the club has been run.

If I was demoted at work via an email to my team and wider business with that being the first time I've heard about it then I'd tell my boss where to shove his job.

Ok so Liam Moore is overpaid, no doubts about that and we need to shift that wage off the books, but he doesn't deserve to be treated like that. With the mess our owner has got us in I cant really blame him if he wants out.

He shouldn't be captain though. I've been calling for him to lose the captaincy for a long time. If he wants to go then I agree with the decision. The way the club have handled this stinks.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Jan 2022 08:51

Apparently he refused to play in the kiddy game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 08:55

Brogue Apparently he refused to play in the kiddy game.

That was implied I think by Pauno

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Jan 2022 09:02

Hound
Brogue Apparently he refused to play in the kiddy game.

That was implied I think by Pauno

I did have a lot of sympathy for him when I first saw the statement as he's been battling at our shitshow of a club for most of his 5 years here. But if this is true it's disgraceful.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 16 Jan 2022 09:17

Convinced there is far more to it than the statement, would Iove for Moore to explain his side, did he hand a transfer request in? Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t given his reaction.

Club is an absolute mess top to bottom. Owners may well have best intentions and invest money etc etc but the club is not being run well. Can only imagine what it must have been like on the team coach back from Boro when that statement was released.

I still think we will stay up, but this isn’t the Reading we know and grew to love. That statement was not the Reading way.

Convinced he’s being used as a scapegoat to distract from results and not being able to afford to sack Pauno due to EFL restraints.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Jan 2022 09:17

Just another scene from the pantomime that is modern football

mad79

by mad79 » 16 Jan 2022 09:31

I can see both sides to this. As a life long fan and will be until I die having a captain that runs away when we most need them is a disgrace and he should be made public enemy number one. He has also got previous with this before signing a new contract and looking even further back he caused problems leaving Leicester. On the other hand his side is he is not getting any younger and the club is in a huge mess. We have a manager void of tactics and owners that don’t bother coming or showing much interest. This is only going to get worse. Look at the chairman’s previous clubs. They went down and started selling anything that moves before being dissolved into non existence. There are two sides to this story.

578 posts