Liam moore

578 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam moore

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 12:03

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Wasn't it under Moore's captaincy that the players refused to come out and give the fans the traditional and promised lap of honour for over an hour at the end of the season when we lost 4-0 to Ipswich because they would rather sulk about being shit?

Great captaincy that was. Should have been saying get the oxf*rd out there and clap them for putting up with the shit we've served up.

That could have been the managers instruction.

That's not what the stewards were saying at the time.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:04

Forbury Lion
Hound It did read like the owner had a strop over the whole issue

No doubts he realised when he offered Moore that money, he'd made a huge commitment, and it was on his own back. It hasn't been repaid with some pretty poor performances ever since.I suspect he strongly regrets doing it, knowing it went a long way to causing our FFP issues. Then Moore asks to go, and has possibly caused a stink/refused to play or something. Owner's patience has snapped and here's the result.
They now have a player they probably won't play on big wages who they want to sell, They won't get any big offers for him now, at best a club might offer to take him for free and offer to cover some of his wages or contribute towards the cost of paying up his contract.
From a business point of view now, take whatever you can now if it means you end up paying less than you would otherwise. Perhaps even if it costs you more it might be worth it if it helps with squad harmony.

I think we'd certainly command a transfer fee for him, even if it's well short of what it would be if the situation wasn't this. If we were to get £1.5m for him, maybe £2m top side I'd be relatively satisfied with that and hopefully he moves to a club that can fulfill his wage demands, they may be few and far between however. Hopefully a move to the US where money is no object over there.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:05

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Wasn't it under Moore's captaincy that the players refused to come out and give the fans the traditional and promised lap of honour for over an hour at the end of the season when we lost 4-0 to Ipswich because they would rather sulk about being shit?

Great captaincy that was. Should have been saying get the oxf*rd out there and clap them for putting up with the shit we've served up.

I can't think of what reason the club captain would have to keep the players in the dressing room for an hour afterwards, but I can certainly imagine the manager would given the result, performance and potential consequences.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 12:08

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

I can't think of what reason the club captain would have to keep the players in the dressing room for an hour afterwards, but I can certainly imagine the manager would given the result, performance and potential consequences.

I didn't say he held them in the dressing room.

I said he didn’t kick them up the arse and lead them out.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:17

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal That's not what the stewards were saying at the time.

Because the manager may have kept them in for a few stern words afterwards. He can't just up sticks and undermine the manager if that wasn't what he ordered them to do, even though it would have been the right thing to do.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 12:18

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Because the manager may have kept them in for a few stern words afterwards. He can't just up sticks and undermine the manager if that wasn't what he ordered them to do, even though it would have been the right thing to do.

It was made very clear the players didn't want to come out and do it at all, and they only did because hundreds of fans refused to leave the stadium.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:20

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I didn't say he held them in the dressing room.

It was made very clear the players didn't want to come out and do it at all, and they only did because hundreds of fans refused to leave the stadium.

Who said this? Please don't say the stewards either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 12:22

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

The people who spoke the fans and went in and asked what the delay was and whether they were coming out.

It was made very clear it wasn’t just a delay, but that they weren't intending to do it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:27

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal It was made very clear the players didn't want to come out and do it at all, and they only did because hundreds of fans refused to leave the stadium.

The people who spoke the fans and went in and asked what the delay was and whether they were coming out.

It was made very clear it wasn’t just a delay, but that they weren't intending to do it.

To which they specifically said that Liam Moore, the captain, did not order the players to go out and see the fans and that this was his decision entirely?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 12:29

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

To which they specifically said that Liam Moore, the captain, did not order the players to go out and see the fans and that this was his decision entirely?

:| Try Reading what I said again. Because you're arguing with something I didn't say.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 12:40

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal The people who spoke the fans and went in and asked what the delay was and whether they were coming out.

:| Try Reading what I said again. Because you're arguing with something I didn't say.

The problem is I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say. Your original post said that under Moore's captaincy the players refused to come out for the traditional and promised lap of honour after our 4-0 defeat against Ipswich because they would rather sulk and then referred to "great captaincy that was".

So what exactly are you trying to say?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Jan 2022 12:42

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

The problem is I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say. Your original post said that under Moore's captaincy the players refused to come out for the traditional and promised lap of honour after our 4-0 defeat against Ipswich because they would rather sulk and then referred to "great captaincy that was".

Hi OMA!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jan 2022 12:58

YorkshireRoyal99
I think we'd certainly command a transfer fee for him, even if it's well short of what it would be if the situation wasn't this. If we were to get £1.5m for him, maybe £2m top side I'd be relatively satisfied with that and hopefully he moves to a club that can fulfill his wage demands, they may be few and far between however. Hopefully a move to the US where money is no object over there.

Best we can expect is a 'transfer fee' to pay off the remaining contract. And the buying club offers Moore a more applicable wage to the standard he plays. Win win for Moore. Reading slash the wage bill. Buying club get a decent CB for 1.5m (ish)

This is where a real DoF comes into things to negotiate a deal that suits all parties with the players agent and interested clubs. Try to strike a deal that the player / club / buying club benefit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2022 13:01

yeah very much doubt we'll get a penny for him. If we could negotiate a free/ contract termination thats the absolute best we can hope for. And doubt we'll manage that either tbh

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 18 Jan 2022 13:14

Coppells Lost Coat
YorkshireRoyal99
... And the buying club offers Moore a more applicable wage to the standard he plays. Win win for Moore ...)

But how is that win win for Moore ... he'd get a pay cut.]

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 18 Jan 2022 13:27

Horsham Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
YorkshireRoyal99
... And the buying club offers Moore a more applicable wage to the standard he plays. Win win for Moore ...)

But how is that win win for Moore ... he'd get a pay cut.]

He moves on + gets a nice wedge of cash from Reading (% of his weekly wage to end of his contract) + he would be on a new contract earning weekly wage at a new club. He wont be short on a few quid and not out of pocket.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Jan 2022 13:31

Coppells Lost Coat
YorkshireRoyal99

Best we can expect is a 'transfer fee' to pay off the remaining contract. And the buying club offers Moore a more applicable wage to the standard he plays. Win win for Moore. Reading slash the wage bill. Buying club get a decent CB for 1.5m (ish)

This is where a real DoF comes into things to negotiate a deal that suits all parties with the players agent and interested clubs. Try to strike a deal that the player / club / buying club benefit.

Assuming he's on £30k a week as reported and with him having roughly 18 months left on his contract (78 weeks), his current contract up until expiry works out at £2.34m to pay off the remaining contract. Again, I'd probably expect that to be more like £1.5m depending on who buys him. Not sure it would be financially viable to lose out on a couple of million just to receive no transfer fee or propose a contract termination, but having said that, the board don't seem to be too bothered about taking financial hits on players.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 13:47

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

You've just quoted it exactly. If you don’t get it from that and the other posts I can't help any more.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 18 Jan 2022 13:59

This has been a total PR disaster, both for the club (especially Dai) & Moore. Could’ve let him go through the back door, and just stripped him of the captaincy. Instead, we are going to get naff all in transfer fees.

Dai was stupid enough to offer him that contract. We could’ve had £12m.

Like others have said, I’m researching judgment until Moore speaks out. Personally, he’s always come across as committed, especially on EPR podcasts.

Not his fault he’s been put on a whacking wage. I’m sick & tired of our fanbase treating captains like shit…first is was McShane, now Moore.

Granted, his footballing performances haven’t been good enough, but that’s no excuse for the shit he’s put up from us on social media

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2022 14:03

Notts Royal This has been a total PR disaster, both for the club (especially Dai) & Moore. Could’ve let him go through the back door, and just stripped him of the captaincy. Instead, we are going to get naff all in transfer fees.

Dai was stupid enough to offer him that contract. We could’ve had £12m.

Like others have said, I’m researching judgment until Moore speaks out. Personally, he’s always come across as committed, especially on EPR podcasts.

Not his fault he’s been put on a whacking wage. I’m sick & tired of our fanbase treating captains like shit…first is was McShane, now Moore.

Granted, his footballing performances haven’t been good enough, but that’s no excuse for the shit he’s put up from us on social media

No one forced him to ask for a whacking wage or sign up to it either.

578 posts