Liam moore

578 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 13:10

Come to think of it he should have oxf*rd off after giving free away tickets and travel to Club1871

He was the whole reason it came about and it has destroyed out club and turned it into an utter shambles and embarrassing joke

He should have oxf*rd off after that quite frankly

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 13:13

Moore being there is probably stopping us bringing anyone else in and is a big millstone on our ‘business plan’ for this year and next

He wants to leave, sounds a bad egg and possibly has refused to play

Think the statement is a bit of a huge attempt to shift him and make it clear to everyone he is available, so their absolute best to move him out. 35k pw, sitting around causing trouble? Have to do everything to get him out

It’s not like they posted this the minute he asked for a transfer. And his agent seems to have found jo avenue to get him out

At this point I don’t think they’ve necessarily handled it badly. Suppose we’ll see if it has the desired effect

Felt91

by Felt91 » 16 Jan 2022 13:18

Wonder if Moore has been fit for a while or actually inured?

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 16 Jan 2022 13:19

Barney
Simmops
Snowflake Royal There's always some good to come out of anything.

Nobody else will join me (not that you've gone to a game in 5 years anyway)

Everybody else will keep going. They are the problem. I will make a stand.

Fella....the time now is to actually SUPPORT the club. We are Reading fans. This is OUR club. Yeah, it is a sh!te season....but blimey,
we've had some seriously sh!te seasons in the past.
Support the club. Be angry....yes, but don't forget it is the club we love.

Spot on.

The Club has been let down badly by Moore.

Our owners backed him and paid him and at the time, most people backed the owners and the commitment they demonstrated to us all at that time.

Meanwhile Moore has gladly taken the money, whilst his performances have worsened and now he wants to leave.

Well done to Rooney and his Derby squad because even if things get worse for the Club; which they might; the response to their plight (from players, coaches and manager alike) has been admirable and their performances, with a depleted, far less capable squad, and a far less experienced manager (I have never been a Rooney fan, so praise for him is without doubt somewhat begrudged) has been marked by fight, determination, energy and remarkable results.

Are you watching Liam Moore?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 13:20

Orion1871
Barney
Simmops Nobody else will join me (not that you've gone to a game in 5 years anyway)

Everybody else will keep going. They are the problem. I will make a stand.

Fella....the time now is to actually SUPPORT the club. We are Reading fans. This is OUR club. Yeah, it is a sh!te season....but blimey,
we've had some seriously sh!te seasons in the past.
Support the club. Be angry....yes, but don't forget it is the club we love.

Don't worry about this cretin, doubt he has supported Reading for years.

At best he's a mentally ill fantasist. At worst, and most likely, he's a Troll pretending to be a mentally ill fantasist.

Yeah im mentally ill so what. Do you think mental health is a joke?

I've had a season ticket since 1997.
You don't even know who I am and you sound like OMA or Ian at the moment.
You don't even go to games or support the team. You are a troll and a bully.
Say it to my face one on one

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 13:21

Great.

So Moore is officially the reason for all this, and we can lay off any criticism elsewhere.

This is all working out really conveniently for some isn't it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 13:21

Anybody still saying support the club is clueless and the reason why nothing will change.

The time for a boycott is now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 13:22

We weren’t even doing too badly a couple of months ago

Be interesting to know why he did hand in the request. Seems a massive error in judgement to me so guess there is more to it

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Jan 2022 13:29

If he is such a bad egg/captain- why was he sat with Morrison watching the FA Youth cup tie on Thursday ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 13:30

Royals and Racers If he is such a bad egg/captain- why was he sat with Morrison watching the FA Youth cup tie on Thursday ?

Yeah don’t know. That’s why we need to hear his side

He might have been totally hung out to dry, who knows atm

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 14:04

More relevant in this thread (excuse the double post) and of course pure speculation as like most here I don't know the story.

--

I don't see the Moore thing as some big let-off for Pauno. HE is the manager, HE is paid to manage the players and the issues. I'd go so far as to say shitty as Moore may be, Pauno is likely equally to blame. Not just with Moore but perhaps the whole toxicity at the club. At best he's failed to manage the situation, at worst he may have caused it. The dressing room is LOST. That is why I turned from fierce defender to critic. It takes 2mins to find his track record from Chicago:

"His biggest issues relate to his curious and abrasive man-management. Paunovic has gotten into disputes with so many players over the course of his tenure that fans have become well aware of his ‘doghouse’. As soon as someone does anything that he doesn’t agree with, the player is stuck on the bench for weeks or even months at a time.

[snip plenty of examples]

No matter how many quality players the Fire give Paunovic, his track record suggests that he will eventually ruin most of them.

As I say, I'll put money on a flurry of players miraculously being healed once he's placed on garden leave.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 14:12

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 16 Jan 2022 14:17

As well as the club statement, I think Laurent's post-match media comment yesterday is significant:

"We need to grow up as a team and individuals ..."

There's clearly more to Moore's side of the story, but whoever is "at fault" it's affecting the squad's chances.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 14:20

Millsy More relevant in this thread (excuse the double post) and of course pure speculation as like most here I don't know the story.

--

I don't see the Moore thing as some big let-off for Pauno. HE is the manager, HE is paid to manage the players and the issues. I'd go so far as to say shitty as Moore may be, Pauno is likely equally to blame. Not just with Moore but perhaps the whole toxicity at the club. At best he's failed to manage the situation, at worst he may have caused it. The dressing room is LOST. That is why I turned from fierce defender to critic. It takes 2mins to find his track record from Chicago:

"His biggest issues relate to his curious and abrasive man-management. Paunovic has gotten into disputes with so many players over the course of his tenure that fans have become well aware of his ‘doghouse’. As soon as someone does anything that he doesn’t agree with, the player is stuck on the bench for weeks or even months at a time.

No matter how many quality players the Fire give Paunovic, his track record suggests that he will eventually ruin most of them.

As I say, I'll put money on a flurry of players miraculously being healed once he's placed on garden leave.

:| why would the Moore situation be any sort of let off for Pauno? Pauno decided to keep him and make him captain again.

Pauno picks the team and tactics and takes training.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 14:23

I hate it when ppl just post links and expect others to trawl through it, hence extracting the salient points onto HNA instead. But you’re right I could’ve put in the source rather than expect folk to copy and paste into google if interested. Noted for next time.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 14:23

Snowflake Royal :| why would the Moore situation be any sort of let off for Pauno? Pauno decided to keep him and make him captain again.

^this

Read the link I posted above - https://mlsmultiplex.com/2019/10/15/chi ... aceptable/

Far too many similarities from injuries to players frozen out.

glenroyal As well as the club statement, I think Laurent's post-match media comment yesterday is significant:

"We need to grow up as a team and individuals ..."

There's clearly more to Moore's side of the story, but whoever is "at fault" it's affecting the squad's chances.

That “individual” could also be a swipe at Paunovic

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2022 14:25

Felt91 Wonder if Moore has been fit for a while or actually inured?

Freudian slip?

Inure - to accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 14:25

Snowflake Royal
Millsy More relevant in this thread (excuse the double post) and of course pure speculation as like most here I don't know the story.

--

:| why would the Moore situation be any sort of let off for Pauno? Pauno decided to keep him and make him captain again.

Agree totally of course.

It’s just some comments seem to be suggesting this, so intentionally or not it’s at least partly providing some distraction for Pauno.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2022 14:37

Millsy Great.

So Moore is officially the reason for all this, and we can lay off any criticism elsewhere.

This is all working out really conveniently for some isn't it.

Obviously Liam isn’t the only reason for all this, the club has done well in places with Liam it’s just at this particular moment with all the results (which are being comfortably achieved without his input) and injuries things are looking a horrific and people are rightly worried.

At the of the day, the club will be relegated if the scale of the injuries is not reduced very quickly to a more manageable amount in line with what would be normal for a club. There should be enough quality to survive (just about) despite the assorted other issues.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 14:48

Millsy

I hate it when ppl just post links and expect others to trawl through it, hence extracting the salient points onto HNA instead. But you’re right I could’ve put in the source rather than expect folk to copy and paste into google if interested. Noted for next time.

I hate it too. Thanks for taking the relevant bits out. Dont listen to Uke and you do what you like.

578 posts