Liam moore

578 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Liam moore

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 09:53

Well I don't think we'd offer him there if we didn't think there was potential for someone to try and pick him up, it's just a more complicated situation really given the salary caps, as mentioned. Something could happen in July, but I won't be hanging my hat on it anyway.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 May 2022 10:04

Obvs I'm not reading through 29 pages of slagging Moore off but have we decided that Ince won't be able to get anything out of him?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 May 2022 10:07

Actually think Moore is a decent player. Never get the hate. But if it was'nt more it was Gunter, and now it appears to be Ejaria's turn.

But with Bowen back, his time does look done here. Its just how they manage it i.e. payoff vs wages vs loan. Ideally you would want someone like Watford or Norwich to come in for him who have some cash to splash.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 10:08

Silver Fox Obvs I'm not reading through 29 pages of slagging Moore off but have we decided that Ince won't be able to get anything out of him?

I'd imagine it's more to do with the financial aspect, rather than the quality of the player. If he was earning £10k a week, I'd 100% keep him in the squad for sure, but at £30k~ a week, we need to offload.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 May 2022 10:08

paultheroyal Actually think Moore is a decent player. Never get the hate. But if it was'nt more it was Gunter, and now it appears to be Ejaria's turn.

But with Bowen back, his time does look done here. Its just how they manage it i.e. payoff vs wages vs loan. Ideally you would want someone like Watford or Norwich to come in for him who have some cash to splash.

Do you hate anything in life Paul? You always seem overwhelmingly positive (not a criticsm btw).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 May 2022 10:13

NathStPaul
paultheroyal Actually think Moore is a decent player. Never get the hate. But if it was'nt more it was Gunter, and now it appears to be Ejaria's turn.

Do you hate anything in life Paul? You always seem overwhelmingly positive (not a criticsm btw).

Some things grate on me Nath - always tell it how i see it, some choose to attack that, up to them, but certain someone has this knack of just getting under my skin.

But genuinely - i have never got the hate for Moore. Appears committed, certainly loyal, but clearly paid too well.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 May 2022 10:14

YorkshireRoyal99
Silver Fox Obvs I'm not reading through 29 pages of slagging Moore off but have we decided that Ince won't be able to get anything out of him?

I'd imagine it's more to do with the financial aspect, rather than the quality of the player. If he was earning £10k a week, I'd 100% keep him in the squad for sure, but at £30k~ a week, we need to offload.

Oh I agree with that, but if any interested parties get round to reading Ian's thoughts we can soon give up on that idea!!

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 19 May 2022 10:19

YorkshireRoyal99

Depends on how the fall out form that awful club statement about him has gone. I personally, if I could leave if my company singled me out the way it did. Rightly or wrongly we all knew he is our high earner who was hugely under performing.
I think its best to part ways. A golden handshake give him £1m which is about 70% of his contract value and help him find a club that is willing to pay him more than £9k a week, which tbh should be easy, then he is financially better off and so are we.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 May 2022 10:20

I want Moore to leave so that we can hear about exactly what went on at the club, there is way more to it than meets the eye. That statement the club released about him needs some scrutiny.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 May 2022 10:51

A motivated, fit Liam Moore is a decent player. I mainly want him to leave to get him off the wage bill. As mentioned above it would also be good to know what’s really gone on with him at the club.

I have been really doom and gloom this season but I am optimistic about next season as it feels like we’ll at least have a plan for next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2022 11:05

Moore has it within his capabilities to be a decent player but he was really poor last season imo, and that’s solely on a football perspective regardless of the finances

Pretty sure his time is done but if we can’t shift him then we need the try to motivate to give us a squad option

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 May 2022 11:09

blythspartan

A motivated, fit Liam Moore is a decent player. I mainly want him to leave to get him off the wage bill. As mentioned above it would also be good to know what’s really gone on with him at the club.

I have been really doom and gloom this season but I am optimistic about next season as it feels like we’ll at least have a plan for next season.

Yeah, I know it's easy to criticise how the club have handled the Moore situation but I find it hard to take his side either when he has been turning out performances well below his ability.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2022 12:43

Hound Moore has it within his capabilities to be a decent player but he was really poor last season imo, and that’s solely on a football perspective regardless of the finances

Pretty sure his time is done but if we can’t shift him then we need the try to motivate to give us a squad option

It's not surprising a good player who has watched his career go down the toilet at a particular club falls to poor.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but if I was earning a third to two thirds more than everyone else I'd also find it really difficult. Not to mention the almost inevitable resentment from at least some of the others, heightened by poor performance.

At this point I reckon change will have come too late and he's on a downward spiral. Had he moved a couple of years ago, I could see a greater chance of him developing and maybe making it in the PL. Recovering his career.

But he's one of the clearer examples of everything that has been wrong with the club and we should be moving heaven and earth to get him out, even at minimum financial benefit. His presence is just toxic at this point. As is the club's (owner') treatment of him this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2022 12:56

Don’t think that’s unfair

He is almost 30 now. Contrast with Swift who still has a big contract or two in him

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2022 12:59

Hound Don’t think that’s unfair

He is almost 30 now. Contrast with Swift who still has a big contract or two in him

It's almost like I'm not actually irrationally blinkered isn’t it. :P

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 May 2022 15:08

NathStPaul I want Moore to leave so that we can hear about exactly what went on at the club, there is way more to it than meets the eye. That statement the club released about him needs some scrutiny.

Yes, this. Unless he thinks he's big enough a name to release a book post-retirement :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 May 2022 20:32

John Smith
NathStPaul I want Moore to leave so that we can hear about exactly what went on at the club, there is way more to it than meets the eye. That statement the club released about him needs some scrutiny.

Yes, this. Unless he thinks he's big enough a name to release a book post-retirement :lol:

If he moves he's likely to get some part of his contract paid up. As part of that any normal company would use a compromise agreement, which may prevent him saying anything

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2022 10:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound Moore has it within his capabilities to be a decent player but he was really poor last season imo, and that’s solely on a football perspective regardless of the finances

It's not surprising a good player who has watched his career go down the toilet at a particular club falls to poor.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but if I was earning a third to two thirds more than everyone else I'd also find it really difficult. Not to mention the almost inevitable resentment from at least some of the others, heightened by poor performance.

At this point I reckon change will have come too late and he's on a downward spiral. Had he moved a couple of years ago, I could see a greater chance of him developing and maybe making it in the PL. Recovering his career.

But he's one of the clearer examples of everything that has been wrong with the club and we should be moving heaven and earth to get him out, even at minimum financial benefit. His presence is just toxic at this point. As is the club's (owner') treatment of him this season.

Good post. A fit and committed Moore, is a good player and I think a couple of years ago could have got into a lower ranked prem side but as said above, a mix of him staying a a rather toxic Reading and him (understandably to a point) sticking around due to his salary in the short term has cost him in the long term as said I think the only way for him now is to tread water and then downwards

578 posts