578 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam moore

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 11:55

Zip
AthleticoSpizz
Zip

I shall be having words with legal advisors. Mr Hound is in my bad books.
he had a point though tbf tbh

Haven’t you got 713 miles of driving you can get on with today?
pretty local…in your area today…glowstershoir

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 11:58

AthleticoSpizz
Zip
AthleticoSpizz he had a point though tbf tbh

Haven’t you got 713 miles of driving you can get on with today?
pretty local…in your area today…glowstershoir

First rounds on you then Spizzeria

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 12:08

:lol: no disrespect, but I think I would win every ‘round’ :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2022 12:10

Brogue
Stranded If it is a statement to try and deflect from how bad a week the club has had then doing so before 2 massive home games is bloody stupid.

Yes, we lost on Saturday in what is becoming a fairly standard way - i.e get in the lead and chuck it away but I don't think many people were too annoyed by given we expected defeat ahead of time - a lot of people could even see shoots of improvement in the 2nd half.

If it was just deflection then what better time than after the Fulham debacle - you can argue about the wording but as said nothing in there seems to be incorrect even if some didn't need to be said but 95% of fans want him gone and he is now on his way in some way shape or form - he won't appear in our first team again - looks like Morrison/Holmes on Weds and then expect TMac and Dann to challenge - Moore is fifth choice now, so lets just get him out or leave him to train on his own. Free transfer and even pay 50% of his wages for the rest of the season if we need to - will still be a decent unexpected saving on the budget.

Yes, I follow her too.

Not saying it isn't a deflection but that if it is, it is just very weird timing after a defeat that most fans were fairly sanguine about. Time to deflect would have been after Fulham.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 12:10

AthleticoSpizz :lol: no disrespect, but I think I would win every ‘round’ :wink:

That remark is so 2020.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 12:15

…..but very apt around these parts :lol:

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Jan 2022 12:18

RoyalBlue
Coppells Lost Coat Obviously something has blown up behind the scenes and it has probably been brewing for a long time, there could be a lot more going on and the club thought they'd get in there first before Moore spills the beans. Maybe Moore has upset so many people that the club had to essentially force him out the door. He could be the toxic person in the dressing room / training ground.

In my view, the statement is a pathetic attempt to distract us from the bigger picture and just highlights how badly we were run finacially.
Moore was offered the contract - of course he would accept it. He put his terms to the club and they offered it to him and the rest is history. So you cant throw that in his face.

Disagree. Of course you can throw that in his face if he happily accepted it and then wants to walk away from it when times get tough. Happy to have 5 years of security but only on his terms it appears.

We didn't have to bow to his demands though. Its part of the negotiation. And its a 2 way thing - he should be 100% committed to fulfill his contract and put 100% effort in. The clubs is fulfilling their side of the deal. He should do too.
I am not in any way defending Moore. How much he is paid shouldn't reflect his attitude on the pitch as he is in such a privileged position being paid obscene money to play football. Yet this is the football world we live in, massively inflated wages and egos.

Obviously Moore is the saleable asset and has been put in his position, bruised his ego and he probably sulked / sulking.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2022 14:04

Brogue you wouldn't put it past Pauno to start Moore on Wednesday night :roll:

That would be pretty funny. Without the burden of captaincy he can concentrate on his game.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jan 2022 14:48

Pepe the Horseman
Brogue you wouldn't put it past Pauno to start Moore on Wednesday night :roll:

That would be pretty funny. Without the burden of captaincy he can concentrate on his game.

The situation is untenable. He can’t play even if fit as some supporters would most likely be on his back from the off and certainly from the first perceived mistake/lack of effort and that’s really not going to help anyone. Still wouldn’t surprise me if VP tried it though :lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 Jan 2022 17:50

Not knowing the in's and out's of the situation, nor of anything that is happening in the background, all I will say about this situation is that it isn't a good thing for a club to publically throw one of it's players under a bus as the club have done to Liam Moore.

It is very disappointing that whatever the circumstances, they couldn't have been dealt with in a more measured way.

The club appears to be very publically eating itself right now.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 17:59

Think that it is already well known that Liam has not had the best interests of the club for quite a while now.
His role as club captain and his ‘advice’ given amongst the younger players has not been exactly helpful recently.
Far from being “under the bus” he’s been driving it.

Although, it will be interesting to hear his version of events tbf, as he leaves.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 18:04

My Mum knows an ex Leicester player who used to coach him in their youth set up who always bangs on about how great and nice he is.

I imagine he'd be a complete let down to him at this point.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 18:05

AthleticoSpizz Think that it is already well known that Liam has not had the best interests of the club for quite a while now.
His role as club captain and his ‘advice’ given amongst the younger players has not been exactly helpful recently.
Far from being “under the bus” he’s been driving it.

Although, it will be interesting to hear his version of events tbf, as he leaves.

We don’t need to go public about it though. I’m all for more transparency from the club but not for something like this.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 18:07

Maybe, but no doubt, he will “go public”

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 Jan 2022 18:28

I know this is an old cliche but they always say that it’s never the players or owners that get fired it always the manager. Good to see RFC bucking that trend.

A chap I keep in contact with at work in one of our US offices dislikes Pauno with a passion. Reckons he creates chaos to hide his own shortcomings.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jan 2022 18:31

The more I think about it the odder the club statement about Moore is. Presumably they want to force him out this month but what if he cannot find another club. He cannot realistically ever play for RFC again as many fans will be on his back and so we could end up paying his wages for 18 more months whilst he plays for the U23's. The way the club have handled the issue just makes no sense.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jan 2022 18:48

andrew1957 The more I think about it the odder the club statement about Moore is. Presumably they want to force him out this month but what if he cannot find another club. He cannot realistically ever play for RFC again as many fans will be on his back and so we could end up paying his wages for 18 more months whilst he plays for the U23's. The way the club have handled the issue just makes no sense.

What's stupid is that it doesn't sound like we'd stand in his way now if a club came in for him, but this action has made that less likely. If we don't sell him, we've got a player on high wages for the next 18 months that we can't even put in the team any more.

Unless he's already gone on strike to force a move, the statement was a terrible decision, given how desperate we are for any fit defenders.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jan 2022 18:50

tmesis
andrew1957 The more I think about it the odder the club statement about Moore is. Presumably they want to force him out this month but what if he cannot find another club. He cannot realistically ever play for RFC again as many fans will be on his back and so we could end up paying his wages for 18 more months whilst he plays for the U23's. The way the club have handled the issue just makes no sense.

What's stupid is that it doesn't sound like we'd stand in his way now if a club came in for him, but this action has made that less likely. If we don't sell him, we've got a player on high wages for the next 18 months that we can't even put in the team any more.

Unless he's already gone on strike to force a move, the statement was a terrible decision, given how desperate we are for any fit defenders.

Eddie itk saying Yongge sanctioned the statement and its tone. He just made it much harder to get any offers for him.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2022 18:51

Two sides to every story…let us let it play-out.

The very very little that I do know, is that we need a better Captain behind the scenes right now.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Jan 2022 18:55

Zip
tmesis

Eddie itk saying Yongge sanctioned the statement and its tone. He just made it much harder to get any offers for him.

The only way it makes sense is if nobody wants him, and they are looking for a mutual termination.

578 posts