We DO have to take action ASAP.

157 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: We DO have to take action ASAP.

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jan 2022 08:22

2 things I want changing.

1 a new manager, even a temporary one to keep us up like a Warnock. I think results would improve for 2 reasons. 1) our players look so unfit. 2) we know how good the likes of Swift, Laurent etc are and they are not performing anywhere near the standards that they can.

The players need a kick up the ass.

A DoF or equivalent. Above the manager no one knows anything about the game. We'll continue to struggle if we dont get one in.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 20 Jan 2022 08:35

Get those bed sheets painted in time for Saturday people.

Pauno out
Sack the board

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Do fans have to take action ASAP?

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jan 2022 09:26

tmesis
YorkshireRoyal99 I think the easiest and a proven way to change your results is to change your manager, however that doesn't look like it's happening.

It's neither easiest nor proven. Plenty of managers come in and make little difference. If it was such a proven method, clubs wouldn't be sacking their new manager every year or so.

It's just that the media, who like to make a story where there isn't one, are very quick to suggest that the manager is the root of any dip in performance, and that getting somebody else is the solution.

I think most fans are aware the clubs issue run far deeper than Pauno, however what reflects on him right now are results and we aren't getting any. A manager isn't going to come in and transform the club within the next 12 months, but a manager for the remainder of the season who can pick us up half a dozen wins would do us the world of good, I can't see that happening at the moment.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Jan 2022 09:42

How about a walk out in a designated minute? I`ve seen it tried at other clubs. but with the expected crowd on Saturday it`s unlikely that anyone will notice the difference.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Jan 2022 09:44

Just don't go. Don't go to the games, it is a really easy protest to do. Save your money and don't support a manager or team who aren't worthy of it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 09:58

Fair suggestion but the trouble with the boycott option is that unless it's followed en masse with a dedicated spread the word protest campaign it is very unlikely to be effective. At best gates will go from 9k to 7k and likely few people would notice and they'd just be branded apathetic.

If those same 2000 fans were to do something active, be it a protest outside the ground, holding banners, shouting "pauno out", sitting with their backs to the match, swinging pants, [insert your idea here], it would have a positive disruptive effect.

Whatever fans decide, it needs to be done quickly and needs to be coordinated.

Who were the geniuses behind Pants Day? Where are you guys/girls?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jan 2022 10:03

I can't imagine many non-season ticket holders are attending, are they? so if the protest was people not turning up, then that's not really going to hit the club. The ticket has already been paid for by having the season ticket. Matchday revenue? not sure how it works but I imagine compass the service provider takes most of the revenue don't they? we need pitchforks and banners

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 10:18

I just wonder what fans can actually do. The club is owned by someone who has no idea of the history and traditions of the football club, who regards it as a personal plaything and who - presumably - doesn't give a damn what supporters think. There's no reason why he should care about their gate money, either - it's a drop in the ocean to him.

P*ss him off too much by generating negative publicity and he might well lose interest in this failed toy and walk away.

At which point you have a club with no owner that doesn't own the land it plays on, and no prospect of anyone buying it because any buyer will have to pay off the £230M+ debt he will have saddled it with. At which point Derby's problems will seem trivial compared to ours...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 11:16

I think there is lots we can do, we just have to do it. And quickly. But your point about not pissing off the Owners is a very valid one so yes it would have to be respectful for sure.

I don't see how a focussed campaign to sideline Pauno from active team management to save us from relegation would piss Owner off. Surely he is as desperate as we are to stay up and if fans are calling for something that they genuinely feel will help the cause he would listen and not take it personally. We understand his hands are tied if he's not allowed to sack him (presumably!?) but my suggestion at the start of this thread has only ever been to put him on garden leave, respectful of the Owner's situation.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Jan 2022 11:28

Apparently, Chinese and Serbian cultures share a very deep & meaningful superstitious nature, in the face of desperation, but remaining within the rules, (who needs to get banned from the stadium) why not consider a few protest options around the following suggestions:-

The Chinese loathe and detest losing face, missing fans and low attendances doesn't seem to have made any impact thus far, but covered faces and or backs turned may be more significant?

The number 4 is considered to be the most unlucky number, protest in the 4th minute perhaps?
or perhaps remain in the concourse until the 4th minute, the Beard band did something similar years ago and that made an impact

The Serbians have a problem with bread being unlucky, if it is upside down, (who knew)

These may seem pretty lame ideas at first, but the pants protest grew from an initial idea to simply place a pair of pants on JM's car by each fan who chose to protest, in the hope that the car would be buried under a mountain of pants right outside the hotel and stadium entrance.

Thanks to the dedicated efforts of a number of fans, the idea gained traction and we all stayed out of gaol!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jan 2022 11:30

EDIT - Replying To Millsy's post

You may be right. But I can't help but fear that supporters are a total irrelevance to the chairman.

He won't listen to them or do what they tell him (in fact, he may actively resist doing that as a show of strength and power).

All he'll do is what Kia Joorabchian advises him to, and that's a tragic prospect...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 13:14

Dirk Gently EDIT - Replying To Millsy's post

You may be right. But I can't help but fear that supporters are a total irrelevance to the chairman.

He won't listen to them or do what they tell him (in fact, he may actively resist doing that as a show of strength and power).

All he'll do is what Kia Joorabchian advises him to, and that's a tragic prospect...

Possibly. Might be some cultural stuff there we don't understand, I don't know.

Would he lose face if he reacts to what the fans want? Would he therefore dig his heels in even more. Quite possibly. I have no answer to that. But I still am in for some urgent action, while I do take your point.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 13:21

Eaststandman Apparently, Chinese and Serbian cultures share a very deep & meaningful superstitious nature, in the face of desperation, but remaining within the rules, (who needs to get banned from the stadium) why not consider a few protest options around the following suggestions:-

The Chinese loathe and detest losing face, missing fans and low attendances doesn't seem to have made any impact thus far, but covered faces and or backs turned may be more significant?

The number 4 is considered to be the most unlucky number, protest in the 4th minute perhaps?
or perhaps remain in the concourse until the 4th minute, the Beard band did something similar years ago and that made an impact

The Serbians have a problem with bread being unlucky, if it is upside down, (who knew)

These may seem pretty lame ideas at first, but the pants protest grew from an initial idea to simply place a pair of pants on JM's car by each fan who chose to protest, in the hope that the car would be buried under a mountain of pants right outside the hotel and stadium entrance.

Thanks to the dedicated efforts of a number of fans, the idea gained traction and we all stayed out of gaol!

Read this after replying to Dirk.

Good post.

Yes I suspected Chinese folk might hate losing face but then that makes it more dodgy surely. If we do something, especially a a 4th minute thing, which seems very specific to him, then he might not only take that personally but if face is lost surely he'll just be pissed off.

If you own a business and the "little people" of that business, be they insignificant staff or customers start causing trouble and you cave in to that, then surely that makes you look very weak to your fellow businessmen. Best case scenario, he loses face, blames Pauno for it, loses his cool and gets rid of Pauno. Worst case scenario he loses face, digs in further, hates the club and screws it up.

Thanks Dirk for this can of worms! :P

Still think we need to do something, but stay respectful.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 Jan 2022 13:34

Maybe the owners would respond to this:

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 20 Jan 2022 14:20

I hear you Millsy, but l don't agree, there cannot be any kind of protest without risk. Its pretty late in the day to be too deferential to the owner, Paunovic is his man and attention needs to be drawn to our predicament before its too late! Pants passed off Pardew, but Mr Mad understood. The 4th minute late arrival is my personal, preferred option and alternative ideas are welcome. Like you, l think doing nothing is the worst option!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Jan 2022 09:56

Can someone pop around to Pauno's house/hotel room and 'have a word'? Or pass him a note which he can tuck into his sock after reading.

Or does anyone have the contact details of Mr Dai? A strongly worded email may suffice

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Jan 2022 17:30

BUMP

It's been two weeks since this thread went up with a reasonable alternative to a sacking if we're not "allowed" to afford it.

Several defeats.

Serious situation.

Are we still going to dick around with vague banners targetting noone, and only positive chants?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2022 17:31

Millsy BUMP

It's been two weeks since this thread went up with a reasonable alternative to a sacking if we're not "allowed" to afford it.

Several defeats.

Serious situation.

Are we still going to dick around with vague banners targetting noone, and only positive chants?

Feel free to act.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Jan 2022 17:33

Snowflake Royal
Millsy BUMP

Several defeats.

Serious situation.

Feel free to act.

:roll:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jan 2022 17:40

Let's organise a protest.

Seriously

We are the most hard-pressed and hard-core fans posting on here

Surely we can organise something and take action ? Otherwise it will be those plastic club1871 with their fake meaningless banner and articles online.

Come on guys!!!!

157 posts