McNulty

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

McNulty

by Uke » 25 Jan 2022 23:31

Not a happy bunny with the way he’s been treated

“I might end up working as a cleaner here at St Andrews (Dundee United’s training base), you don’t know!

“But for me, with all the s*** I have seen there (at Reading) over the years, I’m just glad it’s going to be over and I don’t have to go back down there.

“I would probably be more happy to be unemployed than go through that s**** again.

“I have talked about it before and at some point I will come out and say exactly what’s gone on.

“It’s not how you should run football clubs or deal with players who show you respect.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/f ... o-reading/

Courtney Friday saying that there are two sides to every story, but not saying what that other side is

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: McNulty

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Jan 2022 23:56

If being at Reading was so bad, he was free to mutually cancel his contract at any time.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Jan 2022 00:11

tidus_mi2 If being at Reading was so bad, he was free to mutually cancel his contract at any time.

Yep. Same with McCleary's comments recently - yeah club was a bit of a shambles, but you were happy to take the money, instead of heading elsewhere.

During the same period, for instance, Charlie Adam saying he thoroughly enjoyed his year and hoping the club pulled out of its current malaise. Clearly wasn't like working down the Siberian salt-mines or anything

I mean, McCleary I guess has some cause and justification - he'd been here for years and contributed to the club's successes, and was treated shabbily. But what did McNulty ever do?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jan 2022 00:35

The amount of managers we have had in his stint with us, and clearly none rated him for whatever reason tells its own story.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Jan 2022 03:25

He was utter shite, we paid a lot for him, and he has hardly set the world alight in Europes worst top division.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Jan 2022 07:44

Jackson Corner He was utter shite, we paid a lot for him, and he has hardly set the world alight in Europes worst top division.

It isn’t even the worst top division in Britain, let alone Europe.

Scotland is ranked 9th out of 55 by UEFA.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jan 2022 08:17

He really wasn’t given a chance so I can see why he was pissed off but yes he would have been handsomely paid which he clearly doesn’t acknowledge.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2022 08:18

I'm surprised that anyone can still leap to side with the club on stuff like this.

We've now heard from Baldock, McCleary and McNulty about what a mess we are behind the scenes.

We've had three years of transfer embargos
A points deduction
A new manager every season bar this one (so far though most the fans want Pauno out) for about 6 or 7 years
We've hired a new manager whilst the old one was still in post - treating Bowen disgracefully
We've frozen out half a dozen players unprofessionally including
Gunter
McCleary
Baldock
Mannone
McNulty
Moore
And arguably Aluko

Even if they're shit or trouble makers there are ways of doing things and the way we handled Moore certainly isn’t one of them regardless of how much of a money grabbing waste space he is.

It's pretty clear RFC is rotten to the core.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Jan 2022 08:32

I remember how everyone said he was shit when he arrived :roll:

Why are we turning players to shit? Why are we freezing out so many?

We agreed the budget and his cost. Why should he “quit”?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 08:44

tidus_mi2 If being at Reading was so bad, he was free to mutually cancel his contract at any time.

Exactly.

Oh poor McNulty :roll: yawn

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 08:45

Snowflake Royal I'm surprised that anyone can still leap to side with the club on stuff like this.

We've now heard from Baldock, McCleary and McNulty about what a mess we are behind the scenes.

We've had three years of transfer embargos
A points deduction
A new manager every season bar this one (so far though most the fans want Pauno out) for about 6 or 7 years
We've hired a new manager whilst the old one was still in post - treating Bowen disgracefully
We've frozen out half a dozen players unprofessionally including
Gunter
McCleary
Baldock
Mannone
McNulty
Moore
And arguably Aluko

Even if they're shit or trouble makers there are ways of doing things and the way we handled Moore certainly isn’t one of them regardless of how much of a money grabbing waste space he is.

It's pretty clear RFC is rotten to the core.

Because it’s OUR shit Ian. We can call it shit but no one else can.

As far as McNulty goes… :lol: giving mysterious and suspenseful interviews, like anyone actually cares what he has to say. M8 most people don’t even know you exist. Not our fault you were so shit. You also might as well be cleaning toilets or whatever, awful “striker”.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jan 2022 08:46

Uke I remember how everyone said he was shit when he arrived :roll:

Yep fair point. No need for him to quit.
I thought the way we treated McCleary and Gunter was appalling. Two long serving and well respected pros told to train with the kids and would have been excluded from the team photo shoot if they hadn’t insisted on being involved. That’s no way to treat an employee.

The stuff on Moore was again very poorly handled. It should not have come out in the way that it did. Exiling your club captain having been heavily criticised in public is not a good look.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Jan 2022 08:49

You get a job, they treat you like shit and what you’re meant to resign and not have a job? Get a transfer - out of the transfer window?

I do like the way people don’t apply any logic or common sense to football.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 08:54

leon

You get a job, they treat you like shit and what you’re meant to resign and not have a job? Get a transfer - out of the transfer window?

I dunno, depends on how shit the job is, how badly I need it, and how easily I can get another one.

If I was treated that shit I’d just leave.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jan 2022 09:14

Clearly things didn’t go well and it can’t have been nice for him, clearly not being wanted, rated and being looked to be shipped out constantly

Shame for him but guess that’s football to an extent and the real issue is us giving him a big 4 year deal when he obvs wasn’t up to the job. Had it been two years and he’d pissed off back then, nobody would have batted much of an eyelid

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jan 2022 09:20

I still haven’t batted much of an eyelid. Tbf I forgot he was still contracted to us. Such a nothing player and I doubt his wages are high - just higher than he’s worth and higher than anyone in farmer’s league are willing to pay for a cleaner.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jan 2022 09:22

4 year contracts given to:
Pogrebnyak
Moore
Aluko
McNulty
Meite.

1 in 5 success story.

NEVER do it again!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2022 09:26

It is strange that he didn't got a proper opportunity under any of the managers, despite how desperately we needed a striker at times. Either he was awful in training, had a stinking attitude, or there was some sort of financial implications of him playing - ie 15+ games we owed Cov an extra £xxx. Maybe a combination of the three.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 26 Jan 2022 09:29

CountryRoyal
leon

I dunno, depends on how shit the job is, how badly I need it, and how easily I can get another one.

If I was treated that shit I’d just leave.

Wasn't given the chance he wanted / deserved, it happens. When not given a chance, you prove to people you are, players are literally paid to play football and put the effort in to train. If you dont do that properly, you go and train elsewhere. I dont see the issue. It wasn't like he was impressing anyone here.
He was is a much bigger wage than he deserves and know one was willing to match it. Sounds like every club didn't want to pay him what he wanted / was on. So either be willing to take a pay cut or suck it up. Is there a big line of clubs waiting to sign him up?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jan 2022 09:32

I believe that he is correct regarding many underlying issues with the club that we are all coming to know about more and more as more and more players speak up about their time at the club, but I suppose there are two sides to every story after all.

I don't necessarily agree with "alienating" players from the first team squad, but at the same time if these players have clearly been told that they are not part of the managers plans for whatever reasons, they are well within their rights to go and negotiate deals with their agents with other clubs. Of course transfer fees and wages will be an issue, but they can control the wages aspect of that with their agents. I don't think McNulty or others are completely blameless in this whole fiasco, but I can fully understand their points of view as well.