Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Stranded » 06 May 2022 13:10

NathStPaul
Hendo
Nameless
Dann extended already though didn’t he ?

I’d think 6 would be definite

Yiadom
Holmes
Azeez
Rino
Laurent
Hoilett

Morrison I’d question unless there is a coaching option but I have no idea what his coaching credentials are. Extending Dann’s Deal looks an error as I think we need one or the other, not both.

Would be very happy if we could get those 6 back.

Not sure about Hoilett. If there is a younger option out there of similar ability I would much rather go down that route. Not saying he is awful by any means, would rather just look to the future.

Agreed but think Ince likes him - has a decent work ethic, most games, and offers something going forward - maybe a younger option that can share the workload would be worthwhile. I would imagine Hoilett will sign if we want him as he has his one and only chance to play in a WC coming up and won't want to risk being without a club (though imagine he could easily get a move to the MLS if needs be).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 06 May 2022 13:13

Hound If you got those back we could line up something like

Southwood
Yiadom Dann Holmes McIntyre
Rino Laurent
Meite Ejaria Hoilett
Joao

Jokull, Tetek, Moore, Clarke, Ehib

Without making another signing. Which doesn’t look miles off when you add some freebies into the mix. Probably about where we want to get to in the next month or so

I wouldn't want to be starting the season with Southwood tbh. I think we have seen enough to suggest the Championship is a bit above his level. No issue with his shot stopping but his command of the box is really poor. We really need to bring in an experienced keeper who can marshall what is a pretty ropey defence imo.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 May 2022 15:07

Paul Ince on keeping his son at #ReadingFC:

“If I’m here or not I’d tell him to sign here as it’s a great place but players out of contract always get offers so that’s something he’d have to consider.

If I stay, he’s definitely staying, he’s got no choice then.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/RFCLatest/st ... 0855803905

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 11:13

Nameless
Hound Yiadom surely

I’d be surprised if he wanted Morro and Dann on playing contracts

Dann extended already though didn’t he ?

I’d think 6 would be definite

Yiadom
Holmes
Azeez
Rino
Laurent
Hoilett

Morrison I’d question unless there is a coaching option but I have no idea what his coaching credentials are. Extending Dann’s Deal looks an error as I think we need one or the other, not both.

Forgot about Yiadom. Fair point on Ince as more of a signing.

Morrison - I agree we shouldn't have him and Dann and was when I started stretching. I'd have had him over Dann most days though. As I've said from before Dann signed on longer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 11:17

Southwood
Rino Laurent
Meite Ejaria Hoilett
Joao

Without making another signing. Which doesn’t look miles off when you add some freebies into the mix. Probably about where we want to get to in the next month or so

If we managed to play that defence for 25 games in a season I'd be surprised. And it's slower than a zamboni. We'd be in real trouble.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2022 13:06

Snowflake Royal

Southwood
Rino Laurent
Meite Ejaria Hoilett
Joao

If we managed to play that defence for 25 games in a season I'd be surprised. And it's slower than a zamboni. We'd be in real trouble.

Yeah not ideal but very much a starting point (obvs would not want TMc at Lb)

Would need a decent LB and a pacy CB imo

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2022 13:11

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Southwood
Rino Laurent
Meite Ejaria Hoilett
Joao

Yeah not ideal but very much a starting point (obvs would not want TMc at Lb)

Would need a decent LB and a pacy CB imo

Agreed :)

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 May 2022 15:58

I wish fans and BBCRB would knock the Dyche option on the head. It's not an option and he ain't coming.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 May 2022 17:20

Ascotexgunner I wish fans and BBCRB would knock the Dyche option on the head. It's not an option and he ain't coming.

Fukking dumb arses. :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 May 2022 17:32

A bit worried that Azeez cannot last more than a few games before getting injured.
We cannot have another season of being in a perpetual injury crisis so the club really need to check injury records for any potential new signing

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 07 May 2022 17:39

I think Ince did a great job to keep us up but those last 3 defeats doesn't bode well.

My vote is for Warburton if he doesn't resign with QPR

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 May 2022 17:55

We could probably move McIntyre into midfield which would cover for one of Rino/Laurent leaving as he seems as if he may be capable there with a bit more experience. That then frees up a spot at CB to bring in someone with a bit of pace.

The key areas for me are definitely getting Yiadom, Holmes, Rino/Laurent (preferably both) and Hoilett signed on for next season minimum. Then we need a GK, left back (possibly another full back as well), another CB, a creative midfielder (or two), possibly another wide option and a CF option. That would mean Moore and Puscas leaving the club also.

I wouldn't be too disappointed at losing Morrison, Thomas, Barker or Nyland to be honest. Morrison maybe moving into a coaching role with the U18's or something, depending on if he's qualified.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 May 2022 18:21

YorkshireRoyal99
The key areas for me are definitely getting Yiadom, Holmes, Rino/Laurent (preferably both) and Hoilett signed on for next season minimum.

Given the players have no more idea as to what's going on than we do. Then not unreasonable that they would be open to offers and their agents freely touting them.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 May 2022 19:33

Well that's it, season over and done with!! Things now get interesting....next week should see a lot happening, starting with Paul Ince and then finding out who's leaving and who's staying.
I like Paul Ince, and i'm sure the fans will always be indebted for keeping us in the Championship under tough circumstances and for that i commend him.
However, the last three games have been terrible, lethargic and lackluster to say the least and his post match comments have baffled me!! and don't bode well for the future, so for this reason i'm out.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 May 2022 14:29

Loafer Assuming the thick racist is talking about parky again?

Wouldn't want him near our club, can't even get his team with a league 1 budget to go top of the league

And he has never ever cut it at this level as a successful manager

ince in

Wrexham beat Stockport 3-0 top of the league Simps I bet you're feeling extra-thick right now.

Gotta be Parky.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 May 2022 14:32

Zip
karbota Short and long term.

Gotta be Parky's turn teamed up with the Mad Dog Allen.

He can’t even cut it in non League with a vast budget and huge crowds at that level. Absolutely not.

Bet you feel a bit foolish now Top of the league.

Gotta be Parky.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 May 2022 16:16

Crowbar6753 Well that's it, season over and done with!! Things now get interesting....next week should see a lot happening, starting with Paul Ince and then finding out who's leaving and who's staying.
I like Paul Ince, and i'm sure the fans will always be indebted for keeping us in the Championship under tough circumstances and for that i commend him.
However, the last three games have been terrible, lethargic and lackluster to say the least and his post match comments have baffled me!! and don't bode well for the future, so for this reason i'm out.

I was looking forward to hearing about the retained / leaving list and news on Ince’s future.

But then I remembered just how poor our comms and leadership currently is - we will more than likely hear nothing at all until pre season training resumes in July.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2022 21:43

royalp-we
Crowbar6753 Well that's it, season over and done with!! Things now get interesting....next week should see a lot happening, starting with Paul Ince and then finding out who's leaving and who's staying.

I was looking forward to hearing about the retained / leaving list and news on Ince’s future.

But then I remembered just how poor our comms and leadership currently is - we will more than likely hear nothing at all until pre season training resumes in July.

Just 6 weeks away. The clock is already ticking.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 May 2022 23:06

karbota
Zip

He can’t even cut it in non League with a vast budget and huge crowds at that level. Absolutely not.

Gotta be Parky.

Extremely well funded National League team vs Basketcase Championship team.

If Parky can keep doing well sure but right now, he's not on our level.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 May 2022 23:45

karbota
Zip

Gotta be Parky.

Taxi for zip

969 posts