Next Reading Manager

969 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Reading Manager

by windermereROYAL » 16 May 2022 18:47

YorkshireRoyal99
windermereROYAL I`m happy with it, Paul was bought in with a seriously under achieving squad, did the job with only the last few games being a bit of a downer after our safety was confirmed.
He now has a chance to build his own squad over the summer with his own son involved i would guess.
I`m all for getting someone in to take the club forward rather than the yearly managerial changes.

What's to say this won't just be another yearly change? No guarantee of anything.

Dear lord, change the headlines to suit yourself, you could say that about any manager we bring in, nothing is set in stone and it never will be, but I`m happy to get someone in from these islands with Mark Bowen upstairs to potentially take the club forward rather than annual changes.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 May 2022 18:55

tmesis
NathStPaul What a bleak appointment (on the face of it). Far better candidates out there who no doubt were overlooked by the decision makers.

As I see it, Managers we could have gone for >>> Ince >>> managers we would probably have gone for

I don't think Ince is the best option out there, even among realistic options, but I had no faith in the club picking somebody better

This is a fair shout.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2022 19:05

Gone by Christmas

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 May 2022 19:07

genome Gone by Christmas

Thanks Nostradamus, no point in us turning up then.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 May 2022 19:08

genome Gone by Christmas

In defence of the club, we usually aren't that trigger happy. Not that that's really a "defence" as we've held on to managers for far longer than we should have really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 19:16

Ince has some big issues to address and a lot of work to build on and improve from his interim tenure. Basically, needs to do better.

But, lets see how he does. Already done some good work and accomplished his mission.

Bowen should be an excellent addition, but lost some respect for him coming back after his shambles exit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2022 19:21

YorkshireRoyal99
genome Gone by Christmas

In defence of the club, we usually aren't that trigger happy. Not that that's really a "defence" as we've held on to managers for far longer than we should have really.

Incorrect.

Gomes, Clement, Clarke, Rodgers, All gone before Xmas in the first 'full' season. McDermott2 and Bowen didn't make the start of a new season. Adkins went in December of his 2nd full season.

It's only Stam and Clownovic that got lots of time (way too much in both cases).

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 May 2022 19:29

How long before we hear about the Tom Ince singing. . . . .

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 May 2022 19:32

I am happy about Bowen. Under his management I generally felt more confident that we’d win the game. Basically, since he left I have had no confidence apart from a handful of games when Pauno first took charge.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 May 2022 19:32

I cba to scroll back a page

Is he confirmed then like I have been begging for ages?

Do we have a BAME manager?

Has KKKraphead had a meltdown?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 May 2022 19:33

NathStPaul What a bleak appointment (on the face of it). Far better candidates out there who no doubt were overlooked by the decision makers.

:lol:

:roll:

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 May 2022 19:33

Blackbag

Some of our supporters are never fu(king happy

+1

Normally the bedwetting ones

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 May 2022 19:47

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
genome Gone by Christmas

Incorrect.

Gomes, Clement, Clarke, Rodgers, All gone before Xmas in the first 'full' season. McDermott2 and Bowen didn't make the start of a new season. Adkins went in December of his 2nd full season.

It's only Stam and Clownovic that got lots of time (way too much in both cases).

The point wasn't on sacked before Christmas, the point was we've held on for managers for longer than we should. Adkins, Rodgers and Clement join Stam and Paunovic.

EDIT: I was also referring to the current owners we have as well. It would obviously be different under different ownership.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2022 20:31

Underwhelming but makes a lot more sense than most of our recent managerial appointments. Safe apppointment IMO. Not sure Ince is any better or any worse than anyone of the other suggested names in the circumstances. At least Ince knows the full picture and is going in with his eyes open. More impressed with Bowen coming back. He talked a lot of sense when he came in as a consultant/DoF previously. I think he'll work well with Ince, they both seem to have a clear vision and are singing off the same hymn sheet.

I just hope that with the reappointment of Bowen and some of the things Ince has said recently regarding club structure, it heralds a genuine change of tack in the boardroom

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 May 2022 21:10

From Despair To Where? Underwhelming but makes a lot more sense than most of our recent managerial appointments. Safe apppointment IMO. Not sure Ince is any better or any worse than anyone of the other suggested names in the circumstances. At least Ince knows the full picture and is going in with his eyes open. More impressed with Bowen coming back. He talked a lot of sense when he came in as a consultant/DoF previously. I think he'll work well with Ince, they both seem to have a clear vision and are singing off the same hymn sheet.

I just hope that with the reappointment of Bowen and some of the things Ince has said recently regarding club structure, it heralds a genuine change of tack in the boardroom

I'm not too sure why we didn't replace Bowen after he was made the permanent manager, or definitely when Paunovic was in charge as well, unless we just couldn't find someone for that role but I don't find that all too likely either.

But agree, think it's good to have Bowen back and Ince knows who and what is needed here, I just hope he can change our fortunes around.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 May 2022 21:21

Happy enough with both appointments

At least done early, got the structure in place and can now work out who we want to make an effort to keep or bin off

Ince and Bowen two experienced heads who should hopefully work well together and in the same direction

Pretty solid and boring is probably what we need

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 May 2022 21:48

windermereROYAL
genome Gone by Christmas

Nobody will be turning up now that Ince is our permanent manager. Season ticket sales will go through the floor.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 May 2022 22:05

Elm Park Kid How long before we hear about the Tom Ince singing. . . . .

He sings as well?

Anyway - I'm happy that we have a DOF as well as a manager - it's much needed. I'm also happy that the decisions were made early on, which should give a bit of clarity to contract negotiations.
Bowen should be fine for DOF. Ince OTOH, is meh, but it definitely could have been worse.
So overall, I'm reasonably satisfied.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2022 22:07

NathStPaul
windermereROYAL
genome Gone by Christmas

Nobody will be turning up now that Ince is our permanent manager. Season ticket sales will go through the floor.

They won’t.

Decent appointment considering where we are…. Looking forward to next season.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 16 May 2022 22:22

Good to see the appointment has now been made. Yeah there is probably better managers out there but Ince knows the squad, knows who he will want to keep and knows what he wants to add.

Hopefully we can get a good bit of the recruitment done early as well.

Glad to see Bowen back as well.

969 posts