Ince out!

1204 posts
Blackbag

Re: Ince out!

by Blackbag » 21 Mar 2022 18:15

Delboy If he keeps us up , give him the managers job. He will know the players, will not be expensive , will know how to deal with a relegation scrap if needed next season . Know which players to offer contracts .

Agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2022 21:55

(WL)LLDWDW.

Not bad at Paul. You've even started making earlier positive subs! :D

That's some turnaround from

DLDLLLLLLLLDW under Clowno

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Apr 2022 22:01

Snowflake Royal (WL)LLDWDW.

Very impressed with the subs, just brilliant, exactly what we needed at the right time too.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2022 22:01

Different squad availability until Pauno got his win, …

But what the hell…Ince Out, In out, we shake it all about…

…another season of escapism under the brief tenure of yet another manager.

Sort it out Ian..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2022 22:02

Millsy
Snowflake Royal (WL)LLDWDW.

Very impressed with the subs, just brilliant, exactly what we needed at the right time too.

Should have brought on Bashiru at HT mind you.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Apr 2022 23:04

Ince IN (until end of season)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Apr 2022 19:27

You can't argue that he's had a better selection of players to work with than Pauno had this season but we've just picked up additional second half points in 4 successive games, we've not done that for years.

We've got gritty and are picking up points at the business end of the season, if he keeps us up, he deserves a new deal

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 07 Apr 2022 08:43

Ince out

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Apr 2022 09:40

Ince has done a fantastic job. If this is his interview for a full time position then he has earned it. Players have some fight. There is structure to the team. We are better defensively and we are creating chances. He is grinding out performances needed to keep us in the league when 10 games ago we appeared doomed.

Oh, and above all, and probably more importantly, since the debacle of Peterborough he and the team are connecting with the fans again. Great to see. Paul Ince name being chanted on Tuesday was a positive step. Keep us up, happy for him to be given a contract and rebuild.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Apr 2022 10:00

SouthDownsRoyal Ince out

Grow the fcuk up.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Apr 2022 10:01

paultheroyal Ince has done a fantastic job.

He hasn't. He just had a very low bar set for him by the previous manager, it would have been hard to have done worse. We have a squad who based on ability alone should be at least midtable so lets not get over excited when it comes to Ince. He has done the minimum that was asked of him which is to keep us up.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Apr 2022 10:07

NathStPaul

He hasn't. He just had a very low bar set for him by the previous manager, it would have been hard to have done worse. We have a squad who based on ability alone should be at least midtable so lets not get over excited when it comes to Ince. He has done the minimum that was asked of him which is to keep us up.

Not sure that's wholly fair. When a bus is hurtling in the wrong direction, you've got to apply the brakes and turn it around, and Ince appears to have done that. I'm still on the fence, tbf. Not a manager I rated before he came to Reading, but as above, this isn't a bad audition for the role full-time. In the absence of any obviously better candidates emerging, he has done more than enough to earn a transfer window and pre-season with this squad.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Apr 2022 10:11

Sanguine
NathStPaul

Not sure that's wholly fair. When a bus is hurtling in the wrong direction, you've got to apply the brakes and turn it around, and Ince appears to have done that. I'm still on the fence, tbf. Not a manager I rated before he came to Reading, but as above, this isn't a bad audition for the role full-time. In the absence of any obviously better candidates emerging, he has done more than enough to earn a transfer window and pre-season with this squad.

Oh don't get me wrong, he has done everything asked of him. Wouldn't call it 'fantastic' though. I would argue that you could have gone in as manager and got more of a tune out of the players than Paunovic did, they just needed a bit of man management.

I question how much Ince wants it full time. If he wants it then come out and make it clear, give an idea of the direction he wants to go in. I might be a bit more on board with him if he came over as more enthused about staying at the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Apr 2022 10:14

Definitely not going overboard with him, but it’s difficult to argue he has done a good - very good job so far (still work to do of course)

There were plenty of articles and opinions about how we were nailed on for relegation - players ooc, not caring, injuries, losing mentality etc

We can’t now brush that under the carpet and say he’s only doing as well as he should with the squad we have

Whether he can build a team to start properly dominating games and win comfortably rather than holding on and having a helping hand of luck along the way is what id like to see

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Apr 2022 10:22

I'm tentatively pleased with the improvement in defence - Forest, who are flying, the only team since the Blackpool collapse to score more than once against us, in six games.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Apr 2022 10:31

Sanguine I'm tentatively pleased with the improvement in defence - Forest, who are flying, the only team since the Blackpool collapse to score more than once against us, in six games.

This.

The fact that the midfield and defence look just a bit more solid - that Drinkwater has started to look like the player he can be, is positive.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Apr 2022 10:51

He's done well thus far, however the job isn't done yet. Certainly think he's in with a shout of being the manager full time, I just don't think interim managers that earn a permanent position ever end up being wholly successful really. Sometimes it's not always unsuccessful, but it seems to be more bad than good. Ironically, in the PL era, the 3rd best manager in the entire league ever is "No manager", meaning interims or a club without a permanent manager in charge.

I'll still stick with my thoughts of we should shake hands at the end of the season and say job well done should we get over the line, which is looking more and more likely. But I can completely understand the argument towards giving him the job where (at the moment) he has probably earned more opportunity in the role and it may give us more stability as well.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Apr 2022 11:21

NathStPaul

Cant overly agree with that. We were an utter shambles, devoid of any confidence, that does not appear to be the case anymore. As Sanguine says, the likes of Drinkwater has come alive, he shouldnt have too, but no coincidence that he has. Plenty of other managers have come in at other clubs recently and had no impact. Same cant be said for Ince who has bucked the trend and given us real hope. 2 wins from safety (and thats factoring slip ups from other teams) with 6 to go is very positive to where we were many games ago.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 07 Apr 2022 12:44

NathStPaul I question how much Ince wants it full time. If he wants it then come out and make it clear, give an idea of the direction he wants to go in. I might be a bit more on board with him if he came over as more enthused about staying at the club.

Does that really matter though? Easy for him to spout a load of fluff about how great Reading is. Always remember Pauno saying similar things, how he couldn't wait to try the local beer, meet the fans etc. Not sure how many people would take him up on a pint now. I take it that Ince is fully concentrated on the task in hand, keep us in the division, and nothing else. If he does that, then he's earned the chance to talk a bit more.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Apr 2022 12:54

Since Peterborough away, we've won 4, drawn 2, lost 3.

1.5 PPG. If Ince continues or betters that over the last 6 games I think he's earned a chance.

1204 posts