Ince out!

1204 posts
elrey

Re: Ince out!

by elrey » 09 Nov 2022 11:07

I can't see things picking up.

At EVERY CLUB, except his first spell at MK Dons he reaches a point where he can no longer win matches. Then he gets fired. He's NEVER made it past one year at any club.

He's just that kind of guy who can put a bit of ummph up the bums of players for a short time, and then he loses it because it's not sustainable. Might as well get rid of him now, give the next guy some time over the World Cup to sort things out.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Nov 2022 11:16

elrey I can't see things picking up.

At EVERY CLUB, except his first spell at MK Dons he reaches a point where he can no longer win matches. Then he gets fired. He's NEVER made it past one year at any club.

He's just that kind of guy who can put a bit of ummph up the bums of players for a short time, and then he loses it because it's not sustainable. Might as well get rid of him now, give the next guy some time over the World Cup to sort things out.

And changing managers eery year has done us the world of good in recent times

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Nov 2022 11:48

At EVERY CLUB, except his first spell at MK Dons he reaches a point where he can no longer win matches. Then he gets fired.

Isn't that the case with pretty much every manager at some point, except for a legendary few? Almost every manager gets sacked at some point and obvioiusly it always happens when they can't win matches.

It's like the old joke "What always happens after a dry spell?" "It rains."

Inevitably the same will happen with Ince if form continues. But let's forget we were one of the favoruites to go down with all the restrictions, so mid-table is a success.

elrey

by elrey » 09 Nov 2022 11:52

windermereROYAL

Yeah, well, Ince saved us from relegation, Pauno saved us from relegation. We only have 25 points, it's not enough to stay up, and this looks like a competitive season.

After 20 games, 20 points is the lowest (Huddlesfield could be 21 points if they win their next game) four teams, including Reading, didn't make it to a point a game last season. Things could change, but Huddlesfield and West Brom and Hull and Cardiff have a slightly better record in the last 5 games than we do, and looking at Ince's record we may never see another Ince win for Reading.

Ince did well, he's not doing well, time for someone else to push us above 46 points.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Nov 2022 11:56

elrey
windermereROYAL

Yeah, well, Ince saved us from relegation, Pauno saved us from relegation. We only have 25 points, it's not enough to stay up, and this looks like a competitive season.

After 20 games, 20 points is the lowest (Huddlesfield could be 21 points if they win their next game) four teams, including Reading, didn't make it to a point a game last season. Things could change, but Huddlesfield and West Brom and Hull and Cardiff have a slightly better record in the last 5 games than we do, and looking at Ince's record we may never see another Ince win for Reading.

Ince did well, he's not doing well, time for someone else to push us above 46 points.

We got 47 points last season even though we had 6 taken off of us.

elrey

by elrey » 09 Nov 2022 12:00

Millsy

At EVERY CLUB, except his first spell at MK Dons he reaches a point where he can no longer win matches. Then he gets fired.

Isn't that the case with pretty much every manager at some point, except for a legendary few? Almost every manager gets sacked at some point and obvioiusly it always happens when they can't win matches.

It's like the old joke "What always happens after a dry spell?" "It rains."

Inevitably the same will happen with Ince if form continues. But let's forget we were one of the favoruites to go down with all the restrictions, so mid-table is a success.

Yep, most teams in the Championship end up firing their manager at some point, or they get poached.

Mark Robins is the longest serving manager in the Championship, nearly 6 years, then Rowett at Millwall 3 years, then Jones at Luton (will he leave) 2.5 years. The reality is if you look at Ince's record, he's never made it out of a bad patch, but he always gets in them. I criticized Pauno for having not a great record, but Ince's is like suicide at the end. It's awful. If we lose to Hull who would we be able to beat then? No one.

We know the kind of manager who has skills enough to pick players up for a short period of time. In my job it's the same. You can pick people up but if you do things wrong you'll lose them and never get them back again. I've been there. I've changed. Has Ince? No, recent form, recent tepid three shots on target in two games, the only win since the 1st October coming against a team in 20th, and moral has probably dipped since then too.

So what is there? Should we have kept Pauno and got relegated with him? Because that was where we were headed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Nov 2022 12:03

windermereROYAL
elrey
windermereROYAL

The way results are going this season with most teams seemingly lacking any real consistency, I reckon we'll need far more than 47 points to survive. I suspect we may be looking at 52-54. Equally, the fifth and sixth teams are likely to get into the playoffs with relatively low points totals compared to most other seasons.

elrey

by elrey » 09 Nov 2022 12:11

windermereROYAL
elrey
windermereROYAL

Yep, 29 for Pauno, 18 for Ince.

Pauno had 31 games, 8 wins, 5 draws and 18 defeats. 25.8% wins, 16.1% draws, 58% loses.
Ince had 15 games, 5 wins, 4 draws and seven defeats. 33% wins, 26.6% draws and 46.6% loses.

Were Reading right to fire Pauno? Yep.

This season we're on 20 games, 8 wins, 2 draws and 10 defeats. So, 40% wins, 10% draws and 50% loses. No bad, more loses for Ince this season, more wins too. However the last 10 games have been 2 wins, two draws, 6 defeats. 20% wins, 20% draws, 60% loses. We're worse than Pauno last season.

Pauno went 11 games without a win before being fired. Do we want 7 more games of this? Is this a blip? Or is this an Ince thing? Something that has happened at EVERY CLUB he's been at, except his first spell at MK Dons. Why has he never made it past 365 days at any club?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Nov 2022 12:50

East Stand Ste really?! and who to come in?
also, if Paul goes, Tom will probably follow.

Rest assured Parkinson would keep Tom.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 09 Nov 2022 13:09

If Ince did go then Bowen would be pushed back into the hot seat

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Nov 2022 13:18

Said this previously. If we were actually given the stonewall pen against Burnley this conversation would not be happening.
Dead certs for relegation in July + many people / pundits / fans saying we are over achieving as a whole.........sure sack the manager.
Get a grip! yeah the football is awful recently but you'll find it coincides with Hutchinson getting injured. Plus we have had a fairly stinking runs of games against some very capable teams.
Preston and WBA games are the ones I am more annoyed about than last night.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Nov 2022 13:35

windermereROYAL

Would help if Dai would stop making questionnable management appointments in the first place

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Nov 2022 18:17

Coppells Lost Coat Said this previously. If we were actually given the stonewall pen against Burnley this conversation would not be happening.
Dead certs for relegation in July + many people / pundits / fans saying we are over achieving as a whole.........sure sack the manager.
Get a grip! yeah the football is awful recently but you'll find it coincides with Hutchinson getting injured. Plus we have had a fairly stinking runs of games against some very capable teams.

I'm not sure 8 points from 9 is a whole lot better than 5 tbh. One extra win really doesn’t change a lot it just slows the collapse trend.

Ifs buts and maybes... its the scores on the board the matter.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Nov 2022 18:58

Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat Said this previously. If we were actually given the stonewall pen against Burnley this conversation would not be happening.

I'm not sure 8 points from 9 is a whole lot better than 5 tbh. One extra win really doesn’t change a lot it just slows the collapse trend.

Be honest Ian, he has to go.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Nov 2022 19:01

karbota
Snowflake Royal

ok, but when you’ve finished noshing-off Parky, (and realistically) who who you replace himmwith?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Nov 2022 19:02

Please don't quote me when replying to it. I have no interest.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Nov 2022 19:07

I will reply and quote whoever I want to, thank you very much Ian

That’s how it works here isn’t it?…..you the pastmaster.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Nov 2022 21:46

AthleticoSpizz I will reply and quote whoever I want to, thank you very much Ian

That’s how it works here isn’t it?…..you the pastmaster.

Be careful the Lefties don't like free speech they will try to cancel you.

BTW Congratulations Parky is top of the league.

Conservative_dad
Hob Nob Regular

by Conservative_dad » 09 Nov 2022 22:00

karbota
Snowflake Royal

Is this purely a results thing?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Nov 2022 22:05

Conservative_dad
karbota
Snowflake Royal I'm not sure 8 points from 9 is a whole lot better than 5 tbh. One extra win really doesn’t change a lot it just slows the collapse trend.

Is this purely a results thing?

Tell us more, heard a few rumors about the dressing room from one of the player's relatives.

1204 posts