808 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Aug 2022 19:17

Zip
windermereROYAL
Zip
I’d say it’s more like 6 to 12. We regularly had half the squad out last season.

Think you missed the point there zippers, Ian was saying it`s been constant for up to 18 months, personally I reckon it`s been longer.

Nope. I’m saying it’s even worse than Ian has inferred.

I didn't imply anything, I stated it, you may have inferred something from what I said. :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Aug 2022 19:20

Snowflake Royal
Zip
windermereROYAL
Think you missed the point there zippers, Ian was saying it`s been constant for up to 18 months, personally I reckon it`s been longer.

Nope. I’m saying it’s even worse than Ian has inferred.

I didn't imply anything, I stated it, you may have inferred something from what I said. :wink:

State what you like master Royal but you are understating just how bad it was last season

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2022 09:28

Just seen JLow put up some comments that Dann and Hutchinson back in training; so we’re probably looking at Millwall for the pair of them

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2022 09:35

Must admit, I quite liked that Joao just suddenly appeared on the bench last night without any expectation from anyone. I know as fans we want to know what is going on but sometimes a player unexpectedly returning gives the fans a boost and can throw the opposition planning out.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Aug 2022 18:48

Aside from Hutchinson being fully fit and Dann next week, nothing else in the press conf today.

Despair of our local journos

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2022 20:45

Mid Sussex Royal Aside from Hutchinson being fully fit and Dann next week, nothing else in the press conf today.

Why?

Maybe they asked and Ince wants to keep his cards close to his chest and doesn’t want to reveal anything. Maybe he’ll spring a surprise on ‘wall with Meite being on the bench, like he did with Joao last week.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2022 21:28

Hendo
Mid Sussex Royal Aside from Hutchinson being fully fit and Dann next week, nothing else in the press conf today.

Why?

Maybe they asked and Ince wants to keep his cards close to his chest and doesn’t want to reveal anything. Maybe he’ll spring a surprise on ‘wall with Meite being on the bench, like he did with Joao last week.

Exactly. If we know who is fit again, so do the opposition. So if someone is close, I'd rather the first we know is 2pm Saturday.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2022 21:51

Stranded
Hendo

Why?

Exactly. If we know who is fit again, so do the opposition. So if someone is close, I'd rather the first we know is 2pm Saturday.

Agreed. Gives the fans a boost as well at 2pm when they see a name they weren't expecting in the squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2022 22:03

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Meite back. Be a good boost if so. JLow reckons Tetek as well but obvs less of a thing if he is back and available

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Aug 2022 08:20

Hound Wouldn’t be surprised to see Meite back. Be a good boost if so. JLow reckons Tetek as well but obvs less of a thing if he is back and available

Tetek would be useful just as another option, both at RB and midfield. Can see Henrick running out of steam at some point and he would be a good replacement.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2022 08:55

Hendo
Hound Wouldn’t be surprised to see Meite back. Be a good boost if so. JLow reckons Tetek as well but obvs less of a thing if he is back and available

Tetek would be useful just as another option, both at RB and midfield. Can see Henrick running out of steam at some point and he would be a good replacement.

Agreed. Tetek being back would be a boost to the bench if nothing else with his flexability. He may not be quite there to be a regular starter but if we know he is there then we can push Hendrick for 65/70 and as he tires bring on fresh legs.

Regardless of the tactics, if we were to have a bench tomorrow that included Tetek, Sarr (assuming EFL sign off by 12), Joao (assuming not quite ready to start) and Meite as options then the whole squad looks better.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Aug 2022 09:56

Stranded
Hendo

Agreed. Tetek being back would be a boost to the bench if nothing else with his flexability. He may not be quite there to be a regular starter but if we know he is there then we can push Hendrick for 65/70 and as he tires bring on fresh legs.

Regardless of the tactics, if we were to have a bench tomorrow that included Tetek, Sarr (assuming EFL sign off by 12), Joao (assuming not quite ready to start) and Meite as options then the whole squad looks better.

Yeah our bench begins to look a lot stronger with 3/4 regular players coming back from injuries.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2022 09:57

Stranded
Hendo

A bench with Bouzanis,Sarr, Joao,Meite and Tetek would be untold riches. Add on John Clarke and Camara and it would cover off all bases. It would be hard on Abrefa and Ehib though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2022 12:23

Zip
Stranded
Hendo

A bench with Bouzanis,Sarr, Joao,Meite and Tetek would be untold riches. Add on John Clarke and Camara and it would cover off all bases. It would be hard on Abrefa and Ehib though.

What do we do with everyone fit?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2022 12:59

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Stranded

It’s a nice problem to have if it ever happens. Even just three or four out would leave a very strong bench. This of course has the downside with Academy boys being squeezed out, I would much rather a John Clarke than a Scott Dann on the bench personally

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2022 13:24

Have no doubts the likes of Clarke will still get chances

If Dann is fit, I’d still have him on the bench. Useful cover, scores from set pieces and can help see a game out when needed

Hopefully by next weekend we’ll have everyone except Ovie back

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 26 Aug 2022 19:19

Hendo

Why?

Well, now you've asked, no they don't - someone in my family was a trainee local journo (now works in London) and the only one who ever asks anything like that or difficult questions is Dellor but he quite often isn't there for the weekly catch up - jonathon Low just stands at the back recording it on his phone

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Aug 2022 20:08

Mid Sussex Royal
Hendo

Why?

Well, now you've asked, no they don't - someone in my family was a trainee local journo (now works in London) and the only one who ever asks anything like that or difficult questions is Dellor but he quite often isn't there for the weekly catch up - jonathon Low just stands at the back recording it on his phone

Weird then a current local journalist would say something like this

He didn’t go into specific players as he doesn’t want to give anything away to opposition. just a hunch but wouldn’t surprise me if there was a curve ball on the bench like Joao and Hutch were last couple of weeks. Just a hunch though

https://twitter.com/james_e1871/status/1562798906291154945?s=21&t=k9FAzHYmxSbjj5jMmZdcMA

Unless your family member was a trainee journalist while Ince was manager, I’m afraid it doesn’t hold a lot of weight, as every manager will approach it differently.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Aug 2022 21:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Stranded

I wouldn’t worry about it, I think it’s been well over 2 years since Reading last had a squad with everyone fit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2022 17:56

Tinfoil Conspiracy alert.

Could our horrendous inuury record over the last couple of years all be an insurance con?

Insuring players against injury to help cover wages seems like it might be both sensible and plausible in the industry.

Chances of us faking injuries to claim on the insurance to help cover our ludicrous wage spending?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul in that it would surely dramatically increase our premiums, but to some extent that's a deferred cost.

Just a random idea.

808 posts