Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2022 20:53

If the management feel Moore is worth reintegrating then fine even if it is just to get him mins to make a move in Jan more likely.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2022 21:04

Think it’d be silly to just write him off altogether. Obvs he is at the back of the queue at the moment but if he trains we’ll, has the right attitude (bit like Aluko under Pauno) can still do some sort of job

Obvs best for us if he left but if we can’t shift him and he’s fit may as well have him available

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2022 21:15

And on the oracle thing - how good was it to see the entire squad come down? Really good work that - would have dragged the kids down if I’d known it’d be more than the usual ‘couple of injured squad players’

Well done whoever sorted that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2022 21:21

Hound Think it’d be silly to just write him off altogether. Obvs he is at the back of the queue at the moment but if he trains we’ll, has the right attitude (bit like Aluko under Pauno) can still do some sort of job

Obvs best for us if he left but if we can’t shift him and he’s fit may as well have him available

Quite based on Bowen's comments on the EPR podcast, we have to accept we may lose players in Jan, so Moore may become important if he is fit and not moved on.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Oct 2022 22:53

Mid Sussex Royal Moore is a strange one and something's not right, his twitter feed said a week after the injury at Stoke in March he would be back pre season, that was pushed back to start of Nov by Ince in pre-season, and last we heard from Ince a month ago was 2023

I don't think the club want him near the first team

I hope we find out what happened last season but I doubt we will

Moore was absurdly optimistic about his return (as he always is). Ince has been consistent that he’s expected back in early 2023. Moore’s injury is real.

Moore’s version of events in January is that he told the club he would understand if they sold him to ease the financial crisis, and that the club didn’t interpret his remarks the way he expected them to.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Oct 2022 08:51

If he is fit then it can be a bit of a win-win for us, as we can either use him for the remainder of the season or it might make it easier to move him on in January as clubs would be more willing to go for a player who is at least up to speed physically.

Ultimately, him staying depends on if a) we would/could use him if fit and b) it doesn't impact other deals at the club. If keeping him means we can't sign on at least Carroll and Mbengue for the remainder of the season, then I'd probably rather we moved him on to compensate for those 2 and possibly bring in a replacement for his place in the squad.

At the end of the day, he is leaving in the summer anyway, so we don't have much longer to wait, and we are doing well in the league as it is.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2022 12:37

I'm sure being massively disproprtionately costly in wages compared to quality brought to the side was Bowen's main driver.

When you have a guy on about £30k being displaced by a much younger guy on about £8k it's a bit of a no brainer to transfer list the expensive one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Oct 2022 14:12

YorkshireRoyal99 If he is fit then it can be a bit of a win-win for us, as we can either use him for the remainder of the season or it might make it easier to move him on in January as clubs would be more willing to go for a player who is at least up to speed physically.

Ultimately, him staying depends on if a) we would/could use him if fit and b) it doesn't impact other deals at the club. If keeping him means we can't sign on at least Carroll and Mbengue for the remainder of the season, then I'd probably rather we moved him on to compensate for those 2 and possibly bring in a replacement for his place in the squad.

At the end of the day, he is leaving in the summer anyway, so we don't have much longer to wait, and we are doing well in the league as it is.

Him staying also has a rather major c) another club wanting to sign him in January. There would need to be a club who need a CB willing to take him on with him willing to take a pay cut or us willing to cover x% of his wages. At this stage, it wouldn't surprise me to see him being here until the summer as given the injury clubs may well want to see if he has properly recovered and he may feel he'll have more options come summer both here and possibly in leagues like the MLS.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Oct 2022 14:57

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 If he is fit then it can be a bit of a win-win for us, as we can either use him for the remainder of the season or it might make it easier to move him on in January as clubs would be more willing to go for a player who is at least up to speed physically.

Him staying also has a rather major c) another club wanting to sign him in January. There would need to be a club who need a CB willing to take him on with him willing to take a pay cut or us willing to cover x% of his wages. At this stage, it wouldn't surprise me to see him being here until the summer as given the injury clubs may well want to see if he has properly recovered and he may feel he'll have more options come summer both here and possibly in leagues like the MLS.

True - I didn't include that as the point was on the conditions of him staying. But yes, him staying will also depend on if there is interest. It could happen similar to last season where specific clubs may be willing to pay 30-50% of his weekly wages, which will also help us in bringing others in as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay until the summer as a squad option either. If he is fit, it will make him far easier to use (obviously) but also far easier to offload, the biggest hurdle to overcome is what % of wages a club is willing to cover. I'd imagine any deal would be a loan until the end of the season and then his contract expires. Interested parties may be few though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Oct 2022 21:02

SCIAG
Mid Sussex Royal Moore is a strange one and something's not right, his twitter feed said a week after the injury at Stoke in March he would be back pre season, that was pushed back to start of Nov by Ince in pre-season, and last we heard from Ince a month ago was 2023

Moore was absurdly optimistic about his return (as he always is). Ince has been consistent that he’s expected back in early 2023. Moore’s injury is real.

Moore’s version of events in January is that he told the club he would understand if they sold him to ease the financial crisis, and that the club didn’t interpret his remarks the way he expected them to.

Unfortunately you’ll still get people who hold a bizarre grudge against Moore painting him as the villain. From what I know Moore made other offers to the club regarding money which were pretty much ignored.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2022 12:37

Starting to worry Azeez has been kidknapped by an obsessive member of the medical team... or is it more akin to Stockholm Syndrome?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Oct 2022 12:39

Snowflake Royal Starting to worry Azeez has been kidknapped by an obsessive member of the medical team... or is it more akin to Stockholm Syndrome?

I guess he's been rushed back twice now only to break down again quickly. Must be tempting to just let him build up his fitness and come back after the WC - imagine they'll probably play a friendly or two whilst in Tenerife.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2022 12:42

Nameless
SCIAG

Unfortunately you’ll still get people who hold a bizarre grudge against Moore painting him as the villain. From what I know Moore made other offers to the club regarding money which were pretty much ignored.

Don’t think many people have a grudge so much as a frustration that there is someone taking up a huge chunk of our wage budget and we’re getting nothing in return

I don’t blame him, it’s just a constant reminder of the idiocy of some of the previous financial management

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Oct 2022 12:51

Hound
Nameless
SCIAG Moore was absurdly optimistic about his return (as he always is). Ince has been consistent that he’s expected back in early 2023. Moore’s injury is real.

Don’t think many people have a grudge so much as a frustration that there is someone taking up a huge chunk of our wage budget and we’re getting nothing in return

I don’t blame him, it’s just a constant reminder of the idiocy of some of the previous financial management

Agree that it’s a small number of obsessive who see Moore as ‘to blame’. As for getting nothing in return, he’s had a potentially career ending injury ! Previously he’s played on with serious injuries incurred during a game, I don’t think he’s swinging the lead.
I agree Moore is taking the flak from the small minded for bad decisions of previous management as he’s the only one left from that era.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2022 14:08

Nameless
Hound
Nameless

Agree that it’s a small number of obsessive who see Moore as ‘to blame’. As for getting nothing in return, he’s had a potentially career ending injury ! Previously he’s played on with serious injuries incurred during a game, I don’t think he’s swinging the lead.
I agree Moore is taking the flak from the small minded for bad decisions of previous management as he’s the only one left from that era.

Yeah agreed on the injury - it’s not his fault as such just the reality of the situation. I don’t for one minute think he’s taking the pi$$ with it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2022 17:10

Hound
Nameless
Hound

Yeah agreed on the injury - it’s not his fault as such just the reality of the situation. I don’t for one minute think he’s taking the pi$$ with it.

I know it’s very remote but just imagine if Liam stayed and scored a goal or cleared a shot off the line that effectively got Reading into the playoffs….

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2022 07:24

Current latest after Watford :

Name - Injury - Current expected return

1. DANN, Scott - Calf - January 2023
  2. LUMLEY, Joe - Foot - Coventry (h)
  3. MCINTYRE, Tom - Calf - Coventry (h)
  4. MOORE, Liam - Knees - Coventry (h)
  5. SARR, Naby - Groin - Coventry (h)
  6. TETEK, Dejan - Hamstring - Coventry (h)

Below is more info on what exactly the injury problems were with Liam Moore :

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... y-25460908

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 09 Nov 2022 07:52

Sutekh Current latest after Watford :

Interesting he had this long term knee issue and it took the medics at Stoke to get it diagnosed. Another stellar piece of work from our physio department.

Why haven't they been sacked for their incompetence yet?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2022 16:55

Orion1871
Sutekh Current latest after Watford :

Interesting he had this long term knee issue and it took the medics at Stoke to get it diagnosed. Another stellar piece of work from our physio department.

Why haven't they been sacked for their incompetence yet?

Perhaps he simply hadn’t mentioned any issues with it, it was only picked up at Stoke as he happened to mention he didn’t feel his other knee was quite right and presumably this is all at the time when he’s been referred to a hospital for further tests so it’s really what the hospital doctors and consultants are talking to him about that’s key.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Nov 2022 16:13

What is wrong with Tom Ince's wrist?

Sure he's had that strapping on since he first joined us

808 posts