Injury watch 2022/23

808 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2022/23

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2022 18:07

Snowflake Royal Tinfoil Conspiracy alert.

Could our horrendous inuury record over the last couple of years all be an insurance con?

Insuring players against injury to help cover wages seems like it might be both sensible and plausible in the industry.

Chances of us faking injuries to claim on the insurance to help cover our ludicrous wage spending?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul in that it would surely dramatically increase our premiums, but to some extent that's a deferred cost.

Just a random idea.

I think a player has to retire from the game in order to be able to claim on insurance. Pretty sure you can’t insure (at least for any kind of sensible premium) for temporary injury.
Even insurance against career ending injury is so expensive (given the large number of claims and the likely size of those claims) that I believe many clubs don’t take it out and neither do individual players.
I think there was a discussion about this on the Price of Football podcast ages ago and they did the sums on cost of premiums vs self insuring by clubs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2022 19:55

Nameless

Could our horrendous inuury record over the last couple of years all be an insurance con?

Insuring players against injury to help cover wages seems like it might be both sensible and plausible in the industry.

Chances of us faking injuries to claim on the insurance to help cover our ludicrous wage spending?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul in that it would surely dramatically increase our premiums, but to some extent that's a deferred cost.

Just a random idea.

I think a player has to retire from the game in order to be able to claim on insurance. Pretty sure you can’t insure (at least for any kind of sensible premium) for temporary injury.
Even insurance against career ending injury is so expensive (given the large number of claims and the likely size of those claims) that I believe many clubs don’t take it out and neither do individual players.
I think there was a discussion about this on the Price of Football podcast ages ago and they did the sums on cost of premiums vs self insuring by clubs.

Insurance pays out to a club on a injury suffered on international duty so not beyond the realms of impossibility there could be policies available with payouts if a star left back got a broken leg or something.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 22:18

Sarr has a calf injury and surprise surprise Dann has done his hamstring.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2022 22:22

windermereROYAL Sarr has a calf injury and surprise surprise Dann has done his hamstring.

Dann just needs to fukk off. A complete waste of a place in the squad
Hopefully Sarr will be available on Sunday

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2022 22:25

Zip
windermereROYAL Sarr has a calf injury and surprise surprise Dann has done his hamstring.

I don`t know what genius made the decision to keep him but let Morrison go, but he needs to fukk off out of our club.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Aug 2022 22:27

Zip

Completely agree about Dann. He’s just been a waste of money and why on earth we gave him an additional one year contract is beyond me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2022 08:06

Ridiculous from Dann

Morrison should have been released as well though. Not up to this level now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2022 08:20

Hound Ridiculous from Dann

Morrison should have been released as well though. Not up to this level now

36 year old ponderous defender with known fitness issues in not being able to get fit shocker.

Morro was at worst mixed last season. Not a regular by any stretch these days, but would have been a useful squad option.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Aug 2022 08:52

I think Dann is just overall a better player/defender than Morrison, but obviously doesn't mean jack all when you can't get him in the squad, let alone on the field.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Aug 2022 12:18

Sutekh
Nameless

Just a random idea.

Insurance pays out to a club on a injury suffered on international duty so not beyond the realms of impossibility there could be policies available with payouts if a star left back got a broken leg or something.

Different insurance though. That is a country FA having to cover the players they borrow from their employers. You can obviously insure anything if you pay a high enough premium

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Sep 2022 20:41

blythspartan
Zip

Completely agree about Dann. He’s just been a waste of money and why on earth we gave him an additional one year contract is beyond me.

Dann should give his salary back, what a waste of junk. Fcuking useless sick note pcunt.

scumbag

by scumbag » 01 Sep 2022 21:25

CountryRoyal
blythspartan
Zip

Dann should give his salary back, what a waste of junk. Fcuking useless sick note pcunt.

What an obnoxious post.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2022 08:59

According to the Chronicle it is expected to be more than 2 months before Naby Sarr is back from a calf injury. So that may well mean Christmas before we see him again given the Qatar stupidity and getting back to some sort of match fitness.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Sep 2022 09:34

Jesus wept. never fukking ending, now down to the bare bones at CB.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Sep 2022 09:41

windermereROYAL Jesus wept. never fukking ending, now down to the bare bones at CB.

Yep three including Moore out for months. Although riches compared to last season with TMac, Holmes and Hutchinson available. We didn’t have a single fit centre back at one stage last season.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Sep 2022 09:46

Sutekh According to the Chronicle it is expected to be more than 2 months before Naby Sarr is back from a calf injury. So that may well mean Christmas before we see him again given the Qatar stupidity and getting back to some sort of match fitness.

Not sure this is right...

According to Chronicle reporter James Earnshaw on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/james_e1871/ ... 1537615872

I’m hearing Naby Sarr’s scan showed a worse injury than first feared and he is ruled out of Sunday’s clash against Stoke. Hopeful to have him back for Watford

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ity-visit/

The Chronicle piece is tricky to read due to all the adverts but I think the two months refers to Scott Dann not Naby Sarr:

The Chronicle understand that the former France Under-21 defender had a scan on Wednesday and is out for longer than hoped.

It is thought that there was hope that he would be fit enough to face the Potters, but scans suggest otherwise.

He joins fellow centre-back Scott Dann on the treatment table after the 35-year-old injured his hamstring while on his way back toward first team contention.

It is expected to be more than two months before he is back near the first team.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Sep 2022 09:57

morganb
Sutekh According to the Chronicle it is expected to be more than 2 months before Naby Sarr is back from a calf injury. So that may well mean Christmas before we see him again given the Qatar stupidity and getting back to some sort of match fitness.

Not sure this is right...

According to Chronicle reporter James Earnshaw on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/james_e1871/ ... 1537615872

I’m hearing Naby Sarr’s scan showed a worse injury than first feared and he is ruled out of Sunday’s clash against Stoke. Hopeful to have him back for Watford

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... ity-visit/

The Chronicle piece is tricky to read due to all the adverts but I think the two months refers to Scott Dann not Naby Sarr:

The Chronicle understand that the former France Under-21 defender had a scan on Wednesday and is out for longer than hoped.

It is thought that there was hope that he would be fit enough to face the Potters, but scans suggest otherwise.

He joins fellow centre-back Scott Dann on the treatment table after the 35-year-old injured his hamstring while on his way back toward first team contention.

It is expected to be more than two months before he is back near the first team.

Thanks for that, missed the twatter article so hoping that Mr Sarr does indeed resume service v Watford.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2022 11:20

Yeah had me worried but they’re referring to Dann who we may as well just write off tbh

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2022 12:19

Back in March, I was chatting to the bloke who did my bathroom and he was telling me that his wife went to school with Scott Dann and was also good mates with Dann's wife. He made a comment along the lines of "He was at Palace last season but has now retired because of injury".

I was not amused.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2022 12:38

windermereROYAL Jesus wept. never fukking ending, now down to the bare bones at CB.

Nah, we're fine.

Hutchinson, Holmes, McIntyre. Yiadom able to play there with Hoilett or Abrefa covering RWB. We can switch to a back 4 if needed. And there's also Clarke and potentially Abbey in reserve. And I bet Loum could play there.

808 posts